Intelligrated Employee Reviews

Zero Work life balance and poor upper managment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 10, 2016
The project teams are sent to project sites for months at a time with maybe a weekend or two off a month. The days are long usually 10-12 when onsite which is somewhere between 50-80% of the year.
The sales and concerting groups cut every corner they can which usually ends up trickling down on the engineers to fix the problems and get reprimanded when the physical system doesn't perform to the theoretical max. No incentive to do better since no matter how good and under budget you are on a project you will get the same 2% "profit share" bonus each year. The Upper management cares only about quantity of projects and the Quality of the work has been cut dramatically due to tighter schedules and rushed designs.
Pros
Co workers are great people
Cons
Management, No work/Life balance, Long hours, and Below average compensation.
Fun work place with high learning curve.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2015
Product oriented company with sincere management. Pretty good work culture too. Support learning and growth. everybody is helpful. Short duration projects and variety of work to do. Some time the work gets monotonous but otherwise interesting enough make you to go to office everyday.
Pros
high learning curve, growth and team oriented workplace
Cons
limited technology scope
Fast Growing Company with a touch of chaos
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 25, 2015
Office hours are minimal in this job. Most of the work is done in distribution centers around the US and some Internationally. If you enjoy traveling and don't mind being gone 3 out of 4 weeks at times then you would enjoy this company. The culture is a bit outdated and feels like an 80's workplace. The company does offer solid benefits and average pay ranges. The industry is growing quickly and will have stability for many years.
Pros
Overtime, good benefits
Cons
Lots of travel, work hours vary based on the job.
Program Manager
Program/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 4, 2015
Poor middle management. Employee work/life balance is poor. The company is only concerned about it's bottom line and not the well-being of those who work there.
It has been fine so far.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 8, 2015
I have been here for about 2 years there is no room for moving up. Also, work is limited, it gets quite boring if you are not on the road. Many times trips are not thoroughly planned.
better place to work
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 12, 2014
Honestly I wouldn't have left the military if I wasn't deployed so much, I love the military but the deployment took a told on me.
Good place to work.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAOctober 21, 2014
great company, room for advancement, and great starting benefits.
Pros
great starting pay
Cons
you are a contractor
8 years at Intelligrated
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 3, 2014
Great owners, really poor middle management. Good benefits but cyclical. HR is terrible.
Good workplace, great employees.
American owned.
Inconsistent management and a little cutthroat at the middle mgmnt level.
Pros
good employees
Cons
bad middle management
Good up and coming company
mechanical engineer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 4, 2014
Was a good work experience. I worked with concept and estimating to help establish what customers were going to get as an end result. I worked heavyly with AutoCAD while working there along with some SolidWorks, to build their conveyor systems for the customer.
Great vision with not much structure
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 27, 2014
The training given is mostly hands on.by indivuals that are still learning themselves.The classroom training is bare minimum and not well organized. A survey was sent out by management to determine what level of knowledge the employees felt they comfortably had. This survey was basically like the table of contents of a book and you had to grade each chapter just on the title of it in the table of contents.

The company started out saying "Do what you can to make the customer happy." Now the customers are comfortable with that philosophy, the company only wants the systems to run as they were designed. Most customers want to get more than what their system was designed for, so do we make the customer happy or keep the system in design specifications? The planned maintenance system is not really reasonable. The times called for in the system do not match the time most jobs take. This is mostly due to the fact that the company has not impressed upon the customer that planned maintenance will prevent more unexpected costly down time than it will cost them to plan access to the machine. So most hour to two hour maintenance jobs get squeezed into two twenty minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch break and the customer gets charged the full time for the job.

Also, the company is existing on the whim of the customer way too much. Instead of fighting for employees that the customer may or may not have issues with, the company is quick to discharge the said employee at the minorest infraction.
Pros
co-workers tend to be team oriented
Cons
taining lacking, company has not established a solid way of dealing with customers.
productive work environment busy
Mechanical Installer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 19, 2014
Enjoyed working with company but was only temp work would be great if didn't have family so could travel with company
Wonderful place to be, an organization filled with great people!
Supervisor, Mechanical Engineering (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 1, 2014
It is a pleasure to work at Intelligrated where every day offers the opportunity to work with wonderful Engineers who are both knowledgable and passionate about designing great automated material handling systems. Very customer oriented company with a sound Project Management system in place to maintain project integrity. Very well qualified Management at the helm with a clear succession plan. Hardest part of the job is dealing with dynamic customer base and some mediocre technology in some areas.
Pros
good work/life balance, good customers and a great cafeteria serving breakfast, lunch and take home dinner
Cons
some weak areas of technology regarding proprietary cad system, erp and pm systems
Good company to work for with growing pains
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Overall, Intelligrated is a good company to work for with fair compensation. A typical week in the office consisted on meetings, document/drawing/schematic creation with scheduled deadlines and deliverables. A typical week on a job site always varied depending on location and time of year.

I learned about a variety of products and communiations such as AB, Wago, Schneider, Profibus, Devicenet, and Controlnet in both PC and PLC controlled systems.

I got along great with my immediate bosses but I didn't have as much of a relationship with upper management because I was not in a position to see them on a regular basis so it is hard for me to comment on the overall management.

The hardest part of the job was hitting a schedule with a moving target of deliverables because of repeated customer changes. It can be done and has been done but it can be a painful process.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing that I was contributing in the design for the material handling needs of big name companies. I always thought that was a pretty cool feeling.
Pros
get to work with a lot of different technologies
Cons
company growing pains
Not always a pleasant atmosphere
Controls Engineer Drafter (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 3, 2014
I enjoyed working here for the challenge that this job presented. The people I worked with sometimes were not always team players. I would often ask people if they needed help with a task to meet a deadline and was told that I just need to worry about what I need to get done.
Exciting working environment
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 7, 2013
Very good company to work for. I should have stayed. Great co-workers. Dealing with non-technical people at customer sites.
Pros
pay
Cons
Travel and work in the industrial field
Millwright/Welder (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2013
Installed conveyour syetems,welding, mezzeine. It was a great job but just temp work.
Pros
great pay
Industrial and productive company.
Electrical & Control Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 5, 2013
I am working as electrical engineer for the sortation system and conveyor, preparing the IO list, cable schedule and voltage drop calculation.
Really, it is very good experience and knowledge.
Pros
one hour lunch break
Recruiting Process incompetent and rude
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 25, 2013
I'm used to HR departments being somewhat useless, but Intelligrated takes the cake for the worst of the worst. A close associate of mine recently interviewed for a role at Intelligrated and was brought in for 3 rounds of interviews. Each time the promise of "we're looking to make a decision soon" was given. After a few weeks, a professional follow-up phone call would be made, only to be given a rude "we'll get back to you in a couple weeks" response. Months later, after another follow-up call they told my friend that "they are not filling the role now, but may in the future". It was very clear that their HR department was completely incompetent, not at all aware of average salary levels for given job titles. It's doubtful that things will change at Intelligrated...when you refer to their website and see their bloated "Leadership team", which consists of 22 white males.
Cons
lack of diversity, lack of respect for candidates
Great company, needs better on site leads.
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2013
Long days, customer was a big head ache. Co-workers were awesome. Management was poor
Pros
the benefits package.
Cons
lack of time off
Great Place
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 31, 2013
Intelligrated its self if a great paying company good perks and good people for the most part there are people here and there but for most part it truely is a great company to work for.