Position: Vice President, Operations/Service
Location: Head Office, Mississauga ON
Reports to: CEO & President
This is a key Senior Executive position, reporting directly to the company CEO & President. This position will require an experienced “hands-on”, multi-location, operations leader that is able to drive results in a fast paced, demanding customer fulfillment environment.
This position requires a Senior Executive with strong leadership skills who has a high sense of urgency and the ability to work effectively with the business’s other functions to achieve both short and long term business results. This position will also require a leader that is able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced environment with minimal direction and oversight.
Key success in this role is the ability to effectively prioritize on the business’s immediate needs by providing practical solutions to achieve daily results while working to develop long term solutions to systemic performance challenges.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Provide operational leadership for multiple branch locations within Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic with an employee base of approximately 150 employees.
- Maintain operational leadership capabilities for the business in order to meet/exceed the business’s requirements and cost objectives.
- Participate in the creation of the annual budgeting, employee merit/bonus program, business strategies and providing overall support to all operation managers.
- Responsible for building a top performing operations team and instilling a culture of accountability and being result driven, in order to meet/exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Collaborate with operations managers and human resources on all people issues to determine discipline and performance improvement strategies.
- Drive and deliver operational efficiency improvements, cost reduction efforts and streamlining of initiatives across the business in collaboration with other functional areas; by having an increased focus on process improvement and change management.
- Participate in monthly Executive review meetings of key business processes and measures, with analysis and suggestions.
- Review scorecards, reports and feedback threads for patterns, issues and successes; to contribute to the organization’s process improvement initiatives.
- Determine and communicate how well the organization is meeting stakeholder needs (employees, customers, suppliers, peers, shareholders).
- Communicate organizationally on performance data, stakeholder data and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Set expectations for organizational-level and departmental business performance, negotiates commitments and holds employee’s accountable.
- Oversees the cultural alignment and adherence to key processes:
ISO 9001 practices; Technical Solutions Process; Process Transactions Process; Supply Management Solutions
- Results Driven
- Team focus
- Logical and Factual
Required Skills, Knowledge:
- Business Degree or higher education achievement
- 10+ years previous of senior management experience in a senior leadership role in a multi-location environment with distribution experience
- Ability to provide a strategic focus on process improvement and change management
- Willing to travel and on short notice (approximately 40% travel)
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Strong knowledge of CB’s products, services and suppliers
- Good knowledge of inventory management in the context of MRO distribution
- Knowledge of industry, trends, competitors and local market
- Key customer knowledge – contact value needs, patterns
- General business accounting/acumen
- Ability to utilize systems and data for accountability and business management
- ISO 9001 working knowledge or equivalent
- Good knowledge of health and safety requirements at a branch location setting
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard