Our Cambridge based client is a water treatment company and a major manufacturer/ distributor in Canada and the U.S. servicing residential and commercial customers through plumbing and heating wholesale distribution. The company manufactures and sells a full line of water softeners, filters, reverse osmosis (RO), ultraviolet (UV) drinking water systems and pump products. In addition, the company distributes a full range of additional water treatment products such as cartridge filters, distillation units, chemical feed pumps, chemicals and media. As a result of growth within our market we are commencing a search for a Demand Planner.
The Demand Planner will be responsible for planning and executing effective replenishment, forecasting and inventory management.
Specific Job Function:
Designing and generating weekly and monthly statistical, KPI reports, and analyses.
- Manage and Forecast at SKU level, current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
- Co-manage approximately 15,000 individual skus including planning collaboration with the US and Asian Demand Planners
- Safety Stock management at destination for Asian based suppliers.
- Statistical Data Analysis – Validate and review both supplier and demand forecasts.
- Supplier Capacity Management – Insure short-term and long term sustainability of suppliers through growth and downturns in demand.
- Supplier Forecasting – Provide component forecast out 12 months, update as needed.
- Inventory Management – Insure supplier shipments align with inventory turns goals.
- Provide buyer support and analysis of re-directing orders as required.
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with Product Managers, reviewing recommended sales forecasts prior to monthly S&OP meeting.
- Support VMI, BPO, and ROP initiatives.
- Manage aged inventory and mark-down strategy accordingly, analyze and react to financial, market, customer and supply dates in partnership with retail team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Five or more years experience as a demand / inventory planner ideally experience within retail / wholesale/commercial environment.
- Experience with DRP/MRP systems.
- Knowledge of development and management of key performance metrics; heavy focus on Forecast Accuracy, Total Inventory, Turns, Margin contributions, and OTIF/OTS.
- University degree (Business, engineering or related field)
- CPIM preferred
- Up to 10% Travel
Applicants are encouraged to reply to this posting by forwarding a cover letter and resume in confidence.
Integral HR Solutions Inc. provides leadership & management training as well as Human Resources support to a wide variety of clients....