Intermediate Vegetation Specialist/Ecologists:
Integrated Environments is a growing environmental management company with exciting opportunities. We are a Calgary based company that provides our clients with strategic management services relating to industrial development. We are currently seeking a vegetation specialist to incorporate into our dynamic terrestrial team. You will provide significant input into the further development of our IEL team and provide options for improving current industry standard programs, evolving processes to be more efficient with higher relevance.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 4-7+ years of experience (including significant field experience);
- Vegetation field experience, including surveys and monitoring;
- Excellent knowledge of rare plant species;
- Experience in the preparation of various regulatory reports (EIA, EAP, EFR, PDA etc.);
- Possess a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a related discipline (B. Sc. Biology, Ecology, Env. Sc.);
- Preferred P. Bio designation or in process of obtaining;
- Experience in Alberta (and preferably in British Columbia);
- Experience in oil and gas sector;
- Have the ability to work in both office and field settings;
- Minimum basic knowledge in geographic information systems (GIS);
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Project Management;
- Provide leadership;
- 10-15% field work;
- Prepare and Manage monitoring and field programs;
- Preparation of submissions to various regulatory bodies;
- Train and mentor junior staff;
- Participate in meetings involving clients and regulatory bodies;
- Development of vegetation and wetland monitoring programs
- Prepare technical reports for submission to clients and regulating authorities.
- Be willing to learn, participate and play a key role in other aspects of the environmental consulting field such as vegetation programs and/or regulatory reporting as required.
- Work as a team to conduct field work related to monitoring client programs.
Integrated Environment Staff enjoy:
- Additional compensation (bonus and RRSP matching)
- Fitness subsidy
- Location close to downtown
- Free parking at Office
Integrated provides challenging opportunities. We look for individuals that are technically savvy and contribute to our enjoyable work environment. For further information on Integrated Environments, visit our website at www.integrated-environments.com
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard