InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Handling guest
Captain (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01November 10, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: duty hours only
Its a 5 star property and providing all facilities to staff .
IHG is a great company to work and provided me new opportunities and challenges to excel in new positions during my 26 years of employment.
Senior Technical Consultant (Sr. Project Manager) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2013
Pros: great benefits and employee programs
Cons: stagnation once you are in middle management
IHG is a great company and rated as one of the top 5 companies to work for in Atlanta.
This company helps employees be competitive.
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee), PhilippinesOctober 31, 2013
Managers were hard working and gives constant feedback.
I learned being more patient and how to treat guest even if they are mad.
Best part of the job would be training and assisting my colleagues.
good place to work
Chef (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2013
Pros: can stay at different hotels for a reasonable price.
Cons: work long hours
room for advancement if you dedicate one self to work hard, the managers were helpful, they gave the staff the tools to do their work.
Revenue Managment
Corporate Marketing & Revenue Management (MT) (Former Employee), กรุงเทพ, 10October 20, 2013
The responsibility I had for next 2 months became to be handling the forecast of the holiday inn property - with great vulnerability to error and responsability, I learnt quicker and thorough decisions.
Way Of Life as a Room Attendant
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Jordan, MNOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free accomodation, house, meal
Everyday is an effect of yesterday.What have you done yesterday is what you can gain for the future.We start everyday with a briefing of what we had done yesterday,what we will do for today and our plans for next week after.A briefing usually conducted by a supervisor and followed by our manager for additional information coming from the meeting of – more... our manager with General manager.so everyday we are told who are the vVIP's and our project for today and the next week/s.Usually working environment with co-workers depends on how you deal with them.Sometimes its hard to deal with people with different culture but at the end of the day we use to help each other as we practice working better together.We share smiles about situations we should be down.Respect is the key for good connection with different nations. – less
Guests satisfaction
Operation Manager & Hotel Manager (Former Employee), Mukalla Holiday Inn, YemenOctober 17, 2013
Guests satisfaction, fire,life & saftey, drive for results
Work Experience at the Intercontinental
Barista (Former Employee), South AustraliaOctober 14, 2013
-Every day was different at the Intercontinental. i worked in the Laundry, House Keeping, Room Service, Bakery Kitchen, Restaurant Kitchen hand, Batista and Banquets.
-Through this experience i have learnt so many skills and had such a great time.
-i Learnt how to make coffee, shelling sea food, Making Pastries, Cleaning and Setting up conferences.
Database Marketing (Current Employee), BangaloreOctober 8, 2013
• Offered nearly 3+ years of progressive advancement in CRM industry, working as an Analyst in the current role and worked as a business analyst and web developer across Pharmaceutical, Travel and Hospitality domains.
Productive and energetic environment.
Senior Banquet Server (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2013
This is an excellent company to work. And they are extremely compromising to employees and customers.
Enjoy work during InterContinental Hotels project work years 1978 to 1982
Purchasing Consultant (Former Employee), DubaiSeptember 29, 2013
Since I doing the project work all days are typical and love to enjoy work.
I started as Secretary/Buyer but end with Central Purchasing Manager for the Middle East
Senior Project Manager America's Deployment (Former Employee), Atlanta GASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: great office
Cons: traffic was awful.
Great place to work. I worked there for 25 years opening hotels was the best part of the job.
DOSM
Director - Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), India - WestSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: not applicable
Cons: not applicable
 Successfully launched the 2nd Refreshing Holiday Inn brand in India
 Planned pre opening & post opening sales and marketing plan for the property
 Set up "Sales & Marketing" & "Revenue" department SOP for the Hotel, compliance with the IHG standard
 Responsible for Key Performance Indicators of Sales and Marketing with P&L responsibility
 Map – more... and analyze current and potential markets / trends, coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue adopting various strategies.
 Responsible for monitoring competitor activities and take necessary actions to displace any potential business
 Responsible for monitoring and tracking convention business through meeting brokers
 Responsible for tracking of inbound convention business of Associations & Affiliates
 Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures
 Map training needs of sales staff and ensure regular training programs are conducted.
 Handled a team of corporate sales/ Travel Trade/ Revenue/ Catering sales/ Marketing & Communication
 Planned out effective pricing matrix for OTA / GDS/ IHG - CRO
 Evaluated training needs for the team members and process.
 Execute RFP pricing and bidding to secure future business
 Plan out sales calling source market – India & Europe & South Asian Market
 Planed communication strategies in various ATL/ BTL Media & E-commerce
 Planed awards per year for the hotel as a part of positioning the market
 Planed and execute 3rd party tie-up promotion for higher penetration – less
Hospitality at its best & worst
Conference & Events Manager (Former Employee), East YorkshireSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: long hours, poor pay
An experience I would sooner forget. Plenty of scope to grow and advance with the company. Staff turnover was quite high at my specific location. The perks of the job are very good but work life balance with a young family in this job role is non existent.
active,productive,fun and easy to work with.
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: long hour
im fun ,easy to work with,polite and a fast learner..i love playing ball games .i learned a lot on my 2 years work at my previous job.
Company as a whole
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 20, 2013
Wonderful place to work. Interacted with peers, management and customers daily.
It was a productive and fun workplace
Software Developer/Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: easy to grow in the company and the employees willing to help you if you need help
Cons: most employees are contractor
InterContinental Hotels Group is a great company with great benefits. It has different department that handle different business needs and the employees and are friendly and easy to get along. There is always a way to get help if you need t.
Great company that cares about it's people
Manager, Performance Marketing Analytics (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2013
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with colleagues from different parts of the world.
Great hotel that you can gain with great experience as well.
Pool Bar- Bartender (Former Employee), Doha, DAWSeptember 7, 2013
im working 8 hours a day from 9am til 6pm 6 days a week. I've learned to deal with costumers gives them what they want exceed their expectations, i've also learned how to make drinks such as mocktails and coktails. I have a great collegues that will always help you whenever you needed help. The hardest part of my job is only the weather outside because – more... its very hot but i can still handle it. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you see the guest that they are very satisfied on your service and you will see them coming back just to see you. – less
ihg
Sn Chef De Partie (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTSeptember 7, 2013
best company to work with.
good working environment
good salary

About InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos