InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company that believes in advancing within
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: way too much administrative work. too many trainings and meetings
I love the advancement opportunities within this company. They allow you to manage your day and your time. The hardest part of this job is finding business in the marketplace. The most enjoyable is the people I get to work with.
IHG Crowne Plaza provides a great enviornment for learning hospitality and how to encourage a guest's success while supporting colleague development.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), KuwaitJune 18, 2014
Pros: colleague engagement; learning and development opportunities; teamwork enviornment
Cons: location and owning company interference as an inhibitor to the hotel reaching it's full potential
I had a very memorable experience with IHG and I would continue with them should the correct opportunity arise. I went into a deep dive into their service culture as i arrived in my position just prior to a Brand uplifting for the Crowne Plaza Brand. I enjoyed building teams and coaches throughout the organization to change our way of doing things to – more... become the #1 choice for hotel in Kuwait and become the number # employer and brand-choice for investors.

The most difficult aspect of my position was balancing the strategic requirements with the operational support required. We have 41 different nationalities and over 1200 colleagues and due to the organizational cultural changes required I handled much of the disciplinary actions myself as well as championing consistent performance management.

The most enjoyable aspect was investing in colleagues and management and seeing them become leaders and move up in the organization. A close second was participation in the operational council meetings with the GM, Director of Finance and Business Support, Director of Sales, and the EAM of Food and Beverage to plan strategy and have strategic discussions. – less
Order to Pay
Account Payable Analysts (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJune 17, 2014
Pros: meal and cab facilities
Cons: 8 hours
It is based on Email we received from different Hotels and we process ed it and Create Voucher for further Payment to our Vendor.
Very Professional Environment With a Skill at Appreciating Employees
Barista/Hostess/Banquet Server (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 15, 2014
Pros: quarterly employee luncheons, employee hotel discounts, great benefits, annual employee appreciation week
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the Intercontinental Hotel in Tampa, FL. I finally got to experience working at a place where I looked forward to coming in the next day. Although I always had a great time working, it was not for a lack of a professionalism. Everyone possessed a professional demeanor. However, they mastered the perfect balance of making – more... the staff feel like we were part of a family, while also demanding the respect that was necessary in the profession that is Hospitality. It is with a heavy heart that I am leaving this company, but with the experience and knowledge they have provided me with, I am confident in moving forward and finding a career that I will be rooted to. – less
Great job. Lots of different kinds of people. I learned alot from all kinds of people.
Customer Service/Call Center/Technical Support (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 9, 2014
Pros: my work was one that superviors would sample to train others with.
Cons: others were raised for not doing the samekind of work.
Great company, where I spent alot of time and learned from all kinds of people. From a customer service department to a call center lots of knowledge was available. I gained knowledge from techs and vendors. We grew to know eachother and have a good idea of what they could do to help with the department problems. Staff at front desk of the hotel would – more... call my department for help with procedures and knowledge of the software and what could be learned from the software. I learned how to use the intranet to fix software and hardware problems. Setup a program that told you how much could be made from different events or booking of rooms. My co-workers were always willing to assist with any additional problems. One of the hardest parts of the job at IGH was forcusing on quanity and not quality.One of the hartest parts of the job for me was having to depend on another department for assistance. I enjoyed talking to a wide varity of people from all over.I like when other co-workers and clients gave me complaments for my quality of work of results. I like that clients grew to know that my work was dependable and that I was/am a follow-thru type of person. There were often calls that requested me ONLY snf would not work with anyone else. – less
Senior Front Desk Agent/Supervisor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
Caring great work environment, excellent property, great staff and managers. Job culture provided makes you want to create an amazing luxury hotel.
Brand Marketing and Partnerships Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2014
IHG is a great place to work. The company really cares about their employees and their personal development.
I love my work and knowledgeable of excellence
"Sun international" as senior supervisor (Former Employee), intercontinental as senior supervisorMay 31, 2014
Working with good management teams collaborating to help us progress, but my ambition is very strong and spirited progress and this the most important thing and the hardest thing I am thinking about leaving them and work with you...
I'm proud to work in ihg
Hardcore workplace
Quality Co-ordinator/Analyst Europe Region (Current Employee), Denham, ENGMay 29, 2014
Pros: on site free gym
Cons: long hours
A typical working environment. Good place to work with some really good benefits like free on site gym, discounted hotel rates. The management generally is good, but like every organisation there is no job security.
