InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Floor Porter (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 12, 2014
This place was my first job. I learned the Job Culture here. They show me what is the teamwork
DO NOT WORK AT THE HOLIDAY INN MISSION VALLEY
N/A (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: not one positive thing to say
Cons: horrible senior management, cutthroat environment
IT IS A NIGHTMARE...RUN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

TURN OVER RATE IS HORRIBLE, THE COMPANY IS BANKRUPT LIKE THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE
Endless learning of new tasks
waitress (Former Employee), JPCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: transportation fee was supported by the company.
Cons: no mistakes were allowed, so many of my colleges left due to the strict management style.
My day at work always started with preparing to open the restaurant. After cleaning up all the tables and the floor, put the glasses, forks, knives and then spoons on each table. Once the shop opened, I would be standing near by the customers pouring drinks into the glasses, taking the plates away, checking out the bills and so on.
Productive Workplace
Guest Relations (Current Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free accommodation, transportation and meals
Cons: long hours
Good experience,with opportunities to meet travelers and co-workers from all over the world.
Great team effort.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: very old faciltiy.
I enjoyed the on the job training in different facets of building maintenance.
productive and fun
Customer care oriented (Former Employee), KenyaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: job moltivation within the staffs
Cons: long hours were the best
> my days were best like never before
> I learned that we have to work together for quality work.
> the bond between the management and the operation was the best.
> the hardest part of the job was going home knowing that your best moments were working days.
> the best part of the job was the way we worked together.
Fun and professional workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2014
I loved working with IHG ! I gained tons of experience . The management is very friendly and flexible. There is a lot of room to grow and advance working for IHG . The hardest part of the job is dealing with cranky guests. The most enjoyable art of the job is the job its self. and making new friends .
leraning new stuff with colleague
electrician (Current Employee), dubai festival citySeptember 24, 2014
I'm currently working in Al Badia Golf club witch part of Intercontinental Hotel .. the place make you refresh by Greenery, and i learn how to play golf part of my job with professional colleague .and place have freedom to work and analyze with very supportive management team. we will follow day to day task including ppm work in all area to keep Al – more... Badia Golf Club to make memorable place to our Voluble Professional Golfers and Beginners ..working in Al Badia Golf Club is very challenging and is make me think out of box archive best. – less
exultant
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee), DubaiSeptember 24, 2014
Cons: full time
I have a good communication with a lot of companionship &I have good ex prince in in bound and outbound
Nice place to work.
Cook (Former Employee), Balaclava. MauritiusSeptember 16, 2014
Working at InterContinental helped me develop my cooking skill. It also helped me to understand that I am a people person.
nice work palace
WORK AS DEMI CHEF (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZSeptember 15, 2014
everything was good there i enjoy my work there have a fun. My chef also helping for everything when kitchen are busy
so luxurious and up to standard
Security and loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Dubai, Dubai festival citySeptember 13, 2014
Pros: very fast transport plan
Cons: long hours and being an external staff
the place was so wonderful,caring associates,good management and very nice meals
Two Directors to report to with different ideas on how things should be done
SENIOR CONVENTION AND CATERING MANAGER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: lunch offered for $1.50 a day. gm was excellent and very good for the hotel.
Cons: the above mentioned in review.
As mentioned reported to two Directors who both had different ways of doing task. Very "I'm In charge" attitude. Always different ways of doing things. If I asked one how to do something, I would follow that advice and be chastised by the other for doing it wrong. Very much a power struggle. The rest of the team were great to work with.
Flexible and free working environment
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), KathmanduSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Intercontentinental Systems follows independent task oriented culture. There was opportunity to go oversees for customer support. Bonus and incentives were frequently shared.
Went through several Organizational and management changes
IT Project Manager/Scrum Master (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2014
The transition to Agile Scrum was a great, yet challenging experience. Agile is the best methodology for a system maintenance group.
Very nice place to work
Full Time Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: comfortable working environment
Cons: travelling distance to work
A typical day at work , catering to the needs of customers. I learned patience, courtesy and how to deal with the different personalities I encounter everyday. Management was very supportive. My co-workers were also supportive and were all team players. The hardest part of my job was telling a customer we have no rooms available. The most enjoyable – more... part was the interaction with satisfied customers. – less
IHG is a great company to work for
MANAGER, BRAND MARKETING (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2014
This is a great company to work for. Plenty of room to grow, shift careers, etc. There are many "life-ers" at IHG, and it's very easy to see why someone would stay 25+ years. I think the best part about the company is its people. There is a wonderful resource pool within the building, of people who genuinely care about the business.
Intense with emerging technologies
(Consultant) (Current Employee), atlanta, gaAugust 23, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: very routine no frills environment
My typical workday includes creating and modifying documentation, developing test cases, and testing
it was very good
Work as Receptionist (Former Employee), kabul afghanistanAugust 14, 2014
I was working hard and every one was happy about me, It was enjoyment
Challenging and Rewarding Company to Work for.
Deputy General Manager (Current Employee), Warwick, ENGAugust 11, 2014
Pros: meeting people, developing skills, challenging
Cons: long hours sometimes, never enough time!!
A typical day at work for me, is firstly helping my team serve breakfast in the morning, conversing and hosting the guests and creating a great atmosphere for my guests to start the day.
Then dealing with check outs and payments on the front desk ,dealing with any issues or complaints a guest may have. I coach and motivate my team and lead by example.
I – more... have a huge range of other jobs and tasks I do, admin related, reservation related, management related but each day is different at the hotel and offers a fresh new exciting challenge to overcome, and this is too small a space to really explain in detail what the job role consists of.

The main thing to remember is its all about the guests and great customer service!! – less

About InterContinental Hotels Group

IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of nine hotel brands, including InterContinental® – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos