Integrated Environments Ltd. (IEL) is currently recruiting for Environmental Planner/Engineer to work in Calgary. This position will initially fill a Project Assignment working within the corporate head office of a major client for 9-12 months and continue following this period. The Position Assignment will see the successful candidate support and conduct training for Environment Inspectors, general inspectors and additional construction field staff on a variety of projects. The successful candidate will work closely with a growing Pipeline Planning and Inspection team, and continued development of our linear corridor management programs.
Integrated Environments Ltd (IEL) is a Calgary based company providing clients with strategic management services relating to industrial development, good governance, and optimal environmental and social performance. Working through a network of associates, IEL provides services to clients on both small and large projects.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in the intersection of natural sciences and engineering to join our environmental consulting team and advance their career. This role is suited to motivated enthusiastic individuals with a strong technical background.
This position will be located in Downtown Calgary and will be a full-time term, salaried position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support and conduct training for Environment Inspectors, general inspectors and additional construction field staff on a variety of projects;
- Interaction with the Environmental Planner, Project Manager, Construction manager and additional office and field project staff to ensure Environmental Protection Plans, contingency plans, best management practices, mitigation measures and corporate policies and procedures are being implemented;
- Discussions with regulators to understand intent and interpretation of approval conditions and obtain additional regulatory permits at the field office level;
- Interactions with construction contractors to ensure they understand the intent and application of corporate policy and project level Environmental Protection Plans, contingency plans, best management practices and mitigation measures;
- Support and provide expertise on field implementation of Operations related environmental programs;
- On-Site Inspection of construction activities, performance audits and daily technical issue management ;
- Perform daily consistency and performance meetings, input to Environmental Inspection reporting processes and data management;
- Review of Environmental Inspections reports and logs;
- Input to corporate environmental procedures for all inspection functions;
The successful candidate will possess a degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or Geology or related fields. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge in working on environmental site inspection and pipeline projects with a minimum of 5 years of experience, of which 2 would be field construction in the pipeline and/or oilfield sectors.
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership with a track record of managing professionals and oil and gas projects in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, write reports, provide quality control and assurance and present results to clients
- Excellence in communication and collaboration skills that facilitate detailed planning, timely decision-making and efficient implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of the various provincial and federal environmental regulations and guidelines is required
- BSc degree in Environmental Sciences, EngineeringGeology or equivalent.
- Project management experience including budget tracking, cost estimating, schedule preparation, and invoice management considered an asset
- 5+ years of professional experience with 2 years in field
A high degree of work hour flexibility continued professional development encouraged. Increasing responsibility, project diversity, and industry training. Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
IEL offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, RRSP’s, and Fitness benefits. IEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.