Interior Health Employee Review

View all Interior Health reviews

It is a good company, but not much room for advancement in my field.
Chief engineer / Shift Engineer (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC23 August 2012
My typical day is pretty much the same as most power engineers. I work with boilers, and fan systems, chillers, cooling towers, pretty much anything to do with the physical plant. The hardest part of the job is not being able to advance. I love the field I am in but unfortunately the plant I am at is not large enough for me to get my next ticket. The most enjoyable part of my job would be all the people. The staff here are amazing.
Pros
stable job. recesion proof.
Cons
no room for advancement, and the pay is below average.

Other Interior Health Employee Reviews

Good employer but poor management
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC6 December 2017
There is illusion of equal opportunity and advancement, however time and again you see/hear of ones being overlooked. Training is lacking in many roles and support not provided where required. Managers tend to hire based on personal preference (and pre-selection) versus on actual work experience.
Pros
Good work/life balance, wages reasonable
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunities
Bullying is rampant
LPN (Current Employee) –  interior of BC30 November 2017
bullying is rampant with staff and management. An atmosphere of reporting co-works has been cultivated under the guise of patient learning. Management singles out employees and follows their every move until they can bring them in for discipline, which would be beneficial if the worst workers were the the ones being singled out. However it is more of a bullying practice than a quality control measure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interior Health. Our community is ready to answer.