Intel

Intel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice perks and work schedule
Facility Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2014
Good discounts on Intel related products.
What I learned there I can not discuss.
Loved the people I got to work with on regular basis.
fast paced, open learning opportunities, dynamic people
Reliability Engineering Technician II (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 1, 2014
Worked developing 8086 microprocessor products. Had the chance to learn the entire operation front to back and was able to be hands on with the entire process.
Technology Leader
Platform power integration lead (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJuly 1, 2014
Pros: annual checkup, onsite doctor/nurse, gym, free fruits and beverages
Cons: not enough breaks, it has to be self managed
Working at Intel rep in memory industry and working with Intel organization across the globe has been rewarding, it has exposed the complexity of leading multi-cultural teams and brought a huge sense of achievement in leading multiple-successfully projects.
The technical problem to solve is challenging and full-filling.
The team of engineers that I – more... had an opportunity to work alongside are world class and inspiring.
Defining technology that is far reaching impact and improves everyday life of individuals by bringing knowledge and information is rewarding in itself. There is an added pride when my family and friends are connected and progressing in life due to the technologies that I have part of development and design is wonderful
As enjoyable it is to lead a team of technical experts across the globe, it does come with a cost of personal time management. I am glad I have figured out how to maintain family time and still keeping the project going successfully. – less
Work Life Balance
Sr. Staff Software Engineer and Software Architect (Current Employee), ShanghaiJune 30, 2014
can learn lots of new staff
people are very smart
good team work enviroment
A great company for which to work
America's Wellness Program Manager (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: benefits and opportunities are excellent
Cons: demanding work that can be stressful
Have thirty years at various positions within Intel. Intel has been good to me and given me lots of opportunities. It is very demanding of it's employees and their growth in skills and responsibility.
Highly skilled, technically-savvy, and friendly workforce
Software Tools /Build Engineer (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJune 26, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive and fun place to learn and grow as a Software Engineer
Validation Triage/Debug Engineer (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: nice location, working with brilliant people, job culture is great.
Cons: middle management, jealous co-workers, political infighting between teams.
An awesome place to work if you are an Internal Contract Employee, an Intern, or a full-time employee. I was unfortunate to have been a "green badge" contingent worker, and it was tough. Had to always go through managers to deal with conflicting ideas or issues that arose from arrogant full-time workers. The challenge of the work was great and kept – more... me always on my toes. When you fixed a mission critical problem for the group you felt accomplished. Loved working with my co-workers in my team to tackle huge problems.

Sometimes, because of the corporate size of the company, took forever to gain traction on new ideas or features that should be added to tools, or to your local groups work. Fixes for internally developed tools were hindered by political strife between the tools and development teams. – less
Tool Install Desing
Design Lead (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 24, 2014
• Responsible for Mechanical and Process Engineering/Design (3D)/IT/Development.
• Led a team of 6+ engineers in design for process equipment installation and 3D modeling (BIM, Base Build) for Intel (D1X, D1C, & Virtual Factories).
• Provided Process Engineering & support, Management of Engineering Projects Design & Development (Visual Basics, AutoLISP).
 – more... Responsible to oversee a group of designers to follow the requirements on schedule.
• Managed the design process according to the schedule within Tool Install disciplines: General, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural (GAMES) compiled into the engineering packages according to the TICE/TAD requirements.
• Managed all aspects in Design Reviews of development.
• Oversaw production, installation, operations, and maintenance for project.
• Complied with installation practices, BOCA, ASTM, and Mechanical Codes.
• Experienced with machining practices; including tolerances (GD&T), sizing and specifying machinery and process equipment.
• Assisted for the group of Research and Development SBUs in 3D design, Virtual Factory and actual manufacturing stages.
• Responsible for development of system concepts, resolving design and implementation issues and performing system acceptance.
• Led the development project / programming for global Standardization tool (Plug-in to AutoCAD, MEP, Revit, Inventor) implementing an automation tools and User Interfaces (UI) for CAD (2D-3D) operators and engineers in design and Tool Installation processes using software languages: Visual Basic (VB); AutoLISP, Java, JavaScript, HTML, .NET for Intel globalization of CAD/Engineering Standards and disciplines.
• Tools development was for efficiency and effectiveness of project completion improvement with the target mark on 30% of cost-cut.
• Supported mechanical structural and general disciplines to aid designers in implementing standard routines and utilizing updated requirements upon release within the software interface.
Environment: CAD 2-3D, Ms. Office; Programming, Thermal transfer, Hydraulics, pneumatics, JavaScript, Java, Visual Basic, HTML, AutoLISP, .NET – less
Great for Full Time Employees/Not so great for Contractors
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), FolsomJune 23, 2014
Pros: great for full time employees
Cons: not so great for contractors
I was well paid as a full time employee and a great place to be employed the 8 years I was a blue badge. It is a concerning culture difference when you are employed as a contractor.
Great Place to Work
Ops Management (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 20, 2014
Great hard working people! Fun place to work.
Great cross functional and diverse teams.
Never a dull moment.
Good work experience
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 19, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: because of ip issues there is not a lot of collaboration between departments
I was an intern for Intel. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. The management structure is pretty flat but there are a lot of lateral job movements that can be made.
Productive and fun place to work.
Software Engineer (Internship) (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 18, 2014
Excellent work environment
Good co-ordination with co-workers
Most enjoyable par of the job is friendly nature of employees
Great life work balance
Training and Performance Systems Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 14, 2014
Intel is a great place to work and provides resources for constant improvement
Very engaging and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Folsom,CAJune 13, 2014
The job environment was very supportive and engaging to my skills
Good place to learn
Graduate technical intern (Current Employee), Folsom, CAJune 13, 2014
Good place to learn and apply the coursework to real world hardware design
Like the environment. Not too much pressure.
Validation Test Engineer (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 10, 2014
The management encourages the attitude of troubleshooting the issues. That is a much needed help in testing.
Inspiring and fun place
User Experience and Video production Intern (Former Employee), 北京市, C22June 10, 2014
Pros: inspiring, teamwork, with pay
Cons: relatively serious work place
My internship in Intel was my first internship and really impressed me a lot. My decision to learn further and work in UX field is also based on this internship experience.

I collaborated with Pocket Avatar team in developing a mobile application on iOS and Android platforms and participated in user research and usability evaluation. I designed seventeen – more... audio effects, tested twenty-three avatars' facial animations and produced three videos for product promotion and team building. In other words, I practiced almost every aspect of knowledge I learned before at Intel. And then I found my huge excitement and interest about UX and interaction design.

There were several interns and most of them are with major in Computer science or Information technology. I began to realize that coding and programming is still fundamental for UX so I started to learn some codes by myself like JaveScript. – less
Fun Workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee), BelfastJune 10, 2014
I only was in for one week of work experience, but while there I found it a extremely nice environment to be in.
Process Engineering position requires a lot of on call work
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJune 9, 2014
Pros: good compensation, good benefits, interesting problems to work on.
Cons: the job requires that a person is available for weekdays, weeknights and weekends.
A typical day has many challenges and can be exciting. It can be difficult to move longer term projects along as you may be constantly putting out fires or keeping daily priorities on track. As a process engineer, you may also be required to have your phone with you and be where you can respond either by phone or computer.

About Intel

There's more inside ​Intel​ than you ever imagined. We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have – Read more