InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Communication and assist guests with all question and reasonable request
Housekeeping and Banquets Attendant (Current Employee), sydneyApril 22, 2014
Set up and organize boardroom, conferences and wedding reception under request from manager
Serve drinks , snacks and foods to the guests.
Banquet servers have a variety of duties to ensure that banquets run smoothly.
cricket and marketing
sales executive or computer department (Current Employee), new DelhiApril 21, 2014
Pros: it is good facility for employee to get a free something
Cons: i can do the work in a long hour but the some time not everyday
my point of view this is a good track to make a good future in ur company. good facility provide by company I m looking for this type of job hopefully I will do the best in your organization.
good workplace
Reservations Sales Agent (Current Employee), Makati City, PhilippinesApril 18, 2014
i learn how to be more expert when it comes to customer service by dealing with different types, nationality of people
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Customer Care Case Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston SCApril 11, 2014
Pros: hotel room discounts for travel
Cons: n/a
Took calls as a first contact for the guest with great or poor hotel experience to bring them a step closer to the IHG brand hotel
Was the first job I was able to work at and learned majority of my Customer Service from.
Foxtrot Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 9, 2014
Pros: great learning experience.
Cons: wasn't at the best time in my point and life at that time.
Handled calls for both leisure and business travelers to accommodate their trip.
It was my first time ever working in a hotel room. I learned how to clean rooms, and make beds.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2014
Pros: seniority, good people
Cons: no room advancement, minimal pay
A typical work day at this hotel was when you have a lot of check outs and they leave the rooms a mess that are beyond the call of duty. I've cleaned rooms where they left beer bottles, pizza boxes, and the bathroom was so bad "it's like, How could they do this to us? Besides the gross-out factor of cleaning up a room in such a state of disarray, it – more... takes so much longer to finish, making it even more difficult for housekeepers to meet their daily room quotas.

What I learned about being a room attendant is how to clean, you can get better at time management, and you can earn more responsibility.

The management of housekeeping operations entails scheduling staff, deliveries, services and maintenance, budget analysis, cost-controls and compliance with regulations. A well- run housekeeping department is integral to the success of any lodging operation.

As a co-worker we share certain gratis housekeeping responsibilities with everyone else. Our duties might be extensive or minimal depending on whether your boss employs an after hours cleaning crew, but either way, they can be summarized in four words: Clean Up Behind Yourself.

The hardest part of your job as a housekeeper may not be the cleaning. If you and your guest speak different languages, miscommunication can be a problem. Be upfront about your English ability from the beginning. Ask your guest to speak slowly if you don't understand the instructions. It also is a good idea to give the guest a check list of things that need to be done. Leave extra space for specific instructions and details. You may want to personalize your checklist for each guest.

The most enjoyable part of being a housekeeper is communicating with my co-workers because they also help me do my job better, they guide and push me too keep doing a good job. – less
IHG Hotels is the best hotel group to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: great company, great support & high standards
Cons: hours of the industry
Moving from one property to the next is challenging, yet rewarding. Either starting the hotel from a cement slab to being in the top 3% in North America, or taking over a hotel that is not doing well and progressing to the top 6% in North America.

The hardest part of the job is being on call 24/7 for the past ten years. It's the nature of the industry – more... and that position. – less
Amazing Job
Supervisor/Trainer/Asst Front Office Mgr (Former Employee), Addison, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for advancement and amazing benefits, colleages and management are very supportive.
Every aspect of this job was exciting and eventful. Very fast-paced work environment.
Fast paced and yet well defined operating model
Program Manager (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAApril 2, 2014
Pros: busy and not boring at all
Cons: young management can be superficially judgmental
In certain IT groups, they operate so smoothly- recurring code deployments every two weeks on a schedule. There is a lot going on because of that schedule... in order to get in on a certain release. The waterfall-based SDLC is fine tuned but they are trying to move to more agile methods where appropriate. Management can be clique-ish and judgmental-- – more... reminding you of who's popular or not in high school. However, I believe that group has been broken up some over the past couple years so it may be better now. – less
i was always play with customers
Inspector (Former Employee), CairoApril 2, 2014
Pros: a lot of tips
Cons: health insurance
my work day was always fun because the the work was with clients from different countries so we were learn different cultures every day. and i was some times responsible about the management in general so i was taking care of what makes customers feel more comfortable to be present permanently in our company which makes the work successful , This has – more... always been a collaboration with my colleagues – less
Good company but needs improvement with management.
front desk agent (Current Employee), fort polk, laMarch 27, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, and room for promotion.
Cons: hours change too much. lack of communication.
I love working for IHG so far it has been a great place to work. The biggest problem i have seen is management not being ready for their position. Also if an employee is not doing their job correctly it takes a lot for them to be fired even if it black and white that they are not doing their job.
Productive ,positive
Costumer service coordinator (Former Employee), Dubai Festival CityMarch 25, 2014
In this multinational company, I learned a lot of things and I build my personality with new skills ex: professional communication ,team work, time management ,coordinating with other department ,building relationships with all environments, attention to details .
fun workplace
Receiving/Office Supply Clerk (Former Employee), chicago ilMarch 24, 2014
Pros: loved the employees
Cons: laid of due to economy
Enjoyed the people & environment. Excellent room for advancement. Excellent benefits and pay.
no career progression
general (Former Employee), IpswichMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches and life balance for me and friendly staff.
Cons: the wages are not good for the job and no room for career progression
A good place to work but they is no room to grow.you will be stuck in one department.a lot of overtime offered
Great experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALMarch 20, 2014
Pros: associate discounts
Cons: work hours
One of my favorite places I have worked. I loved meeting new people especially those around the world.
Enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Cluster Revenue Manager (Current Employee), MaidenheadMarch 19, 2014
My role with IHG has been a very challenging and rewarding one. I have enhanced my revenue management skills and feel I have been able to significantly impact the performance of the hotels I have been responsible for.
STAY AWAY !!
Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management, poor pay
HUGE staff turnover, continuous hiring and firing, work is in a call center. New staff will work closing shift 2:30 PM - 11 PM and every weekend until you earn seniority or enough revenue to move to another shift, Have to bid on shifts very 3 months, no permanent shifts.You will sit for 8 hours in a cubicle staring at a computer. Will learn knowledge – more... of reservation aspect of hotel industry which is not the same as working at a hotel which causes constant problems. Managers focus on numbers and generated revenue only. Pay is poor for what job requires. – less
Productive and fun
Senior Account Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free meals and cab facility
Cons: long working hours
Overall experience with the Organisation is good. IHG provides a good working environment for its employees.
yearly family party
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 11, 2014
Pros: fun fast pace environment
Cons: ran out of cleaning supplies to often
Each year the company have family party where all employees invite their families to me all the co-workers
IHG
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 4, 2014
My experience here is what started my career in project management and my love for organization and leadership.

My day to day task were focused on my projects at any given time you could be leading a project and working on one for another manager.

THe company continued to support us with all types of gifts and events and professional training

About InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos