intercontinental

intercontinental Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
#1 Intercontinental in the U.S.
BANQUET CAPTAIN (Current Employee), Monterey, CAJuly 20, 2014
Since we have opened we have never slipped under the # 3 spot for Intercontinentals but this year we are the # 1 Intercontinental for the year. This number is based on guest satisfaction.
It is the staff we have a bunch of customer service pros.
I built our banquet department from the beginning and I have pushed happy guest from day one and we have – more... never looked back. We have had the #1 Banquet department since we opened whether the hotel dropped under or not.
We have averaged over 92% guest satisfaction since the opening. – less
Prepare continental, Indian, Mexican and Italian dishes
Commi Chef in Hot (Former Employee), riyadh saudi arabiaJune 7, 2014
Pros: free food accomodation
Cons: long hours(12)
• Correctly and safely operated all kitchen equipment in accordance with set guidelines.
• Prepared for each shift by placing a clean cutting board and utensil bath at workstation.
• Prepares all mise en place in my production section for smooth operation.
• Followed proper food handling methods and maintained correct temperature of all food products.
Not challenging enough
Assistant and Secaryt (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: i had a hour lunch fee
Cons: long working hours and long travelling distances
Was a good working environment but it did not challenge me enough. Due to my studies it became difficult to maintain my working hours and due to the traveling distance it became difficult getting to work.
Intercontinental's job culture is what you'd expect from there company goals. All exceptional.
Night Audit Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free parking, promotions from within, commissions, they put effort into training there employees.
Cons: i can't think of any.
The Intercontinental helped season my MOD experience from previous hotel experience. Management there furthered my knowledge of global hotel standards. Management was always around excelling to improve overall service. Being part of the IHG family was great, all coworkers were enthusiastic about their respective positions and excelled at everything. – more... I would rarely come across anything that needed to be reported through my nightly MOD walk through such as something that needed the engineers attention, nor was there many noise complaints either. Intercontinental has a sleep well policy they take serious and as such the walls are not thin at all. The only challenge was the random last minute influx of many distressed passengers due to us being an airport hotel, which was new to me, but taught me how to better handle and prepare for last minute shifts from low occupancy to very fast paced rush of check ins as well as food vouchers all being used simultaneously after check in since we took room service orders too. Typically front desk doesn't usually put in room service orders, so this helped cultivate employees that could handle multitasking. – less
BRILLIANT WORK PLACE WITH SPARKLING WIEW ON DANUBE RIVER
HEAD WAITER (Former Employee), 5 Star HOTEL RESTAURANT , ENGNovember 4, 2013
Pros: free breakfast lunch and dinner
Cons: love to be in time ready for work
FUN CO-WORKERS WITH BIG EXPERIENCE AND ON THE JOB HARD WORKING ATTITUDE LOVE MY JOB
good place
SR. STEWARD (Former Employee), new delhiOctober 27, 2013
Pros: all meal
Cons: no extra time
i have learn all my basics from there.

every thing was good.

goog management
Good place to work same as management.
Team MEMBER (Former Employee), INTERCONTINENTAL DXBSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: was free
Cons: was paid
All tought give to the place was good exprence and learning process the team & management was really tought.
It's a good company
Captain D's Seafood (Current Employee), Egypt, ARJune 21, 2013
Pros: i work under pressure
Cons: i do not have much of the world's languages i speak good english and a little german
1.& I was working in Ki breakfast brought coffee and tea for guests At lunch you are ready to prepare cocktails to make guests satisfy and the recovery of the Day 2 &. Service Company 2 ways how to solve the problem 3 Sales 4Ensure hospitality 5 Contact with colleagues 6 Knowledge of food Beverage knowledge 3&How do you manage workers How to Train trainees – more... 4 & Collaborating with colleagues and love to make work better for guests 5&Nothing I love work 6&Dealing with guests and coworkers 7 & I hope the opportunity with you – less
Beautiful Property
Guests Services Agent (Current Employee), Buckhead, GAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: benefits and pay rate experience
Cons: paying for parking, poor management
The most enjoyable part of working here is meeting new people and celebrities and developing a friendship with them. The hardest part about working here is not being able to balance work and family life being a single parent because your working long hours and the management does not care about weather or not you have a lifestyle change with your family – more... and need a change in your schedule. – less
good palace to work
LINE PANTRY COOK (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 26, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: full health benifits, local-2 union job
i am working in am sift five day aweek.i have 7 co-workers , i like my job very much
good palace to work
LINE PANTRY COOK (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 26, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: full health benifits, local-2 union job
Work experience with InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Reservation sales agent (Former Employee), Abu DhabiDecember 20, 2012
Pros: free three meals, transportation, accommodation, ....etc
Cons: long hours.
I have learnt everything about hospitality from InterContinental. Starting from Hotel policy and standard to do my full task as reservation sales agent.
I have taken a lot of training to develop my skills, acknowledgement, attitude and behavior to be an international employee for a big company in the hospitality industry.
The management gave us the – more... opportunity to develop and grow, and they cared for employee happiness in order to deliver the excellent service to our guests.
My coworkers were like my big one family and every success happened with them support.
I really enjoyed to work at InterContinental Abu Dhabi and was the base for everything I have now. – less
wow!!!!!!!!!!!really good lots fun enjoy our valuable guest friendly tem worked
Demi- Chef (Former Employee), kingdom of saudi arabiaDecember 10, 2012
Pros: yes free lunch
Cons: yes every 3 hours 10 minute break
that was great hotel i love to worked with good people around the global everything perfect ihg is the best working place
Winning Ways
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), FinanceNovember 17, 2012
Great Hotels Guest Love, Staff Loves
Started with IHG as a steward from2008 January,
After the cross training, Room to grow presently as Accounts Receivable in Finance Dept from 2010 December till present
I have 3 years experience
D&g boutique (Former Employee), Tashkent, UzbekisatanOctober 23, 2012
Pros: apartment, good celery, transportation, visa, food
Cons: working time 8 hours
8 hours a day
leared Pollux, Fidelio 8 and Micros program
Mid Level
Managers of Intercontinental and Radisson Blue
Night shift
Lots of people from every countries
Business Hotel
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Century City, CAMay 8, 2012
I most enjoy the rush business days from Monday through Thursday.
buen establecimiento laboral
diseñador grafico (Current Employee), Santa Ana Chiautempan, TLAFebruary 25, 2014
normalmente en el trabajo me vasaba en lo que era la reparticion de pan en diferentes poblaciones, lo cual contaba uno con buenas unidades para trabajar, la parte mas dificil del traba era que la verdad no cantabamos con seguro y pues eso me hacia dudar en seguir trabajando
Staybridge
Guest Service Representative & MOD (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 24, 2013
Hayatımda çalışmaktan en çok memnun kaldığım iş deneyimimi bu otelde geçirdim. Gerek çalışanları, gerek atmosferi ve gerek yönetimi ile herşey fevkalade idi.
compromiso
guarda de seguridad (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNMarch 4, 2013
Pros: capacitaciones del personal
se trabajo mucho la parte de servicio al cliente la responsabilidad y respeto hacia los demás y compromiso del trabajo
A empresa oferece oportunidade
OP DE MICRO (CADASTRO) (Current Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: o salário é compatível e não atrasa.
Cons: aqui, mesmo que eu não queira, eu saio mais tarde.
Aprendi toda a rotina relacionada ao meu cargo, porque foi aqui que eu tive a oportunidade de dsempenhar essa função através de uma promoção.