JOB TITLE: Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, General Procedures
JOB TYPE: Part Time
JOB LOCATION: Fort Langley, British Columbia, Canada
WORK SITE: Integrated Health Clinic
Integrated Health Clinic is a Naturopathic Health and Cancer Care Centre located in Fort Langley, BC. Onsite Diagnostic Ultrasound services are being developed for implementation in support of our naturopathic and cancer focused programs. We are looking for a dedicated General Sonographer eager to support the implementation of this service.
JOB SUMMARY: Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as well as within a patient focused healthcare model. Performs abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, and small parts ultrasound examinations, observing patient safety practices. Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging system, DICOM image storage and transfer, preparing patients for specific procedures, and conducting examinations utilizing applicable ultrasound techniques.
Education & Experience American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certified or Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP) certified. Must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for Diagnostic Medical Sonography procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic sonographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform sonographic examinations in compliance with applicable standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external centres.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized DICOM image transfer system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.