Vacancy Posting-Exempt Position
Position: Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Date: August 20, 2013
Closing Date: September 2, 2013
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week/full time
ICA offers a competitive salary, pension and a superior benefits package.
The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria (ICA) helps individuals and organizations connect across cultures. We provide information, support and tools to help immigrants reach their goals. By engaging people through networks, education and arts programming, we create a welcoming community. ICA offers services for newcomers, including settlement and integration counseling, translation and interpretation, English classes, mentoring, volunteer matching, and peer support. We also provide outreach and education in the community through arts programming, as well as workshops on anti-racism, multiculturalism, diversity awareness, immigration and human rights.
We are seeking an Office Manager/Executive Assistant to contribute to our team.
Provide personal administrative support and assistance to the Executive Director and to manage the systems and daily functions of a busy social services office and language school.
This is a hands-on position and physically active and demanding position.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- File and retrieve documents and reference material
- Manage the storage and secure disposition of archived files
- Conduct research, assemble and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Manage and maintain Executive Director’s schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings (some evenings and weekends possible)
- Support board committees and communications
- Support management staff with special projects
- Monitor, respond to, and distribute incoming communications
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Interact with external clients
- Coordinate project-based work
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Code and process payment requisitions
- Reviewing and approving office inventories and orders
- Reconciliation of reception petty cash and general office petty cash
- Code and process payment requisitions
- Supervise and train reception and interpretation/translation staff
- Liaise and coordinate with technical support team and support staff in the use of workstations, server and other technologies including copiers and phone systems
- Change back-up drives daily
- Set up new employees with computer accounts, alarm codes and keys
Education and Experience
- Three or more years’ experience providing support at the executive level
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office and Quick Books
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree and fluency in a settlement language or French an advantage
- Top notch organizational and planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent computer trouble-shooting skills
- Information-gathering and information-monitoring skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Quick Books and a high level of comfort with network systems
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Please submit a cover letter noting relevant qualifications and experience with a current resume to the Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria (ICA), 930 Balmoral Road, Victoria, BC V8T 1A8, or dmacdougall at icavictoria.org, Attn: Dan MacDougall, Human Resources Manager, by 4:30pm on September 2, 2013. Resumes submitted without cover letters outlining qualifications and suitability for the position will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.