InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great work environment
Senior Front Desk Agent (Acting) (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 16, 2015
My management team is great, hotel benefits are beyond more than I needed.
There is a lot of opportunities to grow in this hotel and I believe will be the same for all IHG properties.
highly professional yet homely touch to the working culture
Banquet & Restaurant Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
One of the best employer out there in the job market.
My routine day include job duties like assisting banquet management team by ensuring proper and systematic BEO sequencing through Delphi operating system on a daily basis, scheduling and payroll duties, invoicing and client accounts management through Micros system, requisition and inventory management duties, producing coffee sheets, function layout sheets, liquor consumption reports, inventory sheets, Evention data system reports and general administrative work. Other departmental duties include assisting banquet staff with preparation, supervision and execution of banquet functions and helping Azure fine-dining restaurant staff during peak periods.
Best time i ever spend working with any of the employer.
Productive, great benefits, good team work and a great sense of accomplishment.
Reservations Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2014
Pros: great medical and dental benefits, unionized environment
Cons: late hours
-Assist guests with reservations in a professional and friendly manner by listening to their needs and providing the best fit.
-Use your phone smile to put guests in ease and make them feel comfortable and welcome. Make sure guests realize that you value their time and loyalty to the hotel.
- Calm irate guests using problem solving skills by being assertive rather than aggressive.
- Be a team player to ensure smooth flow of daily tasks.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
Great culture and friendly environment
Sales Manager, Corporate Market (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: employee cafeteria
Cons: long hours
A lot of unexpected things can happen in a regular work day, which makes it fun and interesting. Great team work in every department makes things go smoother, co-workers are friendly and always happy to help. A lot of stress can accummulate due to the high pace demands. What I loved the most about my job was travelling and this was also what I found to be the hardest when it came time to balance life-work.
Productive and fun work place
Room Reservation Agent/PBX (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: awards and appreciation
Cons: training
International brand that respects its employees
Every day there is something new that I learn
I have learned company's standards, bookings, management, taking decisions,
My coworkers are very helpful with positive attitude
Difficult memorizing company's codes and policies is the hardest part
The most enjoyable part of the job is the awards and appreciations we got when up-selling, and doing great job and extra effort
good company to work with
Sales Department - Acting Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), KuwaitJuly 7, 2013
the good thing of the company is that they provides career opportunities in other locations and trainings
Great hotel to work for.
Guest Services Manager, HR, Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), TorontoApril 14, 2013
I had a great time working for IHG. I got a lot to learn and met a lot of great and different people.
dealing with problem at work with professionalism.
Waiter (Current Employee), KuwaitSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: free accomodation with a 3x a day open cafeteria
every day is busy with arab people that's always have to be attended promptly

being snappy in work with efficient results.

management is always a pressure at work, but you have to be used to it.

excellent and professional co workers.

busy days like weekends and frequent changes in company policies.

you deal with all walks of life and colleagues with different nationalities.
productive
Conference Manager (Former Employee), PolandSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: they provide food and uniform.
Cons: it depends.
It depends to the fuction.
Management was good.
friendly and cooperate.
in my side there is no hard job in Intercontinental.
Meet some big time people.
Productive and fun workplace.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2012
Pros: great management, decent pay.
Cons: not enough hours to work.
The hardest part of the job is to be on your feet for 7 hours. However the staff that you work with make it worthwhile. Everyone, including management team is always very positive and up-beat. You do get to eat the good food that the Hotel makes when you get the chance to have a break. The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet different people and to be able to serve them in the best way you can. When customers are satisfied then it reflects on the working staff. I have learned to properly set up tables in different functions, I have also learned to use my strength when carrying heavy plates and trays. My time management skills are enhanced since each function consisted of specific time periods of when to serve and to clean.

About InterContinental Hotels Group

We are one of the world’s leading hotel companies. Present in nearly 100 countries, we have 161 million guests staying in – Read more

InterContinental Hotels Group Photos