Interior Health Employee Reviews

A clueless fertile garden for Narcissism type personalities to advance
Undisclosed leadership job (Former Employee) –  Undisclosed.5 March 2017
Hit or miss if you end up anywhere near a bully coworker or supervisor. Talk to people who work in the area you are considering BEFORE you take a job here. Some areas great others horrendous. The higher you are in this organization, the more culture problems there are. Ministry of Health should launch an investigation about metrics on sick time, retention problems, grievances, and budget overages due to overtime. Red Flags. They should "clean house" of Directors who have dept with ongoing bad stats on the above.
Pros
wages benefits security, many good and dedicated people who care about patients and work hard
Cons
culture that tolerates bully behaviour, management that needs revamp
Fun place/ but no safety
Nurse (Current Employee) –  EKRH12 February 2017
Typical day is very busy. I love the people I work with, they are such a good group of professionals. Management is doing the best they can with the little resources, I believe they get from the government. The hardest part was some of the people ((both young and old ) who come into the health facility for services, but if they don't like that there is a wait time or not a bed ready for their surgery or if they don't like the coffee at the coffee shop, they will start throwing tantrums and swearing at the staff. They really need to get actual security guards not hospital monitors it really can be unsafe especially when dealing with the addicts..
Pros
Staff
Cons
Unsafe at times
Still employeed
Patient Transport Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 February 2017
still a current worker, helpful manager that helps flex hours. high paced job, call center style, lots of turnover due to nature of job. Logistics management and dealing with lots of stakeholders.
Plant Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Trail, BC17 January 2017
Current management structure is not sustainable. A culture of fear from the top down is deeply rooted. Managers with this organization are treated poorly and have a very limited support system.
Pros
Some autonomy
Cons
No recognition
Lack of leadership,poor moral
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 December 2016
Plant Services management unskilled and have no clue as to how to manage staff. Lack of employees results in workers having vacation time denied by management. Bullying tactics by management prevail. Safety issues raised by workers are ignored. Union contract often ignored resulting in numerous grievences
Good place to work. Mileage paid.
Home Support Aide (Former Employee) –  Creston, BC12 December 2016
A typical day would be: taking my schedule off my computer @ 1700 the previous day. Going to assigned clients in my own car. I learned documentation skills. My co-workers were rarely seen unless a client required 2 workers. Every worker I worked with was great. The hardest part of the job was finding some of the addresses. The most enjoyable part was when I got to work with another worker or discuss clients at monthly meetings.
Pros
Working alone you don't have to deal with unpleasant co-workers.
Cons
Sometimes I didn't have a Team Leader to call.
housekeeping
Casual Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC8 December 2016
I learned a lot of social and cleaning skills. the management seemed very one sided and I felt as if some people were treated better then others, so I felt we were not all treated equally. I didn't like that the job changed often, new management, new job discriptions ect. the most enjoyable part of the job was the independent work.
Pros
casual work. being able to work in different departments
Cons
managment was not good.
Working with a gentleman with needs
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC5 December 2016
This family is amazing to work with. They are funny, kind, and very knowledgeable. They run a tight program and are motivated to improve the clients quality of life.
Not a team environment
Maintainance (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC29 November 2016
This is not a team environment. Everyone worries about petty
s h i t No one cares about you in spite of their motto "Everybody Matters" (P00p of a certain farm animal) . Out for themselves.
Not the best place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC11 November 2016
Management is terrible and bullying is rampant in the East Kootenays anyway. Management talks on here how they take bullying seriously, but they don't. They consider the victim a troublemaker and once you lodge a complaint, they make every day even more difficult for that person, so there is no point in going to them, you just have to take the abuse or quit. I don't know who voted them best employer, no one I know would vote for them and I've never seen a poll or questionnaire on it. Worst place I ever worked in my entire life. It's truly a shame because if management really took bullying seriously and disciplined the bullies immediately upon complaint it really could be a good place to work...
Great staff and management on my unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 November 2016
I loved my job at Interior Health. I found the staff amazing and management very supportive. The doctors were great to work with, and we had everything we needed to do our jobs well.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
not alot of variety for change
Overall a good job. Nice staff.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 October 2016
I loved it. It was a nice place and there was always work! Even though i was a casual i had no problem getting the hours i wanted.
Pros
Good pay and good people
Cons
Old darker building
Excellet workplace. Room to grow
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC4 October 2016
Loved working at this hospital but have since moved to Alberta in which now looking for a new place to call my career. Made many friends and learned alot more there Than just from the booKS at collage.
Great Place to work
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Trail, BC3 October 2016
Young staff who are egar about their roles as medical technologists who create a welcoming environment. Team work is key in this laboratory and everyone does their part!
Cons
Rotational Schedule, Unable to get time off work, Not a very flexible schedule.
Productive learning workplace
careaide (Former Employee) –  Lytton, BC3 October 2016
very well maintained workplace , healthy environment and team appreciation, co-workers all helped each other with scedules and sick days and the hardest was leaving
Living the dream
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Kootenays28 September 2016
I definitely feel lucky and blessed to have this awesome career. Interior Health is rated the best employer in the interior. In terms of benefits, wages, job security, and job satisfaction, I can certainly say this is true for me! I do wish that they would be more proactive about supporting employees with educational opportunities, but otherwise I am very happy with my job.
Pros
Benefits, location, coworkers, clients.
Cons
Lacking support for educational opportunities.
Working with friends
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  New Denver, BC22 September 2016
I like working at Interior Health. I enjoy working with our seniors and have a very close relationship with all the staff. I have learned many tricks of the trade for cooking in large batches of food. The hardest part of the job is that it does not really change, and creativity is not as easy when cooking for our seniors. The most enjoyable part is seeing them truly enjoy the homemade food our kitchen makes as we are lucky enough to be too remote for the traditional heat and serve hospital food most other facilities serve.
Pros
job stability
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Job security
LPN (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 September 2016
No job security even if you acquire a permanent job because someone with higher seniority can always take that job away from you. Permanent jobs should be left alone. Only casual lines and vacancies should be offered to employees regardless of seniority.
Terrible,
Support Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbia Shuswap24 July 2016
Top heavy, unskilled management that use bulling and condescending belittling language to manage. they don't follow union guidelines for rewording positions.
Pros
not bad compensation
Cons
Unhealthy toxic work environment
No chance for advancement
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Okanagan, BC13 July 2016
Interior health is so top heavy with managers looking to fulfill their own needs and those who are personal friends.
Compensation isn't bad but could be better if interior health would unload all the overpaid executives in their individual offices and compensate those doing the actual work.
Vacation time and benefits are greatly appreciated and much needed.
Pros
Paid vacation and benefits

2.9