Inter-American Development Bank

Inter-American Development Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great exposure to professional environment
Accounting Internship (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: surrounded by ambitious, intelligent people, fast pace, professional environment
A great place to learn all the skills necessary to start out in the business world. Staff employees are some of the most intelligent individuals with very impressive resumes. Unfortunately, that means it's difficult to advance or secure a position from internship since the bare minimum for staff is often a Master's degree. Very fast paced environment, – more... good place to start if you seek a career in international business. – less
If you have nothing good to say don't anything
Desktop Support Engineer/Administrator/Contractor (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: food, work load was managable
Cons: cultural
It was a nice place to work, some clients were nice to work with,
I did learn alot about people and desktop support in general.
Best Place to Work
IT Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 5, 2014
Pros: g4 visa status
It is the best IT Consultant Opportunity, as a experienced technician I have a technical challenge that take in prove my background skills.
Short term contracts, little advancement
Sustainability Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
One year contracts make life and career planning very difficult.
Good work life balance and interesting work.
Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 25, 2014
The Bank's mission is inspiring, as is the work done with/for the Bank. There is bureaucracy like any where else but overall it is a fun place to work and there appears to be decent work life balance.
Productive day
Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.January 21, 2014
I used to work early and organize my job daily. Everyday we learned something new. I am an easy going person. I always learned a lot from my co-workers, and also, sometimes they from me.
Amazing multicultural place to work.
Life and Health Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 29, 2013
Pros: people from all around the world works there, amazing benefits, amazing instalations
Cons: old and obsolet working habits and policies. poor job security.
I learned how Interantional development Banks operate.
Hardest part of the job is to get the board to aprove new iniciatives.
Yo will love the Cafeteria, the gym, cultural activities, people, Te idb has their own credit union.
Technical Services
Lead Technician of AV Operations Secretariat (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: multi cultural environment
Being the Lead Technician means clocking in before anyone else.
Daily assessment & confirmation of proper functioning for all technical equipment in conference rooms & vip areas. Daily meetings with Operations Manager to ensure all tech assignments are being fulfilled in an efficient manner. Project Implementations & overall technical assessment on – more... a weekly basis. Stock assessment & new orders on a monthly basis. 2 month period for repairs & installations during the summer due to drastic drops in conference meetings. – less
Productive and open workplace located in Downtown Washington DC.
Records Assistant (Former Employee), 1300 New York Ave NW Washington, DCMay 11, 2012
Pros: located a block away from the white house
Cons: did not receive any benefits.
I worked from 8 am to 4:30 pm monday through fridays. I was in a spanish speaking environment classifying spanish documents. Had great management and co-workers. Hardest part of my job was the spanish.
Diverse and multicultural institution filled with strongly motivated professionals whose work has a positive impact in people’s lives.
Consultant (Former Employee), Washington DC and Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2012
Amazing place to work, specially for young professionals, who have the opportunity to deal directly with real-world problems. The Bank promotes diversity and inclusion.

About Inter-American Development Bank

Inter-American Development Bank is like a mutual aid society that packs an economic punch. The institution was founded in 1959 – Read more

Inter-American Development Bank Photos