Integral Energy Services Employee Reviews

Seriously, avoid at all costs
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 October 2017
I read the reviews here and unfortunately decided to ignore them..

If you enjoy:
18+hr travel days, unpaid
Arriving at camp after 11pm, not being fed dinner, then having to wake up at 4:45am
Sitting in airports for several hours waiting for connecting flights
Having to most likely pay for your own flights, especially if your flights costs more than $450
Paying your own baggage both ways
Being super rushed but yet no one knows what they’re doing
Working in an environment that lacks proper safety and training

...Then this is the company for you!

In all seriousness, this company lacks proper management, training, safety, incentives, and on top of all that- You have a ton of costs to pay out of your own pocket.

Work elsewhere, trust me.
Pros
They pay you
Cons
See review.
Worst company ever
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta25 May 2017
Third year foreman's that have only been promoted because they know somebody. Management is so terrible and inexperienced that its no wonder they never get anything done. Avoid working for them at all costs.
Horrible company, Horrible management
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB1 May 2017
This company makes you do a 'fit for work test' prior to employement. The test is a highly intrusive medical and medial history questionnaire and requires you to strip almost naked and be felt up and put through various strenuous physical mobility and ability tests by someone who may or may not have taken some kineaseology courses and who is an amateur at best, not professional. It is like discrimination before you even get hired, and should be outlawed. The people they hire as managers and supervisors really have very little professional experience, but huge egos and high expectations, and are generally all very rammy, and cant plan anything ahead. If a safety concern gets raised, you can rest assured that person will make the layoff list. If you are good at being a brown-noser and taking every shortcut necesscary to get a poor quality job done quickly, and dont mind putting your health and safety at risk, and that of others around you, then you will thrive working for this company.
Pros
Get a job
Cons
Hate your life
Misleading
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2017
Mislead from Head office with information. Just wanted to fill positions for work not even in my trade area. Essentially complete opposite information from Head office than what actually was happening in the field. Grease ball company imo, the worst of the energy services companies in Alberta.

Though the crew I was with were a good bunch of guys to bad management were clueless like most places you work.
Brutal company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  CNRL17 February 2017
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. They put apprentices in top positions all over the company that have neither the experience or knowledge to know what they're doing. And they have a do as I say or leave mentality. When knowledgable people offer their opinions they get treated very poorly. And because of this the quality of work with Integral is absolute garbage
Safety Lead CNRL
HSE Lead, CNRL Alberta (Former Employee) –  CNRL Fort McMurray2 January 2017
I enjoyed working in a fast pace environment with Integral at CNRL. Spending 31 months in my role I was able to implement supervision tracing, revised company orientation creating Power point presentation, to stream line the on board process of new employees.

They provided and supported me in my ability to grow, (example 2 Day Tap Root course)

Over all very positive and supportive place to work.
Pros
Training
Cons
Need more support in developing a good Safety culture
Awful company , watch your back
JM Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB9 November 2016
Very Poor management , To many inexperienced young Forman with know it all attitudes , so it's a comply or hit the road type of environment. Will never work for them again and will never say anything nice about the company .
fast paced very organized place to work
Electrical apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 April 2016
worked for integral for 3 months before i left to write my red seal absolutely loved it when i was done school the oil sands were dead for work other wise i would have gone back days flew by got a lot of training from them even tho they knew i was leaving soon great place
Pros
good pay
Cons
strict
Great company to work for
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 November 2015
Enjoyed my time as an employee, learned lots from a lot of great people. Would recommend them as a company to work for and will hopefully get a term with them again in the future.
Worst company in Alberta
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Husky Energy Sunrise Project24 October 2015
Terrible management, poor morale, horrible reputation. Lack of leadership, negative work environment, employees treated poorly.
worst company in alberta
electrician (Former Employee) –  redwater3 October 2015
if you like having 4th year electrical apprentices as your foreman and a 2nd year apprentice as your GF then this is the company for you!
god job. bad management
Instrumentation Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2015
great jobs. but managed poorly. excellent colleagues, but seems like it was a very cut throught environment. everyone who had a friend would be a the top despite required skills.
good young company to work for
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  CNRL, Alberta6 August 2015
great place to learn your craft and with the young management the environment is fresh and exciting. i had no problems with my time there.
Pros
management, quality, safety
Cons
Too many chiefs not enough indians
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray1 May 2015
I've never seen so many white hats in my life. Overall decent company i suppose but over managed at field level i think. Good pay and benefits (through CLAC). Was hired on and layed off after two months though due to work shortage.
Good Company
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB28 January 2015
I enjoyed my time with integral energy. There would about 200 electricians. The moral was relatively great. The management team was great. They got to the bottom of things right away and were very responsible and reasonable. Safety was of course taken very seriously and it was a very professional setting and atmosphere. I would recommend to anyone anyday!
Not a awful place to work, management needs work
Second year electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 December 2014
10 hour days, 14 on 7 off. learned some good new skills from co workers, super good guys to work with, management was not good! apprentice general formans. no organization and tons of re work. hardest part of the job was being away from home. most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new friends from all over the country.
Pros
fun guys to work with
Cons
no organization
Great work environment within the tradesmen
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB8 February 2014
typical day starts with a major safety analysis. then scope of work meeting. as per usual with any company in the patch, planning takes a major role in the day.
Management needs to be streamlined and new lines of communication withing the work force need to be established.
Co-workers by-and-large are great, a real team focused attitude is present.
Hardest part of the job is completing work with a lack of tools.
Most enjoyable part is the team.
best crew i have ever been on
electrician (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB29 January 2014
days were 11 hours, i learned how things worked in the oil sands, my coworkers were what made the job as good as it was, the hardest part of the job was the travel but that's why they pay so well, the money was definite plus
Pros
management wanted to work with us to get what we needed
Cons
the general contractor at the time worked against us most of the time
Terrible company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  kearl lake6 November 2013
they will treat you like a number and if your not from alberta or p.e.i then good luck advancing
Family orientated company
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake/Statoil4 November 2013
Good organization, offers to challenge worker in many different areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Integral Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6