Interior Health Employee Review

View all Interior Health reviews

A small Hospital has grown to be a big hospital .
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC31 January 2014
During my 10 years I have been witnessed to immense growth at KGH . When I started it was small hospital with an ICU that was at times 1/2 empty. Emergency was slow . A trauma was a "big deal". Now we have a Cardiac Center attached to it . UBCO has Medical and Nursing Programs working within it . The Emergency has doubled it's number of patient visits . It's become a busy busy place. Occupansy is at 100 % most days . Itis in short like any other hospital found in a bigger city .
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Emergency is busy, breaks are an option .....

Other Interior Health Employee Reviews

It's a good job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 January 2018
It's a good job and its unionized so you get a lot of good benefits. Very team like and atmosphere. The staff are very helpful to one another and the pay is very good
Good employer but poor management
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC6 December 2017
There is illusion of equal opportunity and advancement, however time and again you see/hear of ones being overlooked. Training is lacking in many roles and support not provided where required. Managers tend to hire based on personal preference (and pre-selection) versus on actual work experience.
Pros
Good work/life balance, wages reasonable
Cons
Poor management, no advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interior Health. Our community is ready to answer.