InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people, great culture to work in
Contracted Deployment Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2014
Pros: excellent hotel benefits
Cons: sometimes had nothing to do
I loved working at IHG. The people were the reason why you walk in with a smile. Never over-worked and sometimes not busy at all. Management wishes to outsource development work and are thus causing the mass exodus of very good talent.
good job
Brands, MACRO and IHG VOICE Representitive (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMay 22, 2014
Friendly, professional environment, awesome perks and swag.
IHG
Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 17, 2014
Pros: benifits are good
Cons: becomes a routine
I have gained a lot of knowledge from working with this company, I like the structure and how employees are reviewed for their work and given chances to develop. The hardest part was when they made changes on the structure of management. I enjoyed manager outings.
Housekeeping
House Keeper (Former Employee), Kansas CityMay 13, 2014
Followed detailed worksheet for each cabin cleaning. Completes inventory of cabin contents on form provided. Provides information on any missing items to the manager. Daily maintenance of hot tubs. Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them. Change bedding and make beds as directed. Stock cabin food supplies (coffee, – more... tea, sugar, etc.) as needed. – less
IT is a place to work
Demi chef de party (Current Employee), LagosMay 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 1hour break. medical: yes
It nice place to work, but need abroad jobs, they are review as 5star hotel, one of the best HOTEL in world, they are the biggest in Africa here.
Guest Service
Front Office Supervisor-Night Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 9, 2014
My day would start by reviewing all incoming reservation, with my staff and give them a briefing on who are top VIP are and their time of arrival. The best of my job is that I would meet new people and share experiences and stories and get to know them better so We can better service their needs.
Best Foundation an organisation can offer
Manager, Brand Marketing (Former Employee), BugisMay 9, 2014
Pros: everyone is respectful of every indivitual
Cons: none for now
Joining IHG was the Prep School experience any junior executive can get. You learn the hierarchy of the corporate work and everyone is allowed the space to grow.
Company environment changed after moving from Windsor to Denham bringing in two rounds of redundancies
PA/ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Windsor then DenhamMay 7, 2014
Pros: good catering facilities for staff. close to home.
Cons: complicated travel arrangments which could change or be cancelled at last minute
Prioritising work for Present, Vice President & Team, arranging travel & accommodation, responding to all correspondence.
Am adaptable and flexible
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Doha, QATARMay 7, 2014
we had a big event with shortage of manpower but we managed the way we could ad all ended well,what i learned from that day its that before any event starts its good to cordinate with sales team and know the weight of the event to avoid over working of the staff by deploying enough manpower.About management its depends with honesty and diversity of – more... management but where i worked management was fine though challenges must be there.My co-workers were very coperative and that made us work better together we worked as a team.The hardest part of the job was when we hard a water leakage and we hard to stop all lift machines and convince the guests to wait for a while.I felt motivated when one of the guest recognised my job by informing my manager about how i usually conducted my duties and resposbilities,that day i realy enjoyed my job for being recognised. – less
Well established company with great Benefits.
Maintenance Representative (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOApril 30, 2014
company has great plans for the future but no structure towards getting there. Pay was comparable to jobs of its type in the area and the benefits package was excellent.
The place is an old converted warehouse that they can not keep warm or cold, use to have ping pong table and shuffle board no more though
Reservation Agent (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 23, 2014
Cons: free lunches sometimes but are left out from 10am to midnight, if you miss a schedule break and take it you are out compliance
Guest calling to make reservations worldwide

How to make reservations and interact with guest to get best value for hotel and guest.

Management used to be good, but in the last year it has been all about more profit for the company and the reservation agent commissions have been cut drastically.

Most of my friends and co-workers have quit in the – more... last year because of the pay rate structure and commissions, which have been drastically lowered and also the added requirement for selling for our partners. The requirements now are we have 4 minutes to sell the hotel, room type, gather guest information, also fill out forms why guest did not book, and last but not least, we have to sell for 3 different partners (and if don't sell a certain percentage you will be fired). If a guest has questions your first reaction is "Oh No" their goes my time, because if it is over 4 minutes agents have been fired. It used to be only making room reservations and the commissions were a lot higher.

