Intel

Intel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to learn and grow as a Software Engineer
Validation Triage/Debug Engineer (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: nice location, working with brilliant people, job culture is great.
Cons: middle management, jealous co-workers, political infighting between teams.
An awesome place to work if you are an Internal Contract Employee, an Intern, or a full-time employee. I was unfortunate to have been a "green badge" contingent worker, and it was tough. Had to always go through managers to deal with conflicting ideas or issues that arose from arrogant full-time workers. The challenge of the work was great and kept – more... me always on my toes. When you fixed a mission critical problem for the group you felt accomplished. Loved working with my co-workers in my team to tackle huge problems.

Sometimes, because of the corporate size of the company, took forever to gain traction on new ideas or features that should be added to tools, or to your local groups work. Fixes for internally developed tools were hindered by political strife between the tools and development teams. – less
Tool Install Desing
Design Lead (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 24, 2014
• Responsible for Mechanical and Process Engineering/Design (3D)/IT/Development.
• Led a team of 6+ engineers in design for process equipment installation and 3D modeling (BIM, Base Build) for Intel (D1X, D1C, & Virtual Factories).
• Provided Process Engineering & support, Management of Engineering Projects Design & Development (Visual Basics, AutoLISP).
 – more... Responsible to oversee a group of designers to follow the requirements on schedule.
• Managed the design process according to the schedule within Tool Install disciplines: General, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural (GAMES) compiled into the engineering packages according to the TICE/TAD requirements.
• Managed all aspects in Design Reviews of development.
• Oversaw production, installation, operations, and maintenance for project.
• Complied with installation practices, BOCA, ASTM, and Mechanical Codes.
• Experienced with machining practices; including tolerances (GD&T), sizing and specifying machinery and process equipment.
• Assisted for the group of Research and Development SBUs in 3D design, Virtual Factory and actual manufacturing stages.
• Responsible for development of system concepts, resolving design and implementation issues and performing system acceptance.
• Led the development project / programming for global Standardization tool (Plug-in to AutoCAD, MEP, Revit, Inventor) implementing an automation tools and User Interfaces (UI) for CAD (2D-3D) operators and engineers in design and Tool Installation processes using software languages: Visual Basic (VB); AutoLISP, Java, JavaScript, HTML, .NET for Intel globalization of CAD/Engineering Standards and disciplines.
• Tools development was for efficiency and effectiveness of project completion improvement with the target mark on 30% of cost-cut.
• Supported mechanical structural and general disciplines to aid designers in implementing standard routines and utilizing updated requirements upon release within the software interface.
Environment: CAD 2-3D, Ms. Office; Programming, Thermal transfer, Hydraulics, pneumatics, JavaScript, Java, Visual Basic, HTML, AutoLISP, .NET – less
Great for Full Time Employees/Not so great for Contractors
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), FolsomJune 23, 2014
Pros: great for full time employees
Cons: not so great for contractors
I was well paid as a full time employee and a great place to be employed the 8 years I was a blue badge. It is a concerning culture difference when you are employed as a contractor.
Great Place to Work
Ops Management (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 20, 2014
Great hard working people! Fun place to work.
Great cross functional and diverse teams.
Never a dull moment.
Good work experience
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 19, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: because of ip issues there is not a lot of collaboration between departments
I was an intern for Intel. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. The management structure is pretty flat but there are a lot of lateral job movements that can be made.
Productive and fun place to work.
Software Engineer (Internship) (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 18, 2014
Excellent work environment
Good co-ordination with co-workers
Most enjoyable par of the job is friendly nature of employees
Great life work balance
Training and Performance Systems Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 14, 2014
Intel is a great place to work and provides resources for constant improvement
Very engaging and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Folsom,CAJune 13, 2014
The job environment was very supportive and engaging to my skills
Good place to learn
Graduate technical intern (Current Employee), Folsom, CAJune 13, 2014
Good place to learn and apply the coursework to real world hardware design
Like the environment. Not too much pressure.
Validation Test Engineer (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 10, 2014
The management encourages the attitude of troubleshooting the issues. That is a much needed help in testing.
Inspiring and fun place
User Experience and Video production Intern (Former Employee), 北京市, C22June 10, 2014
Pros: inspiring, teamwork, with pay
Cons: relatively serious work place
My internship in Intel was my first internship and really impressed me a lot. My decision to learn further and work in UX field is also based on this internship experience.

I collaborated with Pocket Avatar team in developing a mobile application on iOS and Android platforms and participated in user research and usability evaluation. I designed seventeen – more... audio effects, tested twenty-three avatars' facial animations and produced three videos for product promotion and team building. In other words, I practiced almost every aspect of knowledge I learned before at Intel. And then I found my huge excitement and interest about UX and interaction design.

There were several interns and most of them are with major in Computer science or Information technology. I began to realize that coding and programming is still fundamental for UX so I started to learn some codes by myself like JaveScript. – less
Fun Workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee), BelfastJune 10, 2014
I only was in for one week of work experience, but while there I found it a extremely nice environment to be in.
Process Engineering position requires a lot of on call work
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJune 9, 2014
Pros: good compensation, good benefits, interesting problems to work on.
Cons: the job requires that a person is available for weekdays, weeknights and weekends.
A typical day has many challenges and can be exciting. It can be difficult to move longer term projects along as you may be constantly putting out fires or keeping daily priorities on track. As a process engineer, you may also be required to have your phone with you and be where you can respond either by phone or computer.
Good company to work for.
Graphics Hardware Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Folsom, CAJune 8, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours, good work and personal life balance.
Working at Intel was good so far. Got to learn many new things.
Post Silicon Validation Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 5, 2014
The freedom given at work place is the pull in factor of Intel.
fast paced challenging and fun environment
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 5, 2014
great place to work if you like new challenges - fast development cycles.
A fun workplace.
Analog Designer (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 5, 2014
You don't have to go out to take a break, just march your steps to the cafeteria. Everyday you will find some activities going on there.
Project: Memory Application to generate the different write/read patterns The project is to develop an application which can generate several data pat
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: senior consultant
Cons: memory application to generate the different write/read patterns
Responsibilities:
• Developed several algorithms for generating several data patterns
• Added several options to the application to choose particular algorithm for data and address generation.
• Developed separate flows to support different kinds of memory access
• Developed the application using C language and Assembly instructions
• Maintaining the – more... versions using CVS and sending the release notes for each release.
• Wrapper developed in Python for instantiating multi-threaded application and running with other applications
• Supported the issues seen in the tool across all the teams for several projects.
Environment: C, Assembly Language, CVS, Python, Linux – less
Very good company with great people.
SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 29, 2014
I was very happy working for Intel. I had a wonderful manager and I enjoyed working at very interesting projects.
This was a good paying job.
Manufacturing\Equipment Technician\ERT (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 29, 2014
I had a great using my educated background Degree at this job and learn a lot about safety at Intel.

About Intel

There's more inside ​Intel​ than you ever imagined. We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have – Read more