Junior Administrative Assistant
Our small and quickly expanding company on the south side of Edmonton is seeking candidates for a Junior Administrative Assistant to begin immediately.
We are looking for a bright, positive and dependable person to join our team. The successful candidate will be the first impression on the phone and in person for our clients and employees.
As part of a small administrative team serving an office of 60 coworkers, you will have many regular admin tasks, but you may also receive requests to assist in other departments when required.
· Problem solving
· Time management and organization
· Effective written and oral communication, both in person and with remote personnel
· Able to take direction
· Ability to foster positive relationships with clients and coworkers
· Ability to switch priorities quickly and calmly
· Internet research
The tasks and activities for this position include but are not limited to;
· General reception
· Filing (electronic and hard copies)
· Ordering and maintenance of all office and maintenance supplies
· Scheduling meetings
· Coordinating office services
· Booking corporate travel
· Preparing cross-border courier shipments
· Receive/distribute mail/faxes
· Order lunches or special occasion meals
· Be the office expert with fax machines, photocopiers, phone systems etc.
· Assist with social activities and event planning
· Assist management and coworkers with special projects
Experience and Education
· Administrative diploma or certificate an asset
· 1-5 years’ administrative experience
· Experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
· Mature, dependable, positive
· Able to work independently
· Detail oriented
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Fluent English
· Strong documentation skills
Security clearances must be obtainable.
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced imaging systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools in an effort to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
We have developed a suite of integrated technologies that include thermal imaging, digital imaging, radiation detection, and laser scanning systems. Our technologies, our expertise and our cultivated partnerships with proven technology providers enable us to create the most advanced safety and security enforcement systems available in the marketplace today. Our core markets are transportation safety and security, law enforcement and public security.
Intelligent Imaging Systems’ head office is in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada with sales offices located in Edmonton, Alberta; Vancouver, British Columbia; Frankfort, Kentucky; and California. This position will be based out of Edmonton.
This position offers a competitive salary, and medical, dental and life insurance benefits.
Please submit resume and include salary expectation and availability.