InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Global Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region5 February 2018
They always make sure that you are happy. The bosses are very nice, very approachable, and always has way to make everything in good condition. It was one good experience for me being with them.
Pros
Happy workplace
Cons
Queuing sometimes
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2018
IHG is a global company with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, meaning a world of opportunity for you. Our success flows from the thousands of people around the world who form part of the IHG team.
Very fun with Co workers
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region20 December 2017
My job and responsible is to care to guest so they can be there best experience. Associates are somewhat friendly. though you have a long list of rooms per day giving you only an hour to clean.
Pros
Free Lunch
The company is amazing, the job, not really.
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  PHILIPPINES12 September 2017
Of course IHG, is a very prestigious company, however you need to choose the job or the position that you're applying for. I'm a people person, I prefer to see my customers/guests face to face, so to be honest working in a call centre is not for me. I don't like an office job and just staring at my computer, but if you don't mind that, then you won't have a problem working for IHG.
Pros
Hotel Benefits
Cons
Too many calls
Strong people philosophy with well defined goals, objectives
Director of Front Office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
A great company with high expectations. Very fast paced and intense work environment.
I would not work for them again as the work/ life balance is lacking and while there are strong guidelines and vision, the reality falls short of the mark.
Friendly environment, but stressful
Senior Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
As a Senior Front Desk Agent I was responsible for many aspects. Essentially the Senior sole is a supervisory position. However, on a day to day basis the work load was almost unmanageable and ever increasing.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Great Company Culture
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Terrigal, NSW Australia20 March 2017
I really enjoyed my experience working at a Crowne Plaza property in Australia. I entered in a F&B Supervisor position which was a very familiar role to me however I was also given the opportunity to change departments and develop a new set of professional skills as a Front Desk Agent and also as an Auditor/Relief Night Manager of the hotel.
An excellent employer.
Pros
Worldwide staff accommodation rates
A great dynamic mix of people to work with
Lead Registered Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
The Intercontinental Hotel is truly a great mix of people from all backgrounds and nationalities. Working here is very rewarding and engaging. Everyday you here multiple languages and engage in conversation with many people. It's great to see how so many different people are able to work together in one space.
Pros
paid education, great employee appreciation program
Cons
Pay could be more; doesn't have a transit discount plan
good place to work
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Damascus, NB3 December 2016
does place is out of intercontinental groub
one from it al bader restaurant is it in Damascus
and lubergr Lebanese restaurant in dubi i learnt more from both place
Pros
free
Cons
long
best collagues
Reservation Agent and PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON11 November 2016
Travelodge toronto airport is a very chill place to work. Front desk manager is a very nice guy. Staff is very friendly. they pay you good and you get benifits as well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Great Company to work for.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2016
Amazing and friendly management and great Company to work for. Great atmosphere within the IHG brand properties with a lot of skill building activities.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms worldwide
Cons
Lack of advancement within express properties.
Working at IHG is very fun and productive.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 June 2016
It has been a year of fun and productivity working at IHG. I love my co-workers their they are very supportive and helpful to my role.
Great Organisation to work for...
Financial Analyst, Group FP&A (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 May 2016
IHG is a great Organisation with true intent of grooming resources for next level of operations, irrespective of the layer you are at.

True hospitality company with great culture.

Great Company, guests, investors and employees love...
Great place to work and great management.
Registered Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
Great HR and management, Very beneficial for patients as they are able to use a salt water pool and a eucalyptus steam room pre or post their massage treatment to in hence their relaxation experience.
Employees That Do What They Want
Housekeeping Quality Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
It is hard to be a new supervisor and enforce rules that employees are already so used to doing things their own way. And I felt like there was no room for error when working there, even if you're new.
Pros
They provide meals everyday
Cons
They have no room for error
A pleasure to work for such a great company.
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2015
Nothing but positive things to say about working for IHG. A world class leader in the Hotel and Hospitality Industry and they treat they're employees with dignity , respect and great benefits.
Great company values that everyone can understand and live
Talent and Leadership Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario19 March 2015
Exciting! You're never bored! Lots of flexibility in how a job is completed, Opportunities for advancement. Great co-workers - learned a lot about corporate life!
Pros
Flexible Management styles
Cons
Nothing worth mentioning
great work environment
Senior Front Desk Agent (Acting) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario16 March 2015
My management team is great, hotel benefits are beyond more than I needed.
There is a lot of opportunities to grow in this hotel and I believe will be the same for all IHG properties.
Great, unless you're a student
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2014
This was a great job at first. The management was super nice, HR was super nice, and everyone got along very well and helped out when needed.

However, hours are based on occupancy, so as a part time employee, one week I would have 40 hours, and the next I would have 5 hours, and this would happen consistently.

When I was hired I informed the management that I would be returning to school in 3 months, which they told me was not a problem. 3 days before my 3 month probation was to be up, I was let go because I no longer had full availability due to my school schedule.

Way to mislead me that I had job security. The students who you do see working there are all interns that are full time and unpaid. Very few are hired upon completion of their internships.

Be wary if you are a summer hire. It may only be for summer.

Also, as a p/t employee, I paid $1.50/hour to the union, however I received no union protection (as I was under 3 months) and I received no benefits. There is no opt-out option for paying union fees, it comes directly off your pay stub.
Pros
Plesant work environment
Cons
No job security for students / unpredictable hours
highly professional yet homely touch to the working culture
Banquet & Restaurant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2014
One of the best employer out there in the job market.
My routine day include job duties like assisting banquet management team by ensuring proper and systematic BEO sequencing through Delphi operating system on a daily basis, scheduling and payroll duties, invoicing and client accounts management through Micros system, requisition and inventory management duties, producing coffee sheets, function layout sheets, liquor consumption reports, inventory sheets, Evention data system reports and general administrative work. Other departmental duties include assisting banquet staff with preparation, supervision and execution of banquet functions and helping Azure fine-dining restaurant staff during peak periods.
Best time i ever spend working with any of the employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

InterContinental Hotels Group Reviews by Location