InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bella experience
Assistant Director F&B (Former Employee), ChinaFebruary 7, 2014
Open BBF every day at 6:00 Am, attend meeting and follow up the daily duty.

Five Winning Ways, Do the right thing, Show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate difference, Work better together .

(IHG) is an international hotel company whose goal is to create Great Hotels Guests Love. They have more guest rooms than any.

Working in china is great experience, – more... but need a patience and challenge to communicate with different culture.

Happy to share my experience and working better together. – less
love the managers
Food and Cocktail server (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay job
working for this company is just work very boring no motivation comniacation skill is very poor. Co worker don't like working as a team.
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Operations (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2014
I've been working at Intercontinental Hotel for 1,8 months. I love this place, and I enjoy every day working here. The management is very professional and helpful. My co-workers became my second family.
It's very busy Hotel and and I learn something new every single day.
My customer service skills have developed since I started working at Intercontinental. – more... Plus, I've learned OPERA PMS.
Now, with seven years of Hospitality experience, I'm looking for new opportunities and challenges in my life, and would love to take another step in my career.
Thank you! – less
Fun and productive place to work
Travel Coordinator (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: hotel visit's
As my position as a travel coordinator I assisted guest on how to plan their vacation, and also what hotel would be the right fit for them. This is not the only part of my job, but the beginning. IHG is where I built my strong work ethic, learn to celebrate and embrace difference, improved my communication skills, and to adapt to change. My co-workers – more... were like my family and we work together and supported each other, I loved our family day's and how we gave back to the community. – less
AVERAGE
GIFT SHOP ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Doral, FLJanuary 23, 2014
GOOD FOR STUDENTS. GOOD FOR SEASONAL.VERY SOCIAL ATMOSPHERE
very nice work environment
Bartender (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 21, 2014
great restaurant with great people working there. the management team has since changed from when I stopped working there but they always made it an enjoyable place to work.
Nice co workers hours not so good
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2014
The people were easy to work with and I loved the interactions with customers.
productive and fun work place
Housekeeper / Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
My typical day start off very busy some time it all depends on the occupacy of the hotel.I learned how to clean real good,and the management,coworkers was great to work with we had great communication among eachother.The hardest part of my job was to keep the guest very satified becuase you got very picky guest.The fun part of mi job was working and – more... meeting diffrent nationality. – less
IHG is a great professional place to work with the best people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2014
I loved working at IHG and learned alot about working as a team and with a team.
Productive and Active Environment
Runner for Housekeeping (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: unable to negotiate schedules
The most enjoyable part of my work routine was just knowing I was doing good. I knew I made people happy and comfortable around me. People would look for me to specifically take on certain tasks. I absolutely loved feeling dependable.
Change of career needed
Receptionist (Current Employee), Milton KeynesJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: knowing the customers
Cons: hours, pay, management
I have worked for the company for nearly 6 years and there is no room for progression, I would also like to move away from the hospitality industry and try something knew.
great place to work
Banquet Setup Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: always up beat
Cons: some time things get stacked up making setups and turns a little strained
Its fast paced, lots of calls always on the move, great co-workers and lots of great guest coming and going
Fun and caring work place workplace
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 7, 2014
Answering phones all day and talking to people is what I do best, making reservations for people was a lot of fun and the workplace was very different from anywhere I've seen. They always had hotel representatives there to give us tips on how to sell their hotel. The management was very helpful and went over our numbers and what we could do better every – more... week. The co-workers were a lot of fun to sit by and learn different styles. The hardest part was going to school for 10 hours than working, which is the reason I left. – less
A very relaxed working environment encourages you to be yourself
Live Chat Specialist (Former Employee), Baguio City PhilippinesJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: good salary and medical benefits
Cons: tiring night shifts
At IHG, it is like a family as you work together with vibrant people. We are taught to do the right thing and work better together despite the differences of each individual. Probably the hardest part of the job would be meeting individual targets but it brings joy and fulfillment if we are able to deliver great customer experience.
Busy hotel, always busy doing something, great team
Guest Service Agent/ Club Lounge Attendant/ Porter (Former Employee), Darwin, NTJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: meals were provided during the day
Cons: working out in the heat in darwin ; concierge
Great team members and management skills. Non stop busy day every day. No two days were ever the same. Fun and enjoyable place to work. Learnt a lot of hotel language and terms. Learnt the hotel computer system; Bit hard to understand at first but educational and easy after that.
Productive and beautiful place to work.
Marketing and Sales Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2014
Productive and beautiful place to work.
Management encourages increasing knowledge and honing skills.
Short walk from the South Station T stop.
1st Appartemnt Hotel in Mumbai
Commi chef (Former Employee), Mumbai,MHDecember 26, 2013
was associated with them from inception,true experience and journey of my work life started with them.
beneficial
Privilege Club Coordinator (Former Employee), QatarDecember 23, 2013
It was the 2nd job I hold in my working experience life.
I learned so many things.
the hardest part is dealing with different customers and people from very different cultures and nationalities, however it was the most enjoyable part for me as well.
Fun work environment with room to be yourself
Reservationist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhDecember 16, 2013
Pros: we were given lunch cards with $10.00 a week
Cons: wages
I loved being able to work with patients and their families coming to the Cleveland Clinic. I have learned so much from them. Our typical day at work was not like any other in the Hotel Industry. We had our share of great times but we had to wear many hats, since dealing with The Cleveland Clinic. Sometimes it was very stressful but it was always enjoyable. – more... I loved my manager, he always gave me the utmost respect and allowed me to be myself. My co-workers and I were always one team committed to excellance. We had a great team, our focus was always the guest first. – less
give's you room to grow
Demi Chef de partie (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 16, 2013
Pros: free food, nice accommodation, and incentives per quarter
Cons: long hours
My day begin with receiving of deliveries.Checking each item for the correct weight,items description,expiration and right temperature..Then checking the mail and outlets requisition for the day.Preparing their order and occasional chatting with the outlet chefs for new recipes.For us to learn, the company gives a lot of training tailored specially – more... for each individual by recognizing your strength and weaknesses. One can feel the support given by their managers and co-workers. The hardest part is when your stock is not enough for the functions and outlets but at the end of the day everyone's effort to make each event success full is recognized.What i enjoyed most as part of my job is learning new skills and meeting new friends – less

About InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos