InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive experience
Receptionist (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: stability in the work, free meals, free stay in intercontinental overseas
Cons: difficulties to let you widen your knowledges in the hotel business
Very busy Reception work, though very little opportunities given to progress within the department.
Salary too low for the category of the hotel
Coworkers good
The hardest part of the job was when they put you in the night shift.
The most enjoyable at day time at the check in counter
Fun workplace with awesome people to work
Macro Reservation Agent (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTSeptember 3, 2013
Working at IHG was an amazing experience I learned a lot of the hotel industry defnitely is a place that I would like to go back to work if I needed.
Blowing Smoke
Reservation and Sales/ Tech Support (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: 40 hours a week.
Cons: ignoring human rights in foreign countries to expand portfolio.
Don't work here unless you are satisfied with your Operations Management being incapable of anything but pure hatred. The harder you try, the more likely they are going to realize you are either smarter than they are and fire you.

With the construction of the Lhasa, Tibet "resort" they have officially been repressing Tibetan's rights to a free state – more... by only offering jobs to the Chinese, ergo IHG has subsequently been helping China to rid their neighboring countries of anyone who does not embrace the Chinese regime. As Lhasa is the true home of the Dalai Lama, Buddhists (when not being murdered by the Chinese Military) have been actively protesting this endeavor. As a Buddhist myself, I found this to be indicative of the lack of religious indifference found at IHG and subsequently found myself on the other side of the door. – less
Love what I do .....but
Supervisor (Current Employee), Lawton, Ft Sill OklahomaAugust 28, 2013
Pros: paycheck, insurance
Cons: breaks, write ups, last min schedual changes
Started out a great place to work , to many Germans showing favoritism to African Americans ( blacks ) when having issues with house persons or housekeepers who can not clean or perform there job correctly and they keep making repeated mystakes upper management will do nothing ... The only time management will do anything is if the person does something – more... directly to them ... Than its automatic your fired ... When we perform our jobs IHG way it's the wrong way that upper management wants ... So it's very confusing .... Rooms are not cleaned properly ... Housekeepers are given a list each of 40 rooms each .... Always short staffed so us supervisors clean rooms as well and than get ragged on when we don't get our supervisor work done ...... The General Manager is awesome but I don't think she knows what's really going on with what her Assistant GM or her Head of housekeeping staff are doing to cause drama among workers ...." Do as I say not as I do "

Head of housekeeping ops manager is write up happy , never admit there wrong ... It's always the ones under them fault

To much drama , backstabbing , rumors and gossip

Never know when it's your last day there ... – less
Productive fast paced environment
Project & Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2013
A typical day at work is ever changing and always evolving. I learned to always be open to change. Management has an open door policy. Co-workers produce a harmonious environment for all to work collaboratively. The hardest part of the job is multitasking many projects simultaneously with parts and pieces ever changing. The most enjoyable part of the – more... job is knowing your team and coming together to complete the project thoroughly. – less
Beautiful Hotel
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great location.
Located in the Buckhead area, this hotel is very active with high end events and guest.
Banquet Setup Supervisor
Banquet Setup Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 20, 2013
As the banquet setup supervisor of the Inter-Continental Miami I am responsible of setups for meetings and events. I manage a team of houseman that setup the conference rooms. A banquet event order is issued to each houseman explaining the setups. A setup can be conferences, u-shapes, theaters, stages, etc.
Very friendly and safe environment to work in
Hotel Operator (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches, bonuses, holiday parties, great benefits
Cons: short breaks, not willing to change schedule as needed
All of the employees greeted one another with pleasant smiles and were not shy of conversation. Security did an amazing job of verifying everyone who entered the building. I love how the had holiday parties, bonuses, award ceremonies, and always listened to my concerns.
Business casual, fun environment that helps prepare for career
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 19, 2013
Pros: vacation days, benefits being a part time job, job security
I worked with multiple employees. Worked as a team to provide the best possible customer service to everyone that stepped into the hotel. Responsible for knowledge of all of the Milwaukee area. I learned how to provide the best customer service possible. I also learned how to sell our products and describe them so proficiently that many customers would – more... purchase it. The hotel brings in a lot of business from the theaters of Milwaukee so our business come in waves (ie. before and after shows). I need to provide the best service in a short time from when the restaurant opens to when the show starts. – less
Very good company to work for.
Resort - Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 13, 2013
Very good company to work for. Good benefits and good people. Annual reviews are very fair.
workplace
Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 31, 2013
 Working in payment process.
 Processing of invoices.
 Processing payments through IPM, ORACLE batches and other regular payments process.
 Responsibilities for vendor approval process and ensuring that the same is supported by all the relevant documents as required for audit & statutory compliances.
 Handing to EFT Rejection report and Bank Stop – more... payment.
 Providing training to New Joiners regarding invoice processing & payments and specilist. – less
a cool place to work.
Finance Analyst (Current Employee), GurgaonJuly 27, 2013
Pros: free lunch and dinner, good annual leave plan, two way cab
Cons: salary
There are many continuous days during my tenure when i have managed my work along with my colleague's works in there absence with full efficiency and accuracy.

Always be ready to be fit into others shoes.

Team players.

As i deals with payment so i need to be always aleart one small mistake can make millions of loss to the company.

To support and – more... get support when required – less
Great hotel in great location
Catering & Conference Sales Manager (Former Employee), New OrleansJuly 25, 2013
Pros: free lunch and great work balance
Selling to clients who are looking for a great event. The IC is a great hotel in a great location with wonderful hourly employees.
Great Hotel
In-House and Events Security Team Lead (Current Employee), Park Lane, LondonJuly 18, 2013
Pros: benefits, salary ...
Cons: as i am not working directly to the hotel i couldn't have access to the benefits...
Is a great place to work at, great environment, rewarding benefits..
Great folks to work with
QA/Test Engineering Mgr (CRO) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: hotel deals
Cons: prod instabitlty
Great folks to work with. The IT dept was run line a start up because of the small team structure. I would recommend any one work there.
Excellent work environment
Butler (Former Employee), Buenos Aires, ArgentinaJuly 9, 2013
Pros: do what i most like: be helpful
My job was Butler, meeting and greeting vip guests. I was In charge of the executive floor. ( 3 floors = 35 rooms).Puck and unpack luggage / amenities .General reservations / Check out / Check in /Cashier.
Over the years i still maintain very good relationship with them. I made many friends.
The hardest part was not knowing what was the schedule for – more... the rest of the week during the 3 years. – less
productive with the kitchen work
Senior Chef de Partie (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJuly 8, 2013
Pros: accommodation with single room, free food, free transportation
Cons: 9 hours duty
.typical day at work, typical cuisine italian,arabic,iranian,asian
.I learn how to improve my self n take lesson how to do in kitchen work
. good management
. very cooperative
. when the staff shor
. One team with the staff
dedicate to nothing but working here
Starbucks Trainer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2013
Its a very busy place and we see thousandths of people a day. Its long hours with not much time to have fun. Its a hard industry to work end for most people.
Needs management restructuring
Housekeeping Staff (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2013
There is no night laundry attendant and old linens still circulating. When the sheets had holes or stains or there were none in the linen closets, the housekeepers would have to stay sometimes 4 hours after their shift waiting for proper linens to put on the beds before we could leave. I worked 13 hours on an 8 hour shift on mother's day with no overtime. – more... This company needs to be restructured so things run smoothly. And to maybe listen to employees who have ideas to do so. – less
Great people to work for
Massage Therapist/Nail Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 27, 2013
As long as you love the people you work for it no longer is your job. It becomes your second home and that should tell all

About InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos