InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Rucker, ALMarch 20, 2014
Pros: associate discounts
Cons: work hours
One of my favorite places I have worked. I loved meeting new people especially those around the world.
Enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Cluster Revenue Manager (Current Employee), MaidenheadMarch 19, 2014
My role with IHG has been a very challenging and rewarding one. I have enhanced my revenue management skills and feel I have been able to significantly impact the performance of the hotels I have been responsible for.
STAY AWAY !!
Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management, poor pay
HUGE staff turnover, continuous hiring and firing, work is in a call center. New staff will work closing shift 2:30 PM - 11 PM and every weekend until you earn seniority or enough revenue to move to another shift, Have to bid on shifts very 3 months, no permanent shifts.You will sit for 8 hours in a cubicle staring at a computer. Will learn knowledge – more... of reservation aspect of hotel industry which is not the same as working at a hotel which causes constant problems. Managers focus on numbers and generated revenue only. Pay is poor for what job requires. – less
Productive and fun
Senior Account Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free meals and cab facility
Cons: long working hours
Overall experience with the Organisation is good. IHG provides a good working environment for its employees.
yearly family party
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 11, 2014
Pros: fun fast pace environment
Cons: ran out of cleaning supplies to often
Each year the company have family party where all employees invite their families to me all the co-workers
IHG
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 4, 2014
My experience here is what started my career in project management and my love for organization and leadership.

My day to day task were focused on my projects at any given time you could be leading a project and working on one for another manager.

THe company continued to support us with all types of gifts and events and professional training
not a good place to work
Markating Manager (Former Employee), Addis AbabaFebruary 21, 2014
first of all there is no job security its poorly managed and short staffed so you have too work twice as much work everyday for no compensation.
Encouraging and challening fun place to work
Customer and Process Support Associate (Former Employee), Aylesbury, ENGFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Dealing with calls and e-mails from corporate customers and financial controllers from all over the EMEA region. How to edit company intranet site, how to do pivot tables, How to draft a presentation and delivery the presentation on a new system that was being introduced. Liaising with counterparts in Australia and America.
good work hours, nice job culture and good chance to development
waitress (Former Employee), chengduFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good accommodation and job culture
Cons: management problem
1,I got the prize in end of the year,that is really made my day
2,I have learned a lot from this hotels.this job make me more good at work,and more stronger than before,I am handle all guest complaint by myself.i have to do all the goods inventory every morning all night , it was hard and tired for me,but i am enjoy learning in work.
3,it is a 5 stars – more... hotels,maybe because too much colleague they have,so still have some problem in management that they need to fix,
4,I have very friendly colleague,we always help each other..
5,sometimes i have to work form morning until night,that is really hard for me
6,I can learning many things in this job – less
it was a nice place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee), colombiaFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch, breakfast, dinner and snacks, really great place to work, free rides
Cons: short break.
most all of the employees were very friendly, we helped each other, great security, and nice complements and compensation a a good work.
love the managers
Food and Cocktail server (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay job
working for this company is just work very boring no motivation comniacation skill is very poor. Co worker don't like working as a team.
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Operations (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2014
I've been working at Intercontinental Hotel for 1,8 months. I love this place, and I enjoy every day working here. The management is very professional and helpful. My co-workers became my second family.
It's very busy Hotel and and I learn something new every single day.
My customer service skills have developed since I started working at Intercontinental. – more... Plus, I've learned OPERA PMS.
Now, with seven years of Hospitality experience, I'm looking for new opportunities and challenges in my life, and would love to take another step in my career.
Thank you! – less
Fun and productive place to work
Travel Coordinator (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: hotel visit's
As my position as a travel coordinator I assisted guest on how to plan their vacation, and also what hotel would be the right fit for them. This is not the only part of my job, but the beginning. IHG is where I built my strong work ethic, learn to celebrate and embrace difference, improved my communication skills, and to adapt to change. My co-workers – more... were like my family and we work together and supported each other, I loved our family day's and how we gave back to the community. – less
AVERAGE
GIFT SHOP ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Doral, FLJanuary 23, 2014
GOOD FOR STUDENTS. GOOD FOR SEASONAL.VERY SOCIAL ATMOSPHERE
very nice work environment
Bartender (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 21, 2014
great restaurant with great people working there. the management team has since changed from when I stopped working there but they always made it an enjoyable place to work.
Nice co workers hours not so good
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 21, 2014
The people were easy to work with and I loved the interactions with customers.
productive and fun work place
Housekeeper / Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
My typical day start off very busy some time it all depends on the occupacy of the hotel.I learned how to clean real good,and the management,coworkers was great to work with we had great communication among eachother.The hardest part of my job was to keep the guest very satified becuase you got very picky guest.The fun part of mi job was working and – more... meeting diffrent nationality. – less
IHG is a great professional place to work with the best people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2014
I loved working at IHG and learned alot about working as a team and with a team.
Productive and Active Environment
Runner for Housekeeping (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: unable to negotiate schedules
The most enjoyable part of my work routine was just knowing I was doing good. I knew I made people happy and comfortable around me. People would look for me to specifically take on certain tasks. I absolutely loved feeling dependable.
Change of career needed
Receptionist (Current Employee), Milton KeynesJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: knowing the customers
Cons: hours, pay, management
I have worked for the company for nearly 6 years and there is no room for progression, I would also like to move away from the hospitality industry and try something knew.

About InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos