InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, great benefits, good team work and a great sense of accomplishment.
Reservations Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2014
Pros: great medical and dental benefits, unionized environment
Cons: late hours
-Assist guests with reservations in a professional and friendly manner by listening to their needs and providing the best fit.
-Use your phone smile to put guests in ease and make them feel comfortable and welcome. Make sure guests realize that you value their time and loyalty to the hotel.
- Calm irate guests using problem solving skills by being assertive – more... rather than aggressive.
- Be a team player to ensure smooth flow of daily tasks.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment. – less
Great culture and friendly environment
Sales Manager, Corporate Market (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: employee cafeteria
Cons: long hours
A lot of unexpected things can happen in a regular work day, which makes it fun and interesting. Great team work in every department makes things go smoother, co-workers are friendly and always happy to help. A lot of stress can accummulate due to the high pace demands. What I loved the most about my job was travelling and this was also what I found – more... to be the hardest when it came time to balance life-work. – less
Productive and fun work place
Room Reservation Agent/PBX (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: awards and appreciation
Cons: training
International brand that respects its employees
Every day there is something new that I learn
I have learned company's standards, bookings, management, taking decisions,
My coworkers are very helpful with positive attitude
Difficult memorizing company's codes and policies is the hardest part
The most enjoyable part of the job is the awards and appreciations – more... we got when up-selling, and doing great job and extra effort – less
Great hotel to work for.
Guest Services Manager, HR, Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), TorontoApril 14, 2013
I had a great time working for IHG. I got a lot to learn and met a lot of great and different people.
productive
Conference Manager (Former Employee), PolandSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: they provide food and uniform.
Cons: it depends.
It depends to the fuction.
Management was good.
friendly and cooperate.
in my side there is no hard job in Intercontinental.
Meet some big time people.
Productive and fun workplace.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: great management, decent pay.
Cons: not enough hours to work.
The hardest part of the job is to be on your feet for 7 hours. However the staff that you work with make it worthwhile. Everyone, including management team is always very positive and up-beat. You do get to eat the good food that the Hotel makes when you get the chance to have a break. The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet different people and – more... to be able to serve them in the best way you can. When customers are satisfied then it reflects on the working staff. I have learned to properly set up tables in different functions, I have also learned to use my strength when carrying heavy plates and trays. My time management skills are enhanced since each function consisted of specific time periods of when to serve and to clean. – less
Went through several Organizational and management changes
IT Project Manager/Scrum Master (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2014
The transition to Agile Scrum was a great, yet challenging experience. Agile is the best methodology for a system maintenance group.
Very nice place to work
Full Time Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: comfortable working environment
Cons: travelling distance to work
A typical day at work , catering to the needs of customers. I learned patience, courtesy and how to deal with the different personalities I encounter everyday. Management was very supportive. My co-workers were also supportive and were all team players. The hardest part of my job was telling a customer we have no rooms available. The most enjoyable – more... part was the interaction with satisfied customers. – less
IHG is a great company to work for
MANAGER, BRAND MARKETING (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2014
This is a great company to work for. Plenty of room to grow, shift careers, etc. There are many "life-ers" at IHG, and it's very easy to see why someone would stay 25+ years. I think the best part about the company is its people. There is a wonderful resource pool within the building, of people who genuinely care about the business.
Intense with emerging technologies
(Consultant) (Current Employee), atlanta, gaAugust 23, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: very routine no frills environment
My typical workday includes creating and modifying documentation, developing test cases, and testing
it was very good
Work as Receptionist (Former Employee), kabul afghanistanAugust 14, 2014
I was working hard and every one was happy about me, It was enjoyment
Challenging and Rewarding Company to Work for.
Deputy General Manager (Current Employee), Warwick, ENGAugust 11, 2014
Pros: meeting people, developing skills, challenging
Cons: long hours sometimes, never enough time!!
A typical day at work for me, is firstly helping my team serve breakfast in the morning, conversing and hosting the guests and creating a great atmosphere for my guests to start the day.
Then dealing with check outs and payments on the front desk ,dealing with any issues or complaints a guest may have. I coach and motivate my team and lead by example.
I – more... have a huge range of other jobs and tasks I do, admin related, reservation related, management related but each day is different at the hotel and offers a fresh new exciting challenge to overcome, and this is too small a space to really explain in detail what the job role consists of.

The main thing to remember is its all about the guests and great customer service!! – less
IHG is very good compnany
Analyst (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch and cab
IHG is a very good company and give good facilities to their employees and colleagues are very friendly
Dedicated and professional housekeeping staff
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great gm, great employees
Cons: excessive workload, makeup the rules as they go along
IHG was a good place to work with a great staff. The workload is excessive and detrimental the positive motivation and morale of the workers.
Oversee all reservations and room inventory, monitor billing, run reports
Reservations Coordination Manager (Current Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: insurance, 401k from company, time off occural
Cons: no room to advance, no structure from district
 Maintain all rooms and services are to Brand Standards.
 Ensure that each Guests needs are met and maintained.
 Complete and Submit P&L reports and Facility Forecasts in regards to Revenue.
 Liaison to Joint Visitors Bureau for all Distinguished Visitors including Officers and Generals
 Correspondence with Points of Contact for all Military bases.
 – more... Oversee the data entry of all large incoming Military group exercises.
 Manage all room inventories to maintain a balanced status. – less
wonderful place to work, felt like family, wonderful mgmt.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: intoxicated guests
great place to work, as security I had to deal with noise complaints, intoxicated guests but was not that bad. My co-workers were great for the most part. Mgmt. was great and supported my dicisions.
Fun work place
Butler (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 5, 2014
Good.
Learn many new skill.
Friendly Enviroment.
Long work hour.
hard labor, great people.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 4, 2014
moving furniture, tearing out old carpet material and laying new flooring(carpet, tile, hardwood). I learned self-management skills, trade, and budgeting. Management was great and easy-going. hardest part of the job and the strain on your knees and rarely some customers. most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the product from start to finish and – more... customers loving your work. – less
Good place to work.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2014
Good place to work. Good people. Pleasant atmosphere. No complaints. Did not like what my position transformed into, but that is just a personal matter.
Hectic and unorganized
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing daily customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos