Interior Health Employee Review

View all Interior Health reviews

Helpful, knowledgeable work mates. Clean, organized work bench.
Work Practicum (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 June 2013
Typical day is making the rounds in the hospital. Finding out what equipment went down and needs to be repaired. Often find myself looking up device manuals on the computer system and troubleshooting device failure. Every day I did at least one preventative maintenance on some type of medical device, most often vital signs monitors. I went on a few road trips to satellite renal dialysis sites and worked on Gambro devices and x-ray equipment at smaller clinics.

It is a well managed shop. My co-workers were very open to questions and helped me learn how to log work orders and request parts using their AssetPlus computer system. The hardest part of the job was that it involved a lot of sitting at the bench. I like to remain active so sitting often can be a challenge for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I got to solder something on a device.
Pros
Free lunch when you travelled 50km one way to job site
Cons
Not a full 8 hour shift

Other Interior Health Employee Reviews

Good employer but poor management
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC6 December 2017
There is illusion of equal opportunity and advancement, however time and again you see/hear of ones being overlooked. Training is lacking in many roles and support not provided where required. Managers tend to hire based on personal preference (and pre-selection) versus on actual work experience.
Pros
Good work/life balance, wages reasonable
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunities
Bullying is rampant
LPN (Current Employee) –  interior of BC30 November 2017
bullying is rampant with staff and management. An atmosphere of reporting co-works has been cultivated under the guise of patient learning. Management singles out employees and follows their every move until they can bring them in for discipline, which would be beneficial if the worst workers were the the ones being singled out. However it is more of a bullying practice than a quality control measure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interior Health. Our community is ready to answer.