Job Description: Are you looking to apply your editing, writing and content management skills to a variety of publishing projects? Do you excel in a fast-paced work environment and want to manage content for a variety of print and electronic publications? If you have a solid foundation of professional experience as an editor and are a master at multitasking and meeting deadlines, review this position's responsibilities, requirements and qualifications. If you believe this is an exciting and rewarding challenge and want to work for a professional development-focused company, then consider this contract opportunity.
Integrit Media is looking for an eager, detail-oriented and responsible professional to fill a Senior Coordinator role in its Editorial & Publishing Services division. This position requires a willingness to engage in a variety of projects -- ranging from research, writing, editing, and proofreading across several different publications while juggling multiple deadlines and priorities. The Coordinator will manage his or her own projects - from start to finish - while also contributing to the input of the publications and online components.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Serving as managing editor for the company’s first trade publication, including content strategy, writing, editing, production oversight, ad sales support materials and budget and schedule management;
- Serving as an assistant editor for other select online media components within the website, and social media through writing, editing, research, ad trafficking and other tasks as assigned;
- Developing social media posts to promote the content of the feature magazine.
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with clients, contributing writers/editors, graphic designers, advertisers/sponsors and client volunteer board members and volunteer editors.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or Liberal Arts (with a strong emphasis on editing and/or writing)
- At least 3-7 years of experience in a publishing environment, with related experience for a professional or trade association a plus
- Solid experience with Microsoft Operating System (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Solid experience with Associated Press Style and other practices/styles related to magazine publishing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong proficiency in time management, organizational and office skills
- High level of detail orientation
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Experience with HTML coding to create electronic publications and e-mail distribution systems a plus
Who we are: Integrit Media is a publishing and online communications company specializing in off-road related trade industries sectors. The company provides relevant and timely information to its readers and strongly relies on our process of getting feedback in order to supply high-impact content to trade industries in which we serve. Integrit Media’s office is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Our goal is to develop a Marketing & Communication services unit (MCS) that provides a range of services to the trade industries in which we serve, including marketing, communications, editorial, visual communications and market research. Magazine 1
Snow Grooming Magazine
Target Market: Snowmobile Clubs, Ski Resorts, Catski Operations, and Commercial/Industrial Use Trail Blazer throughout North America
Content Defined: Equipment and technologies, environment, weather, groomer profiles, training and education
Content Ladder provided by CEO – All contacts for stories for content will be predetermined by the CEO and provide the editor with a list of subject matter experts to call and attain information to be written for the magazine, online components and social media.
Mailing List: 2500
Issues per year: September, November, January, March (quarterly)
First issue: 56-68 pages
Content requirement: Minimum 20 pages
Words /page required: 500
Total words per issue: 10,000
Budget per issue: $3,500 (net of GST)
Contact: Integrit Media via email. Please provide resume and at least three references. REFERENCES will be called.
Indeed - 9 months ago