InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, great benefits, good team work and a great sense of accomplishment.
Reservations Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2014
Pros: great medical and dental benefits, unionized environment
Cons: late hours
-Assist guests with reservations in a professional and friendly manner by listening to their needs and providing the best fit.
-Use your phone smile to put guests in ease and make them feel comfortable and welcome. Make sure guests realize that you value their time and loyalty to the hotel.
- Calm irate guests using problem solving skills by being assertive – more... rather than aggressive.
- Be a team player to ensure smooth flow of daily tasks.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment. – less
Great culture and friendly environment
Sales Manager, Corporate Market (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: employee cafeteria
Cons: long hours
A lot of unexpected things can happen in a regular work day, which makes it fun and interesting. Great team work in every department makes things go smoother, co-workers are friendly and always happy to help. A lot of stress can accummulate due to the high pace demands. What I loved the most about my job was travelling and this was also what I found – more... to be the hardest when it came time to balance life-work. – less
Productive and fun work place
Room Reservation Agent/PBX (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: awards and appreciation
Cons: training
International brand that respects its employees
Every day there is something new that I learn
I have learned company's standards, bookings, management, taking decisions,
My coworkers are very helpful with positive attitude
Difficult memorizing company's codes and policies is the hardest part
The most enjoyable part of the job is the awards and appreciations – more... we got when up-selling, and doing great job and extra effort – less
good company to work with
Sales Department - Acting Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), KuwaitJuly 7, 2013
the good thing of the company is that they provides career opportunities in other locations and trainings
Great hotel to work for.
Guest Services Manager, HR, Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), TorontoApril 14, 2013
I had a great time working for IHG. I got a lot to learn and met a lot of great and different people.
dealing with problem at work with professionalism.
Waiter (Current Employee), KuwaitSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: free accomodation with a 3x a day open cafeteria
every day is busy with arab people that's always have to be attended promptly

being snappy in work with efficient results.

management is always a pressure at work, but you have to be used to it.

excellent and professional co workers.

busy days like weekends and frequent changes in company policies.

you deal with all walks of life and colleagues – more... with different nationalities. – less
productive
Conference Manager (Former Employee), PolandSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: they provide food and uniform.
Cons: it depends.
It depends to the fuction.
Management was good.
friendly and cooperate.
in my side there is no hard job in Intercontinental.
Meet some big time people.
Productive and fun workplace.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: great management, decent pay.
Cons: not enough hours to work.
The hardest part of the job is to be on your feet for 7 hours. However the staff that you work with make it worthwhile. Everyone, including management team is always very positive and up-beat. You do get to eat the good food that the Hotel makes when you get the chance to have a break. The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet different people and – more... to be able to serve them in the best way you can. When customers are satisfied then it reflects on the working staff. I have learned to properly set up tables in different functions, I have also learned to use my strength when carrying heavy plates and trays. My time management skills are enhanced since each function consisted of specific time periods of when to serve and to clean. – less
Reservation Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Nariman Point, MumbaiNovember 21, 2014
My work profile was to handle reservations.

Co-workers were very supportive.
unifying corporate culture
Director (Current Employee), Denham, ENGNovember 20, 2014
good culture, great people, at times felt middle management underqualified. Clear on business objectives and vision of the company which is well communicated.
training is most ...
Commis Chef (Current Employee), abu dhabiNovember 19, 2014
Pros: have everything
Cons: 9
Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
Being attentive to guests
Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest’s requests.
Anticipate Guest’s needs
Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the guest experience
Demonstrating a genuine attitude.
Taking appropriate action to resole guest – more... complaints – less
nice place to work
waiter/porter (Current Employee), londonNovember 18, 2014
it was fun everyone was nice and friendly managment helped out a lot and are really funny all memebers of staff are nice and helpful
its not bad its an alright place to work.
receptionist (Current Employee), Park lane londonNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours and short breaks.
its not bad its an alright place to work.
good and friendly environment
Productive when at work. During breaks log into internet for fb or check emails and also watching TV program mes.
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Fiji IslandNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free transport, free meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Have learnt alot and not only from the F&B Department but from other Department as well.
Managers are very helpful and a good teamwork from them.
The most enjoyable part of the job when Hotels are full with guest and guest are happy with the quality of service that are being provided.
Productive and forward looking
Internship (Former Employee), NairobiNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Large group with good training for staff.
A variety of exposure for me in the accounts department.
Reservation sales specialist (Current Employee), Brierley Hill, ENGNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Enjoyable job, staff are great, customers very friendly! would recommend!
Enjoying very much within the team. Very helpful environment around the team. having team build activities every quarter where all of us perticepating
Senior Safety & Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Dubai, DUNovember 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: as always i eager to complete my task before leave for the day.
During minor occupancy. learning about Risk management. Very helpful. proactive environment around all of us. Lost and Found items if not found and the guest insisting and claim for liabilities. during the busy operation and high occupancy in the hotel.
Productive and interesting sales strategy plan
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee), MarseilleOctober 29, 2014
A new opening is a very unique experience during your career, especially when InterContinental Marseille will become the leader vs the competitive set. As a new 5 star property, the sales & marketing action plan started from the scratch and was very ambitious to become the best hotel in the region and to reach the sales goals.
As an experienced Sales – more... Manager I have developed strong skills to drive and to win new business. My knowledge of international markets and my ability to build strong relationships with collaborators and clients will help to achieve revenue and profits goals.
A new 5-star hotel opened in April 2013 (the biggest and luxurious hotel in Marseille)
Key Responsibilities:
· Establish a clear sales & marketing action plan
· Manage and develop selected Key Accounts for the hotel ( MICE, Corporate & Leisure)
· Develop assigned markets ( French, UK & Benelux) by clear and measurable objectives
· Plan and execute sales trips and residential Fam Trip
· Produce monthly sales reports, forecasts and market intelligence reports – less
Very good company to work for
Director of Outlets (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 24, 2014
Lot of experience, very professional executives team, friendly envirement
Best place to work.
IHG Commission Services - Coordinator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 23, 2014
• Eight hour day work with 1 hour for lunch. Very busy providing support to hotels, travel agencies and IHG Teams.
• Learned SQL, PeopleSoft. Hospitality.
• Work as a team member with all my co-workers.
• Manage a complex USD 800M account which has monthly disputes with hotels and agencies
• Enjoyed everything about the position: running PeopleSoft – more... queries, payment adjustments, interaction with hotels and agencies. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About InterContinental Hotels Group

IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of nine hotel brands, including InterContinental® – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos