IntelliView is a provider of leading-edge intelligent video solutions for industrial video surveillance applications offering customized solution packages to enhance safety and security for our clients. These solutions incorporate patented video analytics and image processing technologies to detect, identify, and track objects and then analyze surveillance footage to generate pre-programmed notification alarms, all in real-time. Please visit our web site at http://www.intelliview.ca/ to learn more about our company.
The Test Engineer/Technologist position is part of the R&D department and in this role is responsible for testing and validating Software Releases, new features and hardware as well as developing and maintaining the test environment. A major portion of the role will be directed towards creation and maintenance of an automated test program. It is expected that the successful candidate will also contribute to a number of other areas of the company including feature definition, customer service, quality assurance, and operations. IntelliView is a small dynamic company and opportunities to be involved and impact the success of the company abound.
- Test and validate Product Releases and Features including lab, field and environmental testing
- Build and maintain test lab and overall test environment
- Create and maintain product test plans and test procedures
- Develop, or at a minimum, maintain and configure the automated test program
- Provide feedback for troubleshooting defects and product improvements
- Own the test role in the defect tracking data base including reporting and driving issue closure
- Assist in the development and verification of product specifications and manuals
- Assist in troubleshooting and servicing Customer Field installation
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area
Post-secondary Technologist diploma and/or Engineering degree in electronics or computer engineering technology or an approved alternative (telecommunication/network engineering/information technology). A combination of other education, training and/or experience may also be viewed as equivalent to our requirements.
The following skills and experience will be considered an asset:
- Testing and validating product and/or software releases to specifications and 3rd party software interoperability
- Experience with JIRA, Subversion, RMsis
- Experience with Python, Tcl, C++ or other programming languages
- Knowledge of Networking & Communication, including RF
- Microsoft Windows environment (XP/Windows 7/Server 2003)
- Knowledge of computer hardware, components, driver software installation/update
- Knowledge of CAT5/RJ45/Ethernet, BNC cabling
- Exposure to product certification & regulatory standards: ULC, CE, CSA, FCC, IP, Nema
- Working with electronic modules and circuits: soldering, safe practices, interconnecting, compatibility
- Possession of a valid Driver's License, and be willing to travel.
- Proficient English communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule activities to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions
- A team player, who shows respect, thrives on excellence, has a positive attitude and takes pride in achievements
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard