Interior Health Employee Reviews

Some departments are better than others
Middle management (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC13 August 2017
As a leader in middle management, attended many meetings as significant sructural changes left little time to spend with employees. Experienced three episodes of restructuring within 5 years.
Organizationally, branches of the system fighting for resources amongst themselves.
In my last position i was asked to make changes I felt were unethical and caused significant moral distress.
Best part, feeling like l made a difference.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Need to be more employee focused
It is a fun place we all get along as a Team
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Merritt, BC9 August 2017
Working in a care home is an amazing job.It is working with people that are caring and compassionet.I love my job my co-workers and my supervisor.It is a great place to work.The hardest part about my job is death.You begin to know these residents as family.Most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work everyday knowing I may make a difference in someones life.Typical work day consists of teamwork.I learn that life is to short you must see everyones life is different.
Pros
Staff Aprreciation Lunches
Cons
Heaving Garbages
Fun work environment
Emergency Department Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kamloo27 July 2017
Challenging work place with lots of opportunity to learn and advance. Relaxed atmosphere and lots of support to really learn your job. Best part of working there, awesome coworkers and dedicated people all around.
Productive and fun workplace
Home Care Palliative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oliver, BC24 May 2017
Great place to work with very supportive staff and management. I felt very supported when I made the transition from Vancouver Coastal Health. I will continue to work here.
Busy
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 April 2017
Always working in the health field you will be run off your feet . Great co- workers and head nurses at the time I had worked there. Great experience.
Hard Job
Autopsy Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 April 2017
I found that this was a difficult job, but with lots of dedication and continued education, I found this job to be very inspiring and motivating. It is not a job for anyone, but I found that I was able to work a lot on my professionalism.
Pros
Fulfilling
great place to work
Practice Lead, Chronic Disease Management (Former Employee) –  Kelowna30 March 2017
Great place to work with lots of opportunities. I liked working in Kelowna. Travelling within interior health is difficult because of terrain and weather. Salary raise and career growth is limited.
Pros
dedicated employees and good compensation
Cons
complex reporting structure
A clueless fertile garden for Narcissism type personalities to advance
Undisclosed leadership job (Former Employee) –  Undisclosed.5 March 2017
Hit or miss if you end up anywhere near a bully coworker or supervisor. Talk to people who work in the area you are considering BEFORE you take a job here. Some areas great others horrendous. The higher you are in this organization, the more culture problems there are. Ministry of Health should launch an investigation about metrics on sick time, retention problems, grievances, and budget overages due to overtime. Red Flags. They should "clean house" of Directors who have dept with ongoing bad stats on the above.
Pros
wages benefits security, many good and dedicated people who care about patients and work hard
Cons
culture that tolerates bully behaviour, management that needs revamp
Fun place/ but no safety
Nurse (Current Employee) –  EKRH12 February 2017
Typical day is very busy. I love the people I work with, they are such a good group of professionals. Management is doing the best they can with the little resources, I believe they get from the government. The hardest part was some of the people ((both young and old ) who come into the health facility for services, but if they don't like that there is a wait time or not a bed ready for their surgery or if they don't like the coffee at the coffee shop, they will start throwing tantrums and swearing at the staff. They really need to get actual security guards not hospital monitors it really can be unsafe especially when dealing with the addicts..
Pros
Staff
Cons
Unsafe at times
Still employeed
Patient Transport Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 February 2017
still a current worker, helpful manager that helps flex hours. high paced job, call center style, lots of turnover due to nature of job. Logistics management and dealing with lots of stakeholders.
Plant Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Trail, BC17 January 2017
Current management structure is not sustainable. A culture of fear from the top down is deeply rooted. Managers with this organization are treated poorly and have a very limited support system.
Pros
Some autonomy
Cons
No recognition
Lack of leadership,poor moral
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 December 2016
Plant Services management unskilled and have no clue as to how to manage staff. Lack of employees results in workers having vacation time denied by management. Bullying tactics by management prevail. Safety issues raised by workers are ignored. Union contract often ignored resulting in numerous grievences
Good place to work. Mileage paid.
Home Support Aide (Former Employee) –  Creston, BC12 December 2016
A typical day would be: taking my schedule off my computer @ 1700 the previous day. Going to assigned clients in my own car. I learned documentation skills. My co-workers were rarely seen unless a client required 2 workers. Every worker I worked with was great. The hardest part of the job was finding some of the addresses. The most enjoyable part was when I got to work with another worker or discuss clients at monthly meetings.
Pros
Working alone you don't have to deal with unpleasant co-workers.
Cons
Sometimes I didn't have a Team Leader to call.
housekeeping
Casual Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC8 December 2016
I learned a lot of social and cleaning skills. the management seemed very one sided and I felt as if some people were treated better then others, so I felt we were not all treated equally. I didn't like that the job changed often, new management, new job discriptions ect. the most enjoyable part of the job was the independent work.
Pros
casual work. being able to work in different departments
Cons
managment was not good.
Working with a gentleman with needs
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC5 December 2016
This family is amazing to work with. They are funny, kind, and very knowledgeable. They run a tight program and are motivated to improve the clients quality of life.
Not a team environment
Maintainance (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC29 November 2016
This is not a team environment. Everyone worries about petty
s h i t No one cares about you in spite of their motto "Everybody Matters" (P00p of a certain farm animal) . Out for themselves.
Not the best place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC11 November 2016
Management is terrible and bullying is rampant in the East Kootenays anyway. Management talks on here how they take bullying seriously, but they don't. They consider the victim a troublemaker and once you lodge a complaint, they make every day even more difficult for that person, so there is no point in going to them, you just have to take the abuse or quit. I don't know who voted them best employer, no one I know would vote for them and I've never seen a poll or questionnaire on it. Worst place I ever worked in my entire life. It's truly a shame because if management really took bullying seriously and disciplined the bullies immediately upon complaint it really could be a good place to work...
Great staff and management on my unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 November 2016
I loved my job at Interior Health. I found the staff amazing and management very supportive. The doctors were great to work with, and we had everything we needed to do our jobs well.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
not alot of variety for change
Overall a good job. Nice staff.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 October 2016
I loved it. It was a nice place and there was always work! Even though i was a casual i had no problem getting the hours i wanted.
Pros
Good pay and good people
Cons
Old darker building
Excellet workplace. Room to grow
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC4 October 2016
Loved working at this hospital but have since moved to Alberta in which now looking for a new place to call my career. Made many friends and learned alot more there Than just from the booKS at collage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interior Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval