This is a unique opportunity that requires a qualified and experienced hands on manager who can develop and work with engineering designs and CAD/Material software programs as easily as managing building projects from kick off to turn over.
As member of the operations team, you will be responsible for directing, monitoring and communicating the progress of projects from sales to completion. This encompasses the responsibility for implementing, operating and managing our design and building management software system, overseeing internal and external approvals, cost accounting and controls for the building materials and construction hard cost sections of project budgets.
We are looking for a energetic person who thrives on building relationships, taking ownership, accepting new challenges within a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Drafting and Materials (25%)
- Lead the implementation and adoption of CAD/Material software program that manages structural framing, component design, production management and business management.
- Operate and manage software programs
- Over see the training and use of CAD/Material software program across the company
Project Management (20%)
- Manager in house portion of turnkey/offsite projects
- Ensure proper flow of projects from sales to completion
- Channel and manage the flow of information – client/head office/plant/offsite contractors
- Coordinate proper and timely billing of customers
- Manage contract changes across different departments
- Oversee job costing for turnkey projects
- Review preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each project
Estimating and Costing (25%)
- Manage and continue the development of the system and tools for estimating and cost reporting
- Cost estimating commercial and export projects
- Maintain the cost database
- Preparing customer quotes - export
- Manage project budgets and measure and analyzing results
Customer Management (20%)
- Ensure the clear communication flow of project details liaising between sales and customers, administration and contractors.
- Ensure information received from sales meets the requirements of production
- Maintain strong customer and contractor relations
- Computer support – maintaining CAD/material computer systems
- Other duties as they develop
- Completion of Post-secondary degree in Building Design, or Building Science or equivalent, Project Management.
- Minimum 5 years construction related activities.
- You have knowledge of truss manufacturing, housing designs, cost accounting, and project administration.
- You excel at using Mitek’s Sapphire suite of software programs or SEMA software or other similar CAD/Material programs that deal with building design, layout, and engineering.
- You have the ability to manage and control: customer relations, and client designs, progress meetings, contract documents, scheduling, financial monitoring, and factory materials.
- You have managed a team to ensure work is completed efficiently and on time.
- You have worked in a production environment.
- You are enthusiastic, positive, accountable and a team player who can work with minimal supervision.
Our competitive compensation reflects what our employees value the most, including opportunities to be challenged with an emphasis on work-life balance. If you are looking to be part of an award winning builder and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter and resume.