We are a major petroleum transportation, storage and natural gas liquids extraction business that ranks among the largest energy infrastructure companies in Canada. Inter Pipeline is proud to be on Alberta Venture’s Venture 250 list of the highest grossing companies in Alberta. For more information about us and our positions, please visit our website at www.interpipeline.com.
We are constantly seeking high-calibre people who bring excellence, talent and enthusiasm to our growing operations. We offer a dynamic work environment that fosters an entrepreneurial spirit and encourages our employees to grow their skills and expertise.
The Supervisor, Maintenance and Reliability is a front line leadership role at Inter Pipeline, based out of the Cochrane office reporting to the Director, NGL Plant Operations.
The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the maintenance activities of employees and contractors, and utilizing assets to meet the company’s strategic plan and supporting initiatives. The Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring the safe, reliable, compliant and cost-effective operation of the Cochrane plant. The Supervisor leads a team of electrician/controls technicians, instrumentation technicians, millwrights, pipefitters, maintenance technicians, purchasing and a maintenance planner group.
Core responsibilities include alignment with the Operations Framework, including: Safety and Environment Stewardship, Compliance Assurance, Cost Management, Asset Integrity and Reliability, Employee Management and Community Relations.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Achieve long-term, industry leading maintenance and reliability performance of the Cochrane plant by setting measurable objectives and ensuring the right resources are in place for developing, communicating and executing key maintenance initiatives
- Supervision and development of the maintenance team at the Cochrane plant, ensuring Core Values are demonstrated by all employees
- Work effectively with other site supervisors and managers to develop a cohesive team and implement best maintenance practices in order to achieve goals and objectives
- Timely and efficient communication with Inter Pipeline’s commercial group to communicate issues which could cause production issues
- Establish positive relations with support groups including Technical Services, EH&S and Emergency Management, Operations Services, Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Public and Regulatory Affairs and Legal
- Create a work environment and culture which supports and encourages open dialogue, economic thinking and continuous improvement
- Employee involvement in the execution and the design, development and implementation of key programs and strategies related to their roles
- Superior EH&S and compliance practices and results
- Ensure projects are completed safely, in compliance with regulations, on budget, on schedule and are an operational success
- Accountable for annual maintenance budget at the Extraction plant; focusing on opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce costs
- Identify, communicate and implement effective strategies to mitigate Inter Pipeline’s top reliability risks
- Provide leadership team with regular updates to review progress, emerging issues, cost performance and the future outlook for all major reliability initiatives
Education, Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have post secondary education (Engineering Technology or a Journeymen Trades program) with a minimum of 15 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong employee development and leadership skills
- Demonstrated project management skills including supervisory management of major plant maintenance turn arounds
- Knowledgeable in all current operating standards, codes, rules and regulations that impact operations
- Must possess knowledge of plant operations and maintenance procedures, emergency response, regulations and business processes
- Computer proficiency and excellent interpersonal, problem solving and economic thinking skills
- Experience with Maximo/SAP or other work flow management programs
- Direct experience with reliability initiatives that resulted in measureable uptime improvements
- Must be able to support on-call duties and emergency management