InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bella experience
Assistant Director F&B (Former Employee), ChinaFebruary 7, 2014
Open BBF every day at 6:00 Am, attend meeting and follow up the daily duty.

Five Winning Ways, Do the right thing, Show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate difference, Work better together .

(IHG) is an international hotel company whose goal is to create Great Hotels Guests Love. They have more guest rooms than any.

Working in china is great experience, – more... but need a patience and challenge to communicate with different culture.

Happy to share my experience and working better together. – less
Great culture and friendly environment
Sales Manager, Corporate Market (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: employee cafeteria
Cons: long hours
A lot of unexpected things can happen in a regular work day, which makes it fun and interesting. Great team work in every department makes things go smoother, co-workers are friendly and always happy to help. A lot of stress can accummulate due to the high pace demands. What I loved the most about my job was travelling and this was also what I found – more... to be the hardest when it came time to balance life-work. – less
Productive and fun work place
Room Reservation Agent/PBX (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: awards and appreciation
Cons: training
International brand that respects its employees
Every day there is something new that I learn
I have learned company's standards, bookings, management, taking decisions,
My coworkers are very helpful with positive attitude
Difficult memorizing company's codes and policies is the hardest part
The most enjoyable part of the job is the awards and appreciations – more... we got when up-selling, and doing great job and extra effort – less
good company to work with
Sales Department - Acting Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), KuwaitJuly 7, 2013
the good thing of the company is that they provides career opportunities in other locations and trainings
Concierge - Bell Desk
Concierge (Current Employee), Jakarta, IndonesiaJune 18, 2013
assisting guest handling, assiting for local direction, assisting for taxi, assisting travel and local attractions, using mostly english language, met people from other country.
Great hotel to work for.
Guest Services Manager, HR, Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), TorontoApril 14, 2013
I had a great time working for IHG. I got a lot to learn and met a lot of great and different people.
My Job
Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee), Dubai festival city united arab emiratesOctober 28, 2012
its interesting and i look forward for each new day for new experience. i love my job
to be responsible and gained confidence
as long as u understand your team mates in the way to treat them individually you become a good team leader and you work as one team and deliver good results.
the hardest part of the job is whereby you have a member who do not – more... understand the spoken and written language. it take little more time to have the job done.
the enjoyable part of the job is when i see the building completed or any construction in the company and the was nobody injured or any damage of the tools used. – less
dealing with problem at work with professionalism.
Waiter (Current Employee), KuwaitSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: free accomodation with a 3x a day open cafeteria
every day is busy with arab people that's always have to be attended promptly

being snappy in work with efficient results.

management is always a pressure at work, but you have to be used to it.

excellent and professional co workers.

busy days like weekends and frequent changes in company policies.

you deal with all walks of life and colleagues – more... with different nationalities. – less
productive
Conference Manager (Former Employee), PolandSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: they provide food and uniform.
Cons: it depends.
It depends to the fuction.
Management was good.
friendly and cooperate.
in my side there is no hard job in Intercontinental.
Meet some big time people.
1 team 1 goal
Waiter (Current Employee), jubail saudi arabiaAugust 18, 2012
im working at buffet restaurant, supporting other outlet like lobby coffe,banquet.
Productive and fun workplace.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: great management, decent pay.
Cons: not enough hours to work.
The hardest part of the job is to be on your feet for 7 hours. However the staff that you work with make it worthwhile. Everyone, including management team is always very positive and up-beat. You do get to eat the good food that the Hotel makes when you get the chance to have a break. The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet different people and – more... to be able to serve them in the best way you can. When customers are satisfied then it reflects on the working staff. I have learned to properly set up tables in different functions, I have also learned to use my strength when carrying heavy plates and trays. My time management skills are enhanced since each function consisted of specific time periods of when to serve and to clean. – less
one great company and nice pay
Food Runner (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 7, 2014
always woke up looking forward to go to work because it was fun to be there everyday
Funworkplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 1, 2014
Pros: cabs, food, fun activities
Cons: nothing
It has been great experience working with IHG. I am really enjoing my work.
Productive & Fun workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJune 29, 2014
Pros: free meals & transport
Cons: na
Intercontinental Hotels Group is the largest hotels company in the world measured by number of rooms and has more than 4600 hotels around the world. IHG is primarily engaged in Franchised, Managed and Owned hotels business. IHG is the owner of 9 international hotel brands which includes – Intercontinental Hotels, Holiday Inn & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, – more... Holiday inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Stay bridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Haulex & Even Hotels. – less
nice place to work.
Sous chef (Current Employee), Lagos, GUJune 29, 2014
Pros: welfare package is good.
good place to work, staffs are constantly trained and updated with new development in the hotel.
poor management
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2014
Cons: no lunch breaks on weekends, unable to even go to the bathroom at times
No leadership at the property I worked at for 18 months. No security at this property many many safety hazards with guest using drugs, dealing drugs and inappropriate behavior.
Management would go home and leave the situation with desk clerks and night auditor's to deal with the unpleasantness.
productive place with biloiards table
F&B STEWARD (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJune 27, 2014
Pros: free food and accomodation
Cons: long hours
6 days per week
i learned about chemical
is good
is good
night shift
morning shift
it was a good work enviroment
waitress (Former Employee), lusaka,zambiaJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch and transport to and from work
Cons: no free time on weekends for personal affairs
it brought with it a mult- national work environment .A typical would start with arranging the setup for the work place .after the setup .would attend to Guests making them feel comfortable and report to the Food and Beverage supervisor ..

I leanrt team work , inter personal skills ,customer care ,.

Management Style was exceptional .

I got along – more... with most of the people i worked with and team playing ..

the hardest part of my Job was working long and odd shifts .

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new from different ethnic groups and hosting different seminars . – less
Great company that believes in advancing within
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: way too much administrative work. too many trainings and meetings
I love the advancement opportunities within this company. They allow you to manage your day and your time. The hardest part of this job is finding business in the marketplace. The most enjoyable is the people I get to work with.
IHG Crowne Plaza provides a great enviornment for learning hospitality and how to encourage a guest's success while supporting colleague development.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee), KuwaitJune 18, 2014
Pros: colleague engagement; learning and development opportunities; teamwork enviornment
Cons: location and owning company interference as an inhibitor to the hotel reaching it's full potential
I had a very memorable experience with IHG and I would continue with them should the correct opportunity arise. I went into a deep dive into their service culture as i arrived in my position just prior to a Brand uplifting for the Crowne Plaza Brand. I enjoyed building teams and coaches throughout the organization to change our way of doing things to – more... become the #1 choice for hotel in Kuwait and become the number # employer and brand-choice for investors.

The most difficult aspect of my position was balancing the strategic requirements with the operational support required. We have 41 different nationalities and over 1200 colleagues and due to the organizational cultural changes required I handled much of the disciplinary actions myself as well as championing consistent performance management.

The most enjoyable aspect was investing in colleagues and management and seeing them become leaders and move up in the organization. A close second was participation in the operational council meetings with the GM, Director of Finance and Business Support, Director of Sales, and the EAM of Food and Beverage to plan strategy and have strategic discussions. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos