Intel

Intel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Chandler ArizonOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free coffee and fruits
Best company to work for!!!
No discrimination what so ever, help is available anytime you needed.
Safety of employee is the number one concern, great benefits...
It is a nice work culture with good work life balance.
Mask Designer (Current Employee), folsomOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free fruits, drinks, events like halloween etc.
Cons: too much work stress.
I like to work here.I feel I have grown technically and personality wise as well. The trainings made me enhance my skills.
Clean and safe work environment
Journeyman Electrican (Former Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 27, 2014
Lots of paperwork to keep you safe and aware of what task is at hand.
Fast Paced work environment with good benefits
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Ocotillo, AZOctober 26, 2014
Pros: sabbatical, perks, job security
Cons: long hours, no clear training/advancement opportunities, manager heavy
It requires a lot of effort and patience, but it is a changing environment and the benefits and perks are very good. It can be fun at times and very difficult at other times
The #1 Silicon Manufacturer in the World
Software Validation Technician III (Former Employee), Folsom, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: very well organized sponsored company functions.
Cons: too many meetings.
Very relaxed atmosphere makes it enjoyable even in crunch time. Made many new friends and acquaintances from all over the world. Have been to many social gatherings outside of the company FOR the company.
Very forward moving company
Sr. Process / Equipment Engineer (Former Employee), Hudson, MAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: sabbatical, bonuses
Cons: long hours when a crisis hits
I work for Intel the last 15 years and have learned a lot in engineering. Intel has a very organized change process which keeps good control on process.
For working conditions they work you hard but with a sabbatical every 7 years makes working hard worth it.
Management is good, they keep you informed of group goals and how you play into them
Intel is an ok company
Firmware Validation Technician (Former Employee), Folsom, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: co-workers was great and made the experience enjoyable
Cons: had to speak with clients in a different time zone, engineers want their project finished and tested earlier than the suggested due date
Same things that happen at your typical computer software and hardware company. Ive learned alot about how updating and test running firmware systems on previous components and existing OS and see if they are compatible. My co-workers were great ive learned a lot from them and made feel welcome. the hardest part of the job is that there are multiple – more... times where a you will be piled with a lot of projects to do and have to complete them a short time period and one testing can last a whole work day or even more and you still have to do the other tests after that. the enjoyable part is that you were able to get hands on experience with new components. – less
great place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Hudson, MAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: they provide nurses on site to assist in any health issues, bonuses
Cons: they do work to retify any issues
Intel is one of the best company to work for, their culture is design to benefit both the company and employees. I have been able to improve my skills in safety, lean, customer and client relationship, quality in manufacturing.
Challenging and dynamic workplace environment
IT Operations Manager (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 20, 2014
Pros: strong work life balance, great benefits and bonuses
Cons: long hours, early or late meetings, no true job security
I an privileged to work with a strong global and US based team that focuses on operational quality, result and team work.
Great Place to Work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work is extremely busy with lots of activity across teams and across multiple sites. Makes the day fly by while constantly learning and adapting to new challenges in a fast paced environment.
I have learned a multitude of things it is difficult to just pick one since they all seem important.
Management is very friendly and fair. Taking – more... you at face value and awarding your for work well done.
Co-workers are very diverse and make life at Intel exciting.
The hardest part of the job is writing 360 feedback for peers, you want to fair and honest while communicating their impact to the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team environment with cutting edge technology on a daily basis and watching history being made! – less
Results oriented culture with a strong work/life balance focus
Financial Planning & Capital Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2014
Pros: strong work/life balance
Cons: slow advancement trend
Intel is a fantastic company to begin a career. The open door policy and people development focus creates a healthy work environment that fosters skill development.
Nice workplace with excellent benefits and perks
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 18, 2014
-A typical day consisted of starting your day with a pass down from the previous shift. They would inform you which machines (tools) needed maintenance or had tests that needed to be ran. From there, you were either watching the the status' of the tools to ensure they were "Up" and running or you were replacing parts for preventative maintenance reasons.
-I – more... learned a lot from this company. The biggest thing was patience. Working 12 hour days has its mental strain and it can be tough when you're constantly looking at the clock. So, to fight this, I kept myself busy by taking on other tasks. Such as, the tool control program and work area cleanliness.
-Management at this company was very good with communication from the "top". They consistently kept us updated with anything new or any changes that were being made. They were also very reasonable and got along well with the technicians.
-The co-workers I had the pleasure of working with I consider more than just co-workers. They are and will always be my friends. This company does an excellent job of keeping their employees happy. Which, in turn, makes for less stressful work environments and makes for better co-worker relationship.
-The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the monotony. Seems like it becomes groundhogs day once you enter the factory. The routine is nice at first but then it slowly starts getting boring.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with the people at Intel. Not necessarily just from my department, but others as well. Most of everyone is happy working there and it really shows when you start up a conversation. – less
A truly great place to work.
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 15, 2014
A terrific career path with excellent benefits and work/life balance.
Learned alot.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits, always a challenge.
Cons: too many managers/bosses.
I worked as a production operator in many areas and liked all my jobs. I liked the challenges the company offered. The culture and management seemed to change a lot in the 10+ years I worked there.
Computer Technician III (Former Employee), Hillsboro OROctober 14, 2014
Nice people, great work environment. Great cafeteria for breakfast and lunch. Plenty of work tools and help.
Manufacturing and perks
MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks, coffee, tea and fresh fruit, long weekends/days off
Cons: long 12 hour shifts
I worked 12 hour night shift. The beginning of each night we had passdown of toolset statuses and plan of action for the shift from previous day shift. We would split up assignments among workers and go to work from there. There was good rapport within our team and also got along well with all persons of shift.
Engineering support for toolset health – more... was good but needed 24 onsite support which did not exist. They did have on-call engineering support when needed but there were holes that existed in this system.
Management was OK, almost too many management layers, IMO.
I feel there wasn't a hard part of the job other than the long shift on the fourth shift in a row.
The camaraderie among the workers was the most enjoyable part of working there. – less
Stable, solid company
Tax Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 14, 2014
Good place to work, with smart people and reasonably good work/life balance.
A great company with amazing benefits
Project Coordinator Tool Install/Qual (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 14, 2014
Intel is a great company with amazing benefits. Unfortunately, they've built a safety culture that has grown entirely out of hand. Overall, my experience with Intel has been great.
GPTW
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), ArizonaOctober 11, 2014
Pros: work like it should be.
Cons: some people are wasting space
Great Place To Work. This place is a great representation of how a company should run. I rarely run into situations that don't make sense. Plenty of room to grow here. Coworkers are great, some are better than others.
As an MT your days can be monotonous... talk to the off-going shift, do maintenance, do operations, talk to the oncoming shift, repeat.
Exciting, leading edge technology. Excellent teamwork environment
Product engineering manager (Former Employee), Folsom, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: working on products that change the world, employee bonus
Cons: high pressure, hard to disconnect and not bring work home
There are always new challenges to solve. Provides detailed knowledge of outstanding new technology and manufacturing processes. management style allows independent thinking to creative innovative new solutions. Great group of very sharp people to work with that know how to work together to get results. I enjoyed leading a team of technically skilled – more... individuals and providing the vision to direct their efforts. It's sometimes difficult to turn off work and relax on vacations as there is always the urge to check emails since the projects never take a break. There's great satisfaction in seeing new ideas come into being an change the way we do our work in a positive way. – less

About Intel

There's more inside ​Intel​ than you ever imagined. We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have – Read more