Great people, great culture to work in
Contracted Deployment Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2014
Pros: excellent hotel benefits
Cons: sometimes had nothing to do
I loved working at IHG. The people were the reason why you walk in with a smile. Never over-worked and sometimes not busy at all. Management wishes to outsource development work and are thus causing the mass exodus of very good talent.
good job
Brands, MACRO and IHG VOICE Representitive (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMay 22, 2014
Friendly, professional environment, awesome perks and swag.
IHG
Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 17, 2014
Pros: benifits are good
Cons: becomes a routine
I have gained a lot of knowledge from working with this company, I like the structure and how employees are reviewed for their work and given chances to develop. The hardest part was when they made changes on the structure of management. I enjoyed manager outings.
Housekeeping
House Keeper (Former Employee), Kansas CityMay 13, 2014
Followed detailed worksheet for each cabin cleaning. Completes inventory of cabin contents on form provided. Provides information on any missing items to the manager. Daily maintenance of hot tubs. Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them. Change bedding and make beds as directed. Stock cabin food supplies (coffee, – more... tea, sugar, etc.) as needed. – less
IT is a place to work
Demi chef de party (Current Employee), LagosMay 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 1hour break. medical: yes
It nice place to work, but need abroad jobs, they are review as 5star hotel, one of the best HOTEL in world, they are the biggest in Africa here.
Guest Service
Front Office Supervisor-Night Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 9, 2014
My day would start by reviewing all incoming reservation, with my staff and give them a briefing on who are top VIP are and their time of arrival. The best of my job is that I would meet new people and share experiences and stories and get to know them better so We can better service their needs.
Best Foundation an organisation can offer
Manager, Brand Marketing (Former Employee), BugisMay 9, 2014
Pros: everyone is respectful of every indivitual
Cons: none for now
Joining IHG was the Prep School experience any junior executive can get. You learn the hierarchy of the corporate work and everyone is allowed the space to grow.
Company environment changed after moving from Windsor to Denham bringing in two rounds of redundancies
PA/ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Windsor then DenhamMay 7, 2014
Pros: good catering facilities for staff. close to home.
Cons: complicated travel arrangments which could change or be cancelled at last minute
Prioritising work for Present, Vice President & Team, arranging travel & accommodation, responding to all correspondence.
Am adaptable and flexible
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Doha, QATARMay 7, 2014
we had a big event with shortage of manpower but we managed the way we could ad all ended well,what i learned from that day its that before any event starts its good to cordinate with sales team and know the weight of the event to avoid over working of the staff by deploying enough manpower.About management its depends with honesty and diversity of – more... management but where i worked management was fine though challenges must be there.My co-workers were very coperative and that made us work better together we worked as a team.The hardest part of the job was when we hard a water leakage and we hard to stop all lift machines and convince the guests to wait for a while.I felt motivated when one of the guest recognised my job by informing my manager about how i usually conducted my duties and resposbilities,that day i realy enjoyed my job for being recognised. – less
Well established company with great Benefits.
Maintenance Representative (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOApril 30, 2014
company has great plans for the future but no structure towards getting there. Pay was comparable to jobs of its type in the area and the benefits package was excellent.
The place is an old converted warehouse that they can not keep warm or cold, use to have ping pong table and shuffle board no more though
Reservation Agent (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 23, 2014
Cons: free lunches sometimes but are left out from 10am to midnight, if you miss a schedule break and take it you are out compliance
Guest calling to make reservations worldwide

How to make reservations and interact with guest to get best value for hotel and guest.

Management used to be good, but in the last year it has been all about more profit for the company and the reservation agent commissions have been cut drastically.

Most of my friends and co-workers have quit in the – more... last year because of the pay rate structure and commissions, which have been drastically lowered and also the added requirement for selling for our partners. The requirements now are we have 4 minutes to sell the hotel, room type, gather guest information, also fill out forms why guest did not book, and last but not least, we have to sell for 3 different partners (and if don't sell a certain percentage you will be fired). If a guest has questions your first reaction is "Oh No" their goes my time, because if it is over 4 minutes agents have been fired. It used to be only making room reservations and the commissions were a lot higher.

The stress of being fired. staying within the 4 minute limit and selling for partners. It used to be that we were giving the best value to the guest, which kept them coming back and ultimately made money for the hotels. On several occasions I've been told guest are "stupid and don't know anything" quote unquote.

My job is not enjoyable anymore, I used to love the interaction that I had with my guest, while taking their reservations, but now I can't interact with them or I can be fired. – less

About InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos