InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing Job
Supervisor/Trainer/Asst Front Office Mgr (Former Employee), Addison, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for advancement and amazing benefits, colleages and management are very supportive.
Every aspect of this job was exciting and eventful. Very fast-paced work environment.
Fast paced and yet well defined operating model
Program Manager (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: busy and not boring at all
Cons: young management can be superficially judgmental
In certain IT groups, they operate so smoothly- recurring code deployments every two weeks on a schedule. There is a lot going on because of that schedule... in order to get in on a certain release. The waterfall-based SDLC is fine tuned but they are trying to move to more agile methods where appropriate. Management can be clique-ish and judgmental-- – more... reminding you of who's popular or not in high school. However, I believe that group has been broken up some over the past couple years so it may be better now. – less
i was always play with customers
Inspector (Former Employee), CairoApril 2, 2014
Pros: a lot of tips
Cons: health insurance
my work day was always fun because the the work was with clients from different countries so we were learn different cultures every day. and i was some times responsible about the management in general so i was taking care of what makes customers feel more comfortable to be present permanently in our company which makes the work successful , This has – more... always been a collaboration with my colleagues – less
Good company but needs improvement with management.
front desk agent (Current Employee), fort polk, laMarch 27, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, and room for promotion.
Cons: hours change too much. lack of communication.
I love working for IHG so far it has been a great place to work. The biggest problem i have seen is management not being ready for their position. Also if an employee is not doing their job correctly it takes a lot for them to be fired even if it black and white that they are not doing their job.
Productive ,positive
Costumer service coordinator (Former Employee), Dubai Festival CityMarch 25, 2014
In this multinational company, I learned a lot of things and I build my personality with new skills ex: professional communication ,team work, time management ,coordinating with other department ,building relationships with all environments, attention to details .
fun workplace
Receiving/Office Supply Clerk (Former Employee), chicago ilMarch 24, 2014
Pros: loved the employees
Cons: laid of due to economy
Enjoyed the people & environment. Excellent room for advancement. Excellent benefits and pay.
no career progression
general (Former Employee), IpswichMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches and life balance for me and friendly staff.
Cons: the wages are not good for the job and no room for career progression
A good place to work but they is no room to grow.you will be stuck in one department.a lot of overtime offered
Great experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALMarch 20, 2014
Pros: associate discounts
Cons: work hours
One of my favorite places I have worked. I loved meeting new people especially those around the world.
Enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Cluster Revenue Manager (Current Employee), MaidenheadMarch 19, 2014
My role with IHG has been a very challenging and rewarding one. I have enhanced my revenue management skills and feel I have been able to significantly impact the performance of the hotels I have been responsible for.
STAY AWAY !!
Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management, poor pay
HUGE staff turnover, continuous hiring and firing, work is in a call center. New staff will work closing shift 2:30 PM - 11 PM and every weekend until you earn seniority or enough revenue to move to another shift, Have to bid on shifts very 3 months, no permanent shifts.You will sit for 8 hours in a cubicle staring at a computer. Will learn knowledge – more... of reservation aspect of hotel industry which is not the same as working at a hotel which causes constant problems. Managers focus on numbers and generated revenue only. Pay is poor for what job requires. – less
Productive and fun
Senior Account Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free meals and cab facility
Cons: long working hours
Overall experience with the Organisation is good. IHG provides a good working environment for its employees.
yearly family party
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 11, 2014
Pros: fun fast pace environment
Cons: ran out of cleaning supplies to often
Each year the company have family party where all employees invite their families to me all the co-workers
IHG
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 4, 2014
My experience here is what started my career in project management and my love for organization and leadership.

My day to day task were focused on my projects at any given time you could be leading a project and working on one for another manager.

THe company continued to support us with all types of gifts and events and professional training
not a good place to work
Markating Manager (Former Employee), Addis AbabaFebruary 21, 2014
first of all there is no job security its poorly managed and short staffed so you have too work twice as much work everyday for no compensation.
Encouraging and challening fun place to work
Customer and Process Support Associate (Former Employee), Aylesbury, ENGFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Dealing with calls and e-mails from corporate customers and financial controllers from all over the EMEA region. How to edit company intranet site, how to do pivot tables, How to draft a presentation and delivery the presentation on a new system that was being introduced. Liaising with counterparts in Australia and America.
good work hours, nice job culture and good chance to development
waitress (Former Employee), chengduFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good accommodation and job culture
Cons: management problem
1,I got the prize in end of the year,that is really made my day
2,I have learned a lot from this hotels.this job make me more good at work,and more stronger than before,I am handle all guest complaint by myself.i have to do all the goods inventory every morning all night , it was hard and tired for me,but i am enjoy learning in work.
3,it is a 5 stars – more... hotels,maybe because too much colleague they have,so still have some problem in management that they need to fix,
4,I have very friendly colleague,we always help each other..
5,sometimes i have to work form morning until night,that is really hard for me
6,I can learning many things in this job – less
it was a nice place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee), colombiaFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch, breakfast, dinner and snacks, really great place to work, free rides
Cons: short break.
most all of the employees were very friendly, we helped each other, great security, and nice complements and compensation a a good work.
Bella experience
Assistant Director F&B (Former Employee), ChinaFebruary 7, 2014
Open BBF every day at 6:00 Am, attend meeting and follow up the daily duty.

Five Winning Ways, Do the right thing, Show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate difference, Work better together .

(IHG) is an international hotel company whose goal is to create Great Hotels Guests Love. They have more guest rooms than any.

Working in china is great experience, – more... but need a patience and challenge to communicate with different culture.

Happy to share my experience and working better together. – less
love the managers
Food and Cocktail server (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay job
working for this company is just work very boring no motivation comniacation skill is very poor. Co worker don't like working as a team.
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Operations (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2014
I've been working at Intercontinental Hotel for 1,8 months. I love this place, and I enjoy every day working here. The management is very professional and helpful. My co-workers became my second family.
It's very busy Hotel and and I learn something new every single day.
My customer service skills have developed since I started working at Intercontinental. – more... Plus, I've learned OPERA PMS.
Now, with seven years of Hospitality experience, I'm looking for new opportunities and challenges in my life, and would love to take another step in my career.
Thank you! – less

About InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos