Interactive Brokers Employee Reviews

Very demanding place to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 8, 2015
This is a very results driven company, you will be compensated very well in salaray, bonus, stock, and even free lunch but there is no work life balance. Hours are long and they not very accommodating of life changes.
Good place to learn. Employee compensation is very good
Accounting Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTAugust 8, 2014
The company is a fast pace environment. Typical day of work is very busy because the financial reports are due on a daily basis.
Co-worker are very good.
The hardest part of the job is to get everything done on time and with accuracy. Management is very demanding.
I enjoyed learning new things. The company kept growing during the time I work there.
great place for programmers
Senior Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTApril 28, 2013
70% of staff are programmers. Firm tries to automate everything.
Pros
free lunches, free health coverage
Cons
very long hours
Overall A Solid Work Environment
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Free lunch, fairly friendly environment. Good budget, nice office.
Good, but old.
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMay 13, 2014
The methods they use are quite old and dont update to current market standards or needs.
Productive workplace
Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTOctober 17, 2012
It is a company that has been trying very hard to grow but has faced adversity in its market making group - Timber Hill. I worked at Timber Hill for a year a half before being transferred to Interactive Brokers LLC, both companies are subsidiaries of Interactive Brokers Group. I learned a lot as a Research Analyst at Timber Hill and found my time there to be extremely productive, not only for the company, but also for personal professional growth. As a representative in the Professional Services group, I did learn a lot about IB's other half, including all of the products and services that IB offers its institutional and proprietary trading clients. My co-workers were a mix in terms of educational backgrounds and work experiences - ranging from state schools to Ivy League schools as well as people who have worked in finance for over 20 years to being their first job out of college. Hardest part of the job is juggling all of the different day-to-day responsibilities as the work day does get chaotic and requires multi-tasking of five plus responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of my job was speaking with potential clients and telling about all the products and services that IB has to offer and hearing their typically surprised reaction. Most potential clients were impressed about IB's offerings and it was definitely gratifying and satisfying when I consistently help bring in new clients to the firm.
Pros
free lunches and flu shots, and good healthcare coverage
Cons
not much vacation time allowed, very short breaks, not compensated as well as you should be given the amount of work that you do.

2.8