Intact Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Adjuster -Accident Benefits (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 September 2016
Initially it is providing customer service by processing claims. During this process we are providing support and guidance to the customers during rehabilation. Multi tasking many files is a daily challenge. Every file /call / claimant are different, however a great chance to learn something new every day, which is very rewarding and love helping people. Having great co workers for support and family feeling environment.
Pros
Salary / Benefits / Bonus
Cons
not enough staff for the workload
Good Company to work for
CLAIMS ADJUSTER, AUTO (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 January 2017
Overall, Intact is a well run company with a positive work environment. Intact had a good training program and was supportive of development in entry level positions. The auto claims department had a high degree of turnover, especially at the management level, and this was not due to promotions. Recommendation if you had the choice would be to enter the more positive departments like underwriting.
Poor Management/Negative working environment
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 January 2017
This is a corporate instilling fear culture allowing one way communication. High mircomanagement enivorment that promotes no trust toward employees. Multi/complex computer systems make negative working environment. Employees easily feel miserable and failed creating high employee turnover rates and employee stress leaves suitations.
Bill payers
Mail Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2016
I loved working at the Sun. I enjoyed making a salary and getting bonuses and paid benefits and holidays at Intact. We rotated among different tasks each week, so I was involved in running the whole mailroom.
Pros
bonuses
My managers were fantastic but limited options to advance.
Commercial Auto Underwriter - IRCA (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 December 2016
As a company the company did a great job to make sure employees satisfactions were met. As a growing individual trying to advance in my career, options were limited unless you wanted to move across the country.
Pros
Open communication
Cons
Lack of advancement
Enjoyable and fulfilling
Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 March 2016
Typical corporate environment, our managers are great- very empathetic and understanding. Very accommodating to our requests when possible.

Excellent salary, benefits.

Heavy workload at this time- but a lot of plans have been implemented to reduce workload and create a better work/life balance.
Very memorable and great experience.
Accident Benefit Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2016
Working at Intact was once of the best jobs I had and I was very happy there.
I learned so much within Accident benefits claims and SABS.
I worked as a claims assistant helping adjusters with setting up new claims, payments, reserves, projects, setting up, denials, approvals, OCF 18's, 22's and IE exams.
Also setting up HCAI claims, assigning claims and duplicate payment reports.
Pros
Excellent working environment and very enjoyable
Great place to work!
Commercial Property & Casualty Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2016
Excellent opportunities to learn and develop. Wonderful people. Great pay and benefits. Lots of variety in day to day work.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
Great and amazing place to work. Open and professional environment. friendly co workers. Great work life balance. Understanding leadership.
friendly caring employees, intense workload, good remuneration
UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 January 2017
processing of personal insurance policies to set standards, supporting underwriters and brokers by phone, email, fax
volume driven, annual bonus programme
Pros
Pizza lunch reward for getting through tough periods
Cons
not much interaction with co-worker, tied to the computer
A great place to work
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2016
Intact is a great place to work with different job opportunities and room for advancement. They strive for success. They offer training and courses to better yourself. They are committed to clients and employees.
Pros
Everything you could want.
Good Company
Helpdesk Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2016
Good Company, does need some work within management.
The company itself cares about their employees.
Needs more communication between VP's and management.
Pros
Decent Salery, great co-workers
Cons
favouritism within internal jobs
Multi-cultured company, plenty of opportunity
Loss Prevention Inspector, Commercial Lines (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2016
This is a diverse, multi-cultured company. They have great benefits and opportunity to advance. They are very community and charity oriented.
Claims
Towing and Storage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Toronto and Ajax29 November 2016
Claims is a fast paced job. Need to be able to multi task and do many things at once. Need to be able to talk to people who have just been through a stressful situation.
Pros
help people
Cons
fast pace
Great place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto2 September 2016
Excellent management
Very challenging and demanding environment
Very rewarding
Great people to work with
Diversity well maintained
Very co-operative co workers
Commercial Lines - Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 August 2016
A typical working day would involve learning new things and healthy interaction between co-workers. Management is always available when we need to approach them.
Deceptive treatment of employees, below average salaries
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 October 2014
Prepare to witness the constant mass brainwashing of employees and to be on edge constantly by management, who is very secretive and always looking to back channel and screw you over. Oh, and if you're not Quebecois, you're in trouble - don't expect to get any significant promotions. Anglophone managers were constantly quitting and your salary/benefits package will be shrinking over the years instead of growing. Even public shareholders are kept in the dark over employee satisfaction - imagine why.
Pros
Brainwashing sessions
Cons
Salary, deceptive and manipulative management
Expanding, learning and still growing.
Intermediate Accounts Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2013
I believe Intact is an excellent company to work for. I would recoment it to friends. I do feel ready for a change as life at intact can be vert monotinous. I spend all day in front of a computer. I love my co workers. Management could use improvement. There is no "hard part" of the job. I feel I need more of a challenge and am just looking for a better overall environment and atmosphere where I can learn and grow.
Pros
flexible work arrangements for better work/life balance
Cons
low salary and poor management
Great company with great benefits and career development oportunities
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 March 2015
In the last 5 years that I've been at Intact, I can say that I am proud and privileged to have worked for such a great company.

Aside from the nice benefits that the company offers it's employees, it is a place where you can learn and grow. Intact values it's people, it empowers and leverages on their strength and invests in developing their careers.

In those years, and throughout my promotions, I have learned to develop my team leadership, operations management and business analytic skills and applied them on the job. What I learned the most in all of this is how to apply best industry practices in order to maximize the success potential of a given scenario and how to work with cross-functional teams to resolve conflict and deliver on time.

I was also privileged to have worked with great colleagues and one of the best managers that I had throughout my career. We were so tight knit as a team that it made me feel I was going home when I walked into work.
Pros
Too many changes and acquisitions makes it the ideal place to learn and grow
Cons
Too much restructuring, which could affect your job permanency
Data Scientist/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 August 2016
An easy work environment and great team leads; however, working with some reluctant workers (resistive to learn with new technology) makes the life harder.

Great programs for employer growing towards higher level !