InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Job security and advancement
Bilingual Middle East Account Manager (Current Employee), birminghamDecember 9, 2014
Working at IHG is a totally new experience as it expanded my skills in being bilingual. this made me build report in a better way with different cultures and backgrounds. i learnt a lot from the customers mainly as the culture and backgrounds were very different to our daily customer here in UK. this made my approach to my daily job different.
i really enjoyed having a personal relationship with our customers. as i was the person in charge of their accounts it was more personal.
Server (Former Employee), The JeepneyDecember 8, 2014
Situated in the city’s entertainment district, this Manila hotel is a place to see and be seen. A landmark hotel with award-winning restaurants and celebrity-packed bars, the 332 guestrooms and suites ensure your every comfort. The top floor Club Lounge offers a breathtaking view over the urban cityscapes, whilst the gardens and pool provide a tropical oasis in the heart of the city. For leisure time, visit nearby Ayala Museum, the island fortress of Corregidor or the walled city of Intramuros.
Managers were awesome
Concierge (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2014
Very fun place to work. The benefits and discounts were great. Great opportunity for advancement.
Pros & Cons...
Rooms Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2014
Pros: incentive programs in place to make more money, benefits through ihg rewards program
Cons: parking fees, horrible life/work balance, schedule requests hardly honored.
Being a room's specialist at InterContinental Buckhead basically means you are forced to make managerial decisions on behalf of a guest, but there's hardly any support from the actual managers, despite the decisions made being most beneficial to the guest.
The most enjoyable part of it is meeting a lot of VIP clients (athletes, actors, singers, political figures, etc.)
it was fun working there
Restaurant Server (Former Employee), Times Square, NYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: yes free lunch
Cons: 30 minute break
mise place , greet costumer , introduce product, take order and serve.
learned french and american cuisine and signature cocktails.
wonderful co-workers
hardest part when we need help there was no manager.
lot of regular costumer like family.
Hotel Intercontinental is a good place to work
SERVER/EVENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Los Angeles CaliforniaDecember 4, 2014
I enjoyed working at this hotel . It was long time ago but I was very happy with the way the business was conducted. It was a very hard on my feet to be up for 9 hours but i really made good money and lots of real friends there
guest experience
Hostess in Food & Beverage Departm ent (Former Employee), MauritiusDecember 4, 2014
Well first of all as a hostess i should be motivated and very pro-active to take care of my guest and able to handle pressure during busy times and work as a team at the end to make the guest feel happy and have a good service.
Great people, nice environment
Team Manager Middle East Reservations (Current Employee), Dudley, West MidlandsDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: flexibility is a must
IHG provide great benefits and good learning opportunities. Given the scale of the organisation there is good scope for progression. The environment is fast paced but enjoyable, with some really great people.
great place to work room to grow in the company and great benefits
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 26, 2014
Pros: i had great benitfits paid vacations and pto
Cons: i had to work by myself all the time short breaks and no free lunch
A typical day at work for me was cleaning all public area bathrooms, high dusting all public area space taking the trash out for all departments in side the hotel. What I learned from working at the hotel was paying great attention to detail and learning how to multitask. Working there was great because I had great management team who looked out for my best entrance at heart, I also love all my coworkers they was like family to me. the hardest part of my job was having to work alone, it was hard because public area consisted of 3 floors with 4 bathrooms on each and at least 5 stalls in each bathroom plus the club lounge witch had it own bathroom and a lot of tables because they served food there also. not to mention dusting, mopping, and cleaning the elevators through out the entire hotel. the most enjoyable part was my great benefits I had paid vacations pot and paid birthdays I enjoyed that part the most.
Reservation Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Nariman Point, MumbaiNovember 21, 2014
My work profile was to handle reservations.

Co-workers were very supportive.
unifying corporate culture
Director (Current Employee), Denham, ENGNovember 20, 2014
good culture, great people, at times felt middle management underqualified. Clear on business objectives and vision of the company which is well communicated.
training is most ...
Commis Chef (Current Employee), abu dhabiNovember 19, 2014
Pros: have everything
Cons: 9
Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
Being attentive to guests
Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest’s requests.
Anticipate Guest’s needs
Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the guest experience
Demonstrating a genuine attitude.
Taking appropriate action to resole guest complaints
nice place to work
waiter/porter (Current Employee), londonNovember 18, 2014
it was fun everyone was nice and friendly managment helped out a lot and are really funny all memebers of staff are nice and helpful
its not bad its an alright place to work.
receptionist (Current Employee), Park lane londonNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours and short breaks.
its not bad its an alright place to work.
good and friendly environment
Productive when at work. During breaks log into internet for fb or check emails and also watching TV program mes.
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Fiji IslandNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free transport, free meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Have learnt alot and not only from the F&B Department but from other Department as well.
Managers are very helpful and a good teamwork from them.
The most enjoyable part of the job when Hotels are full with guest and guest are happy with the quality of service that are being provided.
Productive and forward looking
Internship (Former Employee), NairobiNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Large group with good training for staff.
A variety of exposure for me in the accounts department.
Reservation sales specialist (Current Employee), Brierley Hill, ENGNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Enjoyable job, staff are great, customers very friendly! would recommend!
Enjoying very much within the team. Very helpful environment around the team. having team build activities every quarter where all of us perticepating
Senior Safety & Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: as always i eager to complete my task before leave for the day.
During minor occupancy. learning about Risk management. Very helpful. proactive environment around all of us. Lost and Found items if not found and the guest insisting and claim for liabilities. during the busy operation and high occupancy in the hotel.
Productive and interesting sales strategy plan
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee), MarseilleOctober 29, 2014
A new opening is a very unique experience during your career, especially when InterContinental Marseille will become the leader vs the competitive set. As a new 5 star property, the sales & marketing action plan started from the scratch and was very ambitious to become the best hotel in the region and to reach the sales goals.
As an experienced Sales Manager I have developed strong skills to drive and to win new business. My knowledge of international markets and my ability to build strong relationships with collaborators and clients will help to achieve revenue and profits goals.
A new 5-star hotel opened in April 2013 (the biggest and luxurious hotel in Marseille)
Key Responsibilities:
· Establish a clear sales & marketing action plan
· Manage and develop selected Key Accounts for the hotel ( MICE, Corporate & Leisure)
· Develop assigned markets ( French, UK & Benelux) by clear and measurable objectives
· Plan and execute sales trips and residential Fam Trip
· Produce monthly sales reports, forecasts and market intelligence reports
Very good company to work for
Director of Outlets (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 24, 2014
Lot of experience, very professional executives team, friendly envirement

About InterContinental Hotels Group

IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of nine hotel brands, including InterContinental® – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos