A pioneer in connected car technology, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) of Waterloo, Ontario is dedicated to developing and commercializing real connected car solutions. The company’s innovative technology includes iLane™, an award-winning human machine interface (HMI) for in-car media, messaging and location based services as well as DriveSync®, a machine to machine (M2M) platform that powers usage-based insurance, road tolling and fleet programs globally. IMS’ unique approach uses both over-the-air and secure, in-car technology that allows drivers to access on-demand content from the cloud such as weather, real-time traffic and music as well as in-car content including emails, text messages and smart telephony apps from your smartphone.
Who we are searching for:
Reporting to the Director, Sales, you will be responsible for acquiring new business as well as managing and leveraging existing clientele across Canada. You will help us promote our M2M and HMI solutions for Young Drivers, Fleets and related targets and verticals throughout Canada.
As such, you will have a history of providing a consultative sales approach to clients with a long sales cycle. In addition, selling technology solutions to senior executives at automotive insurance companies in Canada and beyond would be a great asset in this role. Strong business acumen and sales development skills are also required to build revenue growth and to ensure that IMS remains a leading telematics services provider.
Your role at IMS:
- In collaboration with Sales Leadership, develop and implement a sales plan including objectives, goals, strategies and measures for Canada.
- Drive sales to meet and exceed quarterly sales and profitability targets.
- Effectively draw upon IMS resources throughout the sales and business development process to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times.
- Engage with Product Management, Marketing, Finance and Legal to win and close competitive deals including responding to RFI’s, RFP’s as well as completion of Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work etc.
- Stay abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position IMS in the marketplace, gather and process market and competitive business intelligence.
- Collaborate with IMS R&D in the development of new technology opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and quality sales records and prepare sales and activity reports as required.
- As an experienced presenter, lead business case workshops, collaborate on the development of client testimonials and white papers, and lead multi-stakeholder and executive interviews.
- Represent IMS at trade shows, events and customer/partner forums.
Skills you bring to IMS:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience ideally selling technology solutions. Selling to auto insurance companies or the automotive aftermarket is a plus.
- Proven track record of success meeting and exceeding revenue and margin targets.
- Ability to assess risks, plan mitigation measures and execute on these measures.
- Proven track record of cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing and technical management.
- Strong business acumen and judgement.
- Ability to work independently and with a team with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
- Relevant Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
A pioneer in connected car technology, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) of Waterloo, Ontario is dedicated to developing and...