An international software development company, Interactyx Limited (interactyx.com), seeks a sophisticated, bright, individual who can join our software development team as Manager, Software Development and contribute in both an intermediate software developer and project manager capacity for TOPYX®, an award winning social learning management system, software as a service (SaaS) educational distribution platform. This position will be split 50/50 between developing and managing projects with staff, customer meetings and external vendors. This position is in Kanata, (Ottawa) Ontario, Canada.
Working directly with our Senior Software Engineer and the Director, Operations, as well as fellow software development engineers, customer service, implementation managers, quality assurance professionals and customers to develop TOPYX®, our innovative social learning management system (LMS) system.
A friendly, positive outlook every day is critical. Poise, sophistication, excellent health, dependability, and strong work ethic are mandatory. Your ability, talent, capacity, attitude, presentation and overall capabilities, as well as past performance will be important factors in your success. You do not have to have a long history of employment, rather your ability and desire to grow with our Company is crucial. You must want to really make a meaningful, measurable contribution every day.
Additional responsibilities include:
- - Developing solutions for new features according to specifications and making modifications to existing modules
- - Identify the impact of any modifications to the code base to maintain system stability
- - Participate in the deployment of new releases
- - Assist customer service with troubleshooting potential defects
- - Track down problems in applications until a solution and resolution is found
- - Document systems and fixes that fall into the maintenance category
- - Follow rigorous standards for code quality and maintainability
- - Develop unit test cases/criteria to verify all functionality adheres to specifications
- - Work extensively with other members of our development team, using your analytical and problem-solving abilities to create better solutions
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Excellent .NET skills: ASP.NET, VB.NET, MVC, Web Service
- Great understanding in relational database technology; experience with SQL Server 2008 database design; Stored Procedure design and View design
- Experience with Web application troubleshooting and problem resolution, engaging technical peers and customers as needed
- Ability to problem solve with little guidance and able to learn unfamiliar technologies and concepts quickly
- Experience in the understanding of end user experience, especially in the eLearning space and the identification and integration of Web 2.0 technologies and mashups.
- Knowledge of eLearning (Moodle®, SCORM®) applications, protocols and mobile applications are a huge plus
- Experience with PHP and MySQL would be great assets
In addition, candidates should possess:
- Willingness to learn and teach
- High levels of initiative and motivation
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and at least three years’ experience in all phases of the web development life cycle
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or engineering would be an advantage
What we offer:
- A creative, comfortable, progressive and fun environment
- Excellent health benefits
- Ongoing opportunities for development and having a huge impact on the product and the Company
- Interactyx Limited and Interactyx Americas, Inc. are equal opportunity employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The Company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.