We are a major petroleum transportation, storage and natural gas liquids extraction business that ranks among the largest energy infrastructure companies in Canada. Inter Pipeline is proud to be on Alberta Venture’s Venture 250 list of the highest grossing companies in Alberta. For more information about us and our positions, please visit our website at www.interpipeline.com.
We are constantly seeking high-calibre people who bring excellence, talent and enthusiasm to our growing operations. We offer a dynamic work environment that fosters an entrepreneurial spirit and encourages our employees to grow their skills and expertise.
SCADA SYSTEMS ANALYST
Located out of the Sherwood Park office, this position will report to the SCADA Systems Analyst. Currently the SCADA group maintains and manages over forty servers on both a Windows and UNIX based platform.
This position is part of an on-call rotation.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Administration, maintenance and support of all SCADA and supporting sub systems
- Assist or lead in the trouble-shooting of system, network and application failures, as well as provide recommendations and/or implement resolutions
- Develop and identify system improvements that increase SCADA functionality, reliability and security
- Conduct routine backups as well as develop and improve upon disaster recovery procedures and policies
- Complete database, graphic and communication modifications for pipeline station additions and upgrades
- Maintain and replace hardware as required on servers, workstations and networking infrastructure
- Stay current on new technology and industry initiatives related to our business, and report on potential technical enhancements and/or economic benefits
- Provide technical support, hardware/software configuration, programming and maintenance in areas of SCADA, telecommunications and reporting
- Ensure leak detection systems are operating within parameters established by company procedures, regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Develop, schedule and coordinate routine preventative maintenance programs and administer maintenance service contracts
- Review, update and develop safe work practices, procedures, job task analysis and management of change documents
- Responsible for project execution and project management as it relates to the SCADA environment
- Recommend equipment and vendor selection
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Post secondary education graduate in a related field with five years experience is preferrable
- Experience with Telvent’s Open Architecture System (OASyS) SCADA systems preferred
- Experience with UNIX/Windows computer operating system
- Experience with Cisco network hardware, LAN/WAN topology, protocols and technology preferred
- Knowledge of pipeline hydraulics, leak detection, API standards and Pipeline Process Control is an asset
- Team player with positive attitude
- Demonstrated safe work practices along with sound judgment
Inter Pipeline is proud to be on Alberta Venture’s Venture 250 list of the highest grossing companies in Alberta. With this growth...