Intelligrated Employee Reviews

Indecisive and inconsistant
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 26, 2016
The company will go through spells where you practically live in the building. Then out of nowhere work dries up and offer volunteer time off. The benefits are minimal. Advancement in the company is very hard to achieve.
Could be better, could be worse, depnds on location.
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2016
Depends on the location of Intelligrated that you work at. I was at the St. Louis location and though the work/life balance there was ok, this location is more or less an ugly step child to the other locations. That said it is the most lean/best run location which makes it a bit of a paradox. I find it increasingly frustrating how no money is expended on this location compared with the other 3 sister locations. All that said, the stress level at work is reasonably low and there are a handful of interesting projects that I am involved in. Depends on your job title, and location, but overall could be better places to work and there are definitely worse.
Great Place to Work with Lots of Dedicated People
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 31, 2016
Intelligrated is a good place to be.
Lots of Travel are REQUIRED! Workload varies greatly and there are lots of feast and famine cycles.
Management has lots of good people
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Amount of Travel
Have definitely work better places
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 22, 2016
This was my first commercial job. I've always done commercial work and I just thinking about intellagrade as you're inside know right now it's your money is always there. The worst thing about it is instead of hiring a 30 guys that know what they're doing and give them real journeyman pay they will hire 75 guys thats barely capable of driving a car to work and over pay them then constantly get on the leads because not enough being done.
Pros
No rain outs
Cons
Butt chewing every morning. Leads and journeyman underpaid
Zero Work life balance and poor upper managment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 10, 2016
The project teams are sent to project sites for months at a time with maybe a weekend or two off a month. The days are long usually 10-12 when onsite which is somewhere between 50-80% of the year.
The sales and concerting groups cut every corner they can which usually ends up trickling down on the engineers to fix the problems and get reprimanded when the physical system doesn't perform to the theoretical max. No incentive to do better since no matter how good and under budget you are on a project you will get the same 2% "profit share" bonus each year. The Upper management cares only about quantity of projects and the Quality of the work has been cut dramatically due to tighter schedules and rushed designs.
Pros
Co workers are great people
Cons
Management, No work/Life balance, Long hours, and Below average compensation.
Bought out by investment group 3 months ago
Mechanical Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 23, 2015
They were bought out. Kept it pretty secret and the culture has been shifting pretty drastically since I started there.
Fun work place with high learning curve.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2015
Product oriented company with sincere management. Pretty good work culture too. Support learning and growth. everybody is helpful. Short duration projects and variety of work to do. Some time the work gets monotonous but otherwise interesting enough make you to go to office everyday.
Pros
high learning curve, growth and team oriented workplace
Cons
limited technology scope
Fast Growing Company with a touch of chaos
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 25, 2015
Office hours are minimal in this job. Most of the work is done in distribution centers around the US and some Internationally. If you enjoy traveling and don't mind being gone 3 out of 4 weeks at times then you would enjoy this company. The culture is a bit outdated and feels like an 80's workplace. The company does offer solid benefits and average pay ranges. The industry is growing quickly and will have stability for many years.
Pros
Overtime, good benefits
Cons
Lots of travel, work hours vary based on the job.
Program Manager
Program/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 4, 2015
Poor middle management. Employee work/life balance is poor. The company is only concerned about it's bottom line and not the well-being of those who work there.
It has been fine so far.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 8, 2015
I have been here for about 2 years there is no room for moving up. Also, work is limited, it gets quite boring if you are not on the road. Many times trips are not thoroughly planned.
better place to work
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 12, 2014
Honestly I wouldn't have left the military if I wasn't deployed so much, I love the military but the deployment took a told on me.
Good place to work.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAOctober 21, 2014
great company, room for advancement, and great starting benefits.
Pros
great starting pay
Cons
you are a contractor
8 years at Intelligrated
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 3, 2014
Great owners, really poor middle management. Good benefits but cyclical. HR is terrible.
Good workplace, great employees.
American owned.
Inconsistent management and a little cutthroat at the middle mgmnt level.
Pros
good employees
Cons
bad middle management
Good up and coming company
mechanical engineer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 4, 2014
Was a good work experience. I worked with concept and estimating to help establish what customers were going to get as an end result. I worked heavyly with AutoCAD while working there along with some SolidWorks, to build their conveyor systems for the customer.
Great vision with not much structure
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 27, 2014
The training given is mostly hands on.by indivuals that are still learning themselves.The classroom training is bare minimum and not well organized. A survey was sent out by management to determine what level of knowledge the employees felt they comfortably had. This survey was basically like the table of contents of a book and you had to grade each chapter just on the title of it in the table of contents.

The company started out saying "Do what you can to make the customer happy." Now the customers are comfortable with that philosophy, the company only wants the systems to run as they were designed. Most customers want to get more than what their system was designed for, so do we make the customer happy or keep the system in design specifications? The planned maintenance system is not really reasonable. The times called for in the system do not match the time most jobs take. This is mostly due to the fact that the company has not impressed upon the customer that planned maintenance will prevent more unexpected costly down time than it will cost them to plan access to the machine. So most hour to two hour maintenance jobs get squeezed into two twenty minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch break and the customer gets charged the full time for the job.

Also, the company is existing on the whim of the customer way too much. Instead of fighting for employees that the customer may or may not have issues with, the company is quick to discharge the said employee at the minorest infraction.
Pros
co-workers tend to be team oriented
Cons
taining lacking, company has not established a solid way of dealing with customers.
productive work environment busy
Mechanical Installer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 19, 2014
Enjoyed working with company but was only temp work would be great if didn't have family so could travel with company
Wonderful place to be, an organization filled with great people!
Supervisor, Mechanical Engineering (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 1, 2014
It is a pleasure to work at Intelligrated where every day offers the opportunity to work with wonderful Engineers who are both knowledgable and passionate about designing great automated material handling systems. Very customer oriented company with a sound Project Management system in place to maintain project integrity. Very well qualified Management at the helm with a clear succession plan. Hardest part of the job is dealing with dynamic customer base and some mediocre technology in some areas.
Pros
good work/life balance, good customers and a great cafeteria serving breakfast, lunch and take home dinner
Cons
some weak areas of technology regarding proprietary cad system, erp and pm systems
Good company to work for with growing pains
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Overall, Intelligrated is a good company to work for with fair compensation. A typical week in the office consisted on meetings, document/drawing/schematic creation with scheduled deadlines and deliverables. A typical week on a job site always varied depending on location and time of year.

I learned about a variety of products and communiations such as AB, Wago, Schneider, Profibus, Devicenet, and Controlnet in both PC and PLC controlled systems.

I got along great with my immediate bosses but I didn't have as much of a relationship with upper management because I was not in a position to see them on a regular basis so it is hard for me to comment on the overall management.

The hardest part of the job was hitting a schedule with a moving target of deliverables because of repeated customer changes. It can be done and has been done but it can be a painful process.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing that I was contributing in the design for the material handling needs of big name companies. I always thought that was a pretty cool feeling.
Pros
get to work with a lot of different technologies
Cons
company growing pains
Not always a pleasant atmosphere
Controls Engineer Drafter (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 3, 2014
I enjoyed working here for the challenge that this job presented. The people I worked with sometimes were not always team players. I would often ask people if they needed help with a task to meet a deadline and was told that I just need to worry about what I need to get done.
Exciting working environment
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 7, 2013
Very good company to work for. I should have stayed. Great co-workers. Dealing with non-technical people at customer sites.
Pros
pay