The stress of being fired. staying within the 4 minute limit and selling for partners. It used to be that we were giving the best value to the guest, which kept them coming back and ultimately made money for the hotels. On several occasions I've been told guest are "stupid and don't know anything" quote unquote.

My job is not enjoyable anymore, I used to love the interaction that I had with my guest, while taking their reservations, but now I can't interact with them or I can be fired. – less
fun, great staff and leaders.
Director of Banquets (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2014
Its a great historical hotel, many guests like to have their weddings and other events here.
Communication and assist guests with all question and reasonable request
Housekeeping and Banquets Attendant (Current Employee), sydneyApril 22, 2014
Set up and organize boardroom, conferences and wedding reception under request from manager
Serve drinks , snacks and foods to the guests.
Banquet servers have a variety of duties to ensure that banquets run smoothly.
cricket and marketing
sales executive or computer department (Current Employee), new DelhiApril 21, 2014
Pros: it is good facility for employee to get a free something
Cons: i can do the work in a long hour but the some time not everyday
my point of view this is a good track to make a good future in ur company. good facility provide by company I m looking for this type of job hopefully I will do the best in your organization.
good workplace
Reservations Sales Agent (Current Employee), Makati City, PhilippinesApril 18, 2014
i learn how to be more expert when it comes to customer service by dealing with different types, nationality of people
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Customer Care Case Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston SCApril 11, 2014
Pros: hotel room discounts for travel
Cons: n/a
Took calls as a first contact for the guest with great or poor hotel experience to bring them a step closer to the IHG brand hotel
Was the first job I was able to work at and learned majority of my Customer Service from.
Foxtrot Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 9, 2014
Pros: great learning experience.
Cons: wasn't at the best time in my point and life at that time.
Handled calls for both leisure and business travelers to accommodate their trip.
It was my first time ever working in a hotel room. I learned how to clean rooms, and make beds.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2014
Pros: seniority, good people
Cons: no room advancement, minimal pay
A typical work day at this hotel was when you have a lot of check outs and they leave the rooms a mess that are beyond the call of duty. I've cleaned rooms where they left beer bottles, pizza boxes, and the bathroom was so bad "it's like, How could they do this to us? Besides the gross-out factor of cleaning up a room in such a state of disarray, it – more... takes so much longer to finish, making it even more difficult for housekeepers to meet their daily room quotas.

What I learned about being a room attendant is how to clean, you can get better at time management, and you can earn more responsibility.

The management of housekeeping operations entails scheduling staff, deliveries, services and maintenance, budget analysis, cost-controls and compliance with regulations. A well- run housekeeping department is integral to the success of any lodging operation.

As a co-worker we share certain gratis housekeeping responsibilities with everyone else. Our duties might be extensive or minimal depending on whether your boss employs an after hours cleaning crew, but either way, they can be summarized in four words: Clean Up Behind Yourself.

The hardest part of your job as a housekeeper may not be the cleaning. If you and your guest speak different languages, miscommunication can be a problem. Be upfront about your English ability from the beginning. Ask your guest to speak slowly if you don't understand the instructions. It also is a good idea to give the guest a check list of things that need to be done. Leave extra space for specific instructions and details. You may want to personalize your checklist for each guest.

The most enjoyable part of being a housekeeper is communicating with my co-workers because they also help me do my job better, they guide and push me too keep doing a good job. – less
IHG Hotels is the best hotel group to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: great company, great support & high standards
Cons: hours of the industry
Moving from one property to the next is challenging, yet rewarding. Either starting the hotel from a cement slab to being in the top 3% in North America, or taking over a hotel that is not doing well and progressing to the top 6% in North America.

The hardest part of the job is being on call 24/7 for the past ten years. It's the nature of the industry – more... and that position. – less
Amazing Job
Supervisor/Trainer/Asst Front Office Mgr (Former Employee), Addison, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for advancement and amazing benefits, colleages and management are very supportive.
Every aspect of this job was exciting and eventful. Very fast-paced work environment.

About InterContinental Hotels Group

IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of nine hotel brands, including InterContinental® – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos