InterContinental Hotels Group

Good.
Learn many new skill.
Friendly Enviroment.
Long work hour.
hard labor, great people.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 4, 2014
moving furniture, tearing out old carpet material and laying new flooring(carpet, tile, hardwood). I learned self-management skills, trade, and budgeting. Management was great and easy-going. hardest part of the job and the strain on your knees and rarely some customers. most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the product from start to finish and – more... customers loving your work. – less
Good place to work.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2014
Good place to work. Good people. Pleasant atmosphere. No complaints. Did not like what my position transformed into, but that is just a personal matter.
Hectic and unorganized
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing daily customers.
Fun workplace and productive
Hotel Housekeeping (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is, no discrimination of the race.
Educational Employment
Chef 2 (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2014
This company taught me many things I did not know before I started working here. They were willing to educate me and get my knowledge to a standard that was above that which i started.
NOT A VERY NICE PLACE TO WORK
food and beverage (Former Employee), holiday inn m6 j7July 16, 2014
Pros: it wasn't too far from home
Cons: horrible staff
Nice company to work for
Shame about the staff not welcoming to new staff members and make you feel uncomfortable at work
hard work
Customer Service Advisor / Head Waiter (Former Employee), CairoJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free transbortation
Cons: 12 hour
one of the best hops i had but poor salary for every one in the hotel but i learned a lot hotel management there
Busy an Upbeat
Intercontinental Suites Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 13, 2014
This hotel is based off of a hospital location. Mainly we are dealing with patients that are physically or mentally ill.
one great company and nice pay
Food Runner (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 7, 2014
always woke up looking forward to go to work because it was fun to be there everyday
Funworkplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 1, 2014
Pros: cabs, food, fun activities
Cons: nothing
It has been great experience working with IHG. I am really enjoing my work.
Productive & Fun workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJune 29, 2014
Pros: free meals & transport
Cons: na
Intercontinental Hotels Group is the largest hotels company in the world measured by number of rooms and has more than 4600 hotels around the world. IHG is primarily engaged in Franchised, Managed and Owned hotels business. IHG is the owner of 9 international hotel brands which includes – Intercontinental Hotels, Holiday Inn & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, – more... Holiday inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Stay bridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Haulex & Even Hotels. – less
nice place to work.
Sous chef (Current Employee), Lagos, GUJune 29, 2014
Pros: welfare package is good.
good place to work, staffs are constantly trained and updated with new development in the hotel.
poor management
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2014
Cons: no lunch breaks on weekends, unable to even go to the bathroom at times
No leadership at the property I worked at for 18 months. No security at this property many many safety hazards with guest using drugs, dealing drugs and inappropriate behavior.
Management would go home and leave the situation with desk clerks and night auditor's to deal with the unpleasantness.
productive place with biloiards table
F&B STEWARD (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJune 27, 2014
Pros: free food and accomodation
Cons: long hours
6 days per week
i learned about chemical
is good
is good
night shift
morning shift
it was a good work enviroment
waitress (Former Employee), lusaka,zambiaJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch and transport to and from work
Cons: no free time on weekends for personal affairs
it brought with it a mult- national work environment .A typical would start with arranging the setup for the work place .after the setup .would attend to Guests making them feel comfortable and report to the Food and Beverage supervisor ..

I leanrt team work , inter personal skills ,customer care ,.

Management Style was exceptional .

I got along – more... with most of the people i worked with and team playing ..

the hardest part of my Job was working long and odd shifts .

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new from different ethnic groups and hosting different seminars . – less
Great company that believes in advancing within
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: way too much administrative work. too many trainings and meetings
I love the advancement opportunities within this company. They allow you to manage your day and your time. The hardest part of this job is finding business in the marketplace. The most enjoyable is the people I get to work with.
IHG Crowne Plaza provides a great enviornment for learning hospitality and how to encourage a guest's success while supporting colleague development.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), KuwaitJune 18, 2014
Pros: colleague engagement; learning and development opportunities; teamwork enviornment
Cons: location and owning company interference as an inhibitor to the hotel reaching it's full potential
I had a very memorable experience with IHG and I would continue with them should the correct opportunity arise. I went into a deep dive into their service culture as i arrived in my position just prior to a Brand uplifting for the Crowne Plaza Brand. I enjoyed building teams and coaches throughout the organization to change our way of doing things to – more... become the #1 choice for hotel in Kuwait and become the number # employer and brand-choice for investors.

The most difficult aspect of my position was balancing the strategic requirements with the operational support required. We have 41 different nationalities and over 1200 colleagues and due to the organizational cultural changes required I handled much of the disciplinary actions myself as well as championing consistent performance management.

The most enjoyable aspect was investing in colleagues and management and seeing them become leaders and move up in the organization. A close second was participation in the operational council meetings with the GM, Director of Finance and Business Support, Director of Sales, and the EAM of Food and Beverage to plan strategy and have strategic discussions. – less
Order to Pay
Account Payable Analysts (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJune 17, 2014
Pros: meal and cab facilities
Cons: 8 hours
It is based on Email we received from different Hotels and we process ed it and Create Voucher for further Payment to our Vendor.
Very Professional Environment With a Skill at Appreciating Employees
Barista/Hostess/Banquet Server (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 15, 2014
Pros: quarterly employee luncheons, employee hotel discounts, great benefits, annual employee appreciation week
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the Intercontinental Hotel in Tampa, FL. I finally got to experience working at a place where I looked forward to coming in the next day. Although I always had a great time working, it was not for a lack of a professionalism. Everyone possessed a professional demeanor. However, they mastered the perfect balance of making – more... the staff feel like we were part of a family, while also demanding the respect that was necessary in the profession that is Hospitality. It is with a heavy heart that I am leaving this company, but with the experience and knowledge they have provided me with, I am confident in moving forward and finding a career that I will be rooted to. – less

About InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos