InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy an Upbeat
Intercontinental Suites Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 13, 2014
This hotel is based off of a hospital location. Mainly we are dealing with patients that are physically or mentally ill.
one great company and nice pay
Food Runner (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 7, 2014
always woke up looking forward to go to work because it was fun to be there everyday
Funworkplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 1, 2014
Pros: cabs, food, fun activities
Cons: nothing
It has been great experience working with IHG. I am really enjoing my work.
Productive & Fun workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJune 29, 2014
Pros: free meals & transport
Cons: na
Intercontinental Hotels Group is the largest hotels company in the world measured by number of rooms and has more than 4600 hotels around the world. IHG is primarily engaged in Franchised, Managed and Owned hotels business. IHG is the owner of 9 international hotel brands which includes – Intercontinental Hotels, Holiday Inn & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, – more... Holiday inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Stay bridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Haulex & Even Hotels. – less
nice place to work.
Sous chef (Current Employee), Lagos, GUJune 29, 2014
Pros: welfare package is good.
good place to work, staffs are constantly trained and updated with new development in the hotel.
poor management
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2014
Cons: no lunch breaks on weekends, unable to even go to the bathroom at times
No leadership at the property I worked at for 18 months. No security at this property many many safety hazards with guest using drugs, dealing drugs and inappropriate behavior.
Management would go home and leave the situation with desk clerks and night auditor's to deal with the unpleasantness.
productive place with biloiards table
F&B STEWARD (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJune 27, 2014
Pros: free food and accomodation
Cons: long hours
6 days per week
i learned about chemical
is good
is good
night shift
morning shift
it was a good work enviroment
waitress (Former Employee), lusaka,zambiaJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch and transport to and from work
Cons: no free time on weekends for personal affairs
it brought with it a mult- national work environment .A typical would start with arranging the setup for the work place .after the setup .would attend to Guests making them feel comfortable and report to the Food and Beverage supervisor ..

I leanrt team work , inter personal skills ,customer care ,.

Management Style was exceptional .

I got along – more... with most of the people i worked with and team playing ..

the hardest part of my Job was working long and odd shifts .

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new from different ethnic groups and hosting different seminars . – less
Great company that believes in advancing within
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: way too much administrative work. too many trainings and meetings
I love the advancement opportunities within this company. They allow you to manage your day and your time. The hardest part of this job is finding business in the marketplace. The most enjoyable is the people I get to work with.
IHG Crowne Plaza provides a great enviornment for learning hospitality and how to encourage a guest's success while supporting colleague development.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), KuwaitJune 18, 2014
Pros: colleague engagement; learning and development opportunities; teamwork enviornment
Cons: location and owning company interference as an inhibitor to the hotel reaching it's full potential
I had a very memorable experience with IHG and I would continue with them should the correct opportunity arise. I went into a deep dive into their service culture as i arrived in my position just prior to a Brand uplifting for the Crowne Plaza Brand. I enjoyed building teams and coaches throughout the organization to change our way of doing things to – more... become the #1 choice for hotel in Kuwait and become the number # employer and brand-choice for investors.

The most difficult aspect of my position was balancing the strategic requirements with the operational support required. We have 41 different nationalities and over 1200 colleagues and due to the organizational cultural changes required I handled much of the disciplinary actions myself as well as championing consistent performance management.

The most enjoyable aspect was investing in colleagues and management and seeing them become leaders and move up in the organization. A close second was participation in the operational council meetings with the GM, Director of Finance and Business Support, Director of Sales, and the EAM of Food and Beverage to plan strategy and have strategic discussions. – less
Order to Pay
Account Payable Analysts (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJune 17, 2014
Pros: meal and cab facilities
Cons: 8 hours
It is based on Email we received from different Hotels and we process ed it and Create Voucher for further Payment to our Vendor.
Very Professional Environment With a Skill at Appreciating Employees
Barista/Hostess/Banquet Server (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 15, 2014
Pros: quarterly employee luncheons, employee hotel discounts, great benefits, annual employee appreciation week
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the Intercontinental Hotel in Tampa, FL. I finally got to experience working at a place where I looked forward to coming in the next day. Although I always had a great time working, it was not for a lack of a professionalism. Everyone possessed a professional demeanor. However, they mastered the perfect balance of making – more... the staff feel like we were part of a family, while also demanding the respect that was necessary in the profession that is Hospitality. It is with a heavy heart that I am leaving this company, but with the experience and knowledge they have provided me with, I am confident in moving forward and finding a career that I will be rooted to. – less
Great job. Lots of different kinds of people. I learned alot from all kinds of people.
Customer Service/Call Center/Technical Support (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 9, 2014
Pros: my work was one that superviors would sample to train others with.
Cons: others were raised for not doing the samekind of work.
Great company, where I spent alot of time and learned from all kinds of people. From a customer service department to a call center lots of knowledge was available. I gained knowledge from techs and vendors. We grew to know eachother and have a good idea of what they could do to help with the department problems. Staff at front desk of the hotel would – more... call my department for help with procedures and knowledge of the software and what could be learned from the software. I learned how to use the intranet to fix software and hardware problems. Setup a program that told you how much could be made from different events or booking of rooms. My co-workers were always willing to assist with any additional problems. One of the hardest parts of the job at IGH was forcusing on quanity and not quality.One of the hartest parts of the job for me was having to depend on another department for assistance. I enjoyed talking to a wide varity of people from all over.I like when other co-workers and clients gave me complaments for my quality of work of results. I like that clients grew to know that my work was dependable and that I was/am a follow-thru type of person. There were often calls that requested me ONLY snf would not work with anyone else. – less
Prepare continental, Indian, Mexican and Italian dishes
Commi Chef in Hot (Former Employee), riyadh saudi arabiaJune 7, 2014
Pros: free food accomodation
Cons: long hours(12)
• Correctly and safely operated all kitchen equipment in accordance with set guidelines.
• Prepared for each shift by placing a clean cutting board and utensil bath at workstation.
• Prepares all mise en place in my production section for smooth operation.
• Followed proper food handling methods and maintained correct temperature of all food products.
Senior Front Desk Agent/Supervisor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
Caring great work environment, excellent property, great staff and managers. Job culture provided makes you want to create an amazing luxury hotel.
Brand Marketing and Partnerships Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2014
IHG is a great place to work. The company really cares about their employees and their personal development.
I love my work and knowledgeable of excellence
"Sun international" as senior supervisor (Former Employee), intercontinental as senior supervisorMay 31, 2014
Working with good management teams collaborating to help us progress, but my ambition is very strong and spirited progress and this the most important thing and the hardest thing I am thinking about leaving them and work with you...
I'm proud to work in ihg
Hardcore workplace
Quality Co-ordinator/Analyst Europe Region (Current Employee), Denham, ENGMay 29, 2014
Pros: on site free gym
Cons: long hours
A typical working environment. Good place to work with some really good benefits like free on site gym, discounted hotel rates. The management generally is good, but like every organisation there is no job security.
Great people, great culture to work in
Contracted Deployment Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2014
Pros: excellent hotel benefits
Cons: sometimes had nothing to do
I loved working at IHG. The people were the reason why you walk in with a smile. Never over-worked and sometimes not busy at all. Management wishes to outsource development work and are thus causing the mass exodus of very good talent.
good job
Brands, MACRO and IHG VOICE Representitive (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMay 22, 2014
Friendly, professional environment, awesome perks and swag.

About InterContinental Hotels Group

IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of nine hotel brands, including InterContinental® – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos