Intact Employee Reviews

Review
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2017
I learned alot from the company regarding customer service and was good at settling total losses and disputes with the insured. I was also on the queue when it was busy. I disputed fees for towing and storage. I worked well with management and was always there to help out. The hardest part of the job was trying to settle with some insured who were abusive. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer service and enjoying working with different type of people and my co workers.
Pros
Was great management team
Cons
Work load was heavy at times
the macdonalds of insurance business
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2017
I have seen many come and go in this company. They use you and toss you out. And If you enjoy working with grumpy old divorcees and negative people, then this is the perfect place for you.
Pros
Nothing to write home about as other insurers offer way better perks
Cons
a lot of grumpy people work here
Intact Insurance
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2017
Intact was an amazing place to work. Recently both my wife and I have decided to downsize our living style and move closer to family and friends in the Red Deer area. We are looking forward to continuing our career in this area.
Pros
amazing insurance rates
Cons
the most challenging work and options for advancment were located back east in Toronto or Quebec.
Terrible management on the IT department
IT Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 August 2017
I work there for a year where 70% of the employees are on contract and we live in constant fear of get laid-off. They work with the old mentality where they scare you instead of motivate you. Beside the management the people that work there are gentle and the building has a interesting cafeteria. The company also organize activities from time to time where everyone can participate.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Bad IT management
Contract Surety Underwriter/ Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2017
Very good place to work. Management is interested in your success. If you work hard, bonuses and progression is awarded to you. Can have high turnover depending on the industry.
Good atmosphere, great benefits
Administrative Support I - Claims Legal (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2017
Intact is a great company, and provides excellent benefits from the very beginning of your career. The company is very large so there is lots of space to transfer, and there are often BBQs and celebrations. Also, the FitNetwork is awesome.
Pros
benefits, FitNetwork
Cons
struggle to maintain the expected work life balance
Great atmosphere and great people.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
This is a great place to work and you meet really great people.
Flexible work arrangements with the ability to work from home.
Social events happen on a regular.
Great place to work if you are not in the Claims Call Centre
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2017
Great place to work if you are not in the Claims Call Centre. Supervisors have absolutely no claims experience - so the adjusters really cannot go to them for any advice on claims. Claims adjusters are expected to enjoy their extremely heavy workloads and overtime is not always paid for. Once you get your claims down to being manageable they reward you with a bunch of transfer claims from other adjusters who are lazy. Intact does not give a rats a** about their adjusters work life balance. And not all the adjusters are very competent.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, pension plan, Stock options
Cons
Extremely large work load - micro managed.
Great staff to work with
Computer Consultant Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Your just a number to management and they try to squeeze as much out of you as they can. Fulltime salaries with yearly bonus payments and stock options are good. Raises are not that great and internal promotions are tough since there is not a lot of turn over in higher positions/
Great Company to work with great opportunities
Senior Underwriter in Personal lines (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2017
35 to 40 calls on QUE
Learned that at Intact Legendary Service is number one
Management great leadership
Diversify culture
Large Losses
Relations built
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Pay
Potentially a great place to work
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2017
My experience with previously Canadian Direct Insurance / Intact started great. Unfortunately during the reshuffling as the company changed to become Canadian Direct Insurance, their mandate changed as well to a more sales and less customer service oriented business model.
Personal Lines Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 June 2017
I work in the personal lines auditing department at Intact Insurance. I audit both in house underwriters and brokers who process new business on behalf of Inact.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive work culture
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2017
Intact Insurance has a clean environment that creates a welcoming atmosphere when you enter. Every one I worked with was knowledgeable and has strong work ethic. I would work with them again.
Average
Claims Representative, Property Telephone Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2017
Company was helpful in allowing me to grow and learn for the time I was there. As well allowing employees to move up within was a positive. Many companies don't promote this.
Collegues make the departement
Assistant-Underwriter in Commercials Insurances (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2017
High direction is great but units managers choices are a bit shaky.
Lack of communication and often really of managers that can't follow or young one with powertrips. ( Still some nice ones tho )

Nice values. They take good care of their clients but not so much of their employees.

Some departements seems lot better than others.

Still a great school of insurance .. but they underpay when compared to the market.
Ok place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2017
Culture changes rapidly, and advancement is limited.
Pay could be better.
Departments are isolated and little is communicated to employees.
Management support varies, and is limited.
Good for work/life balance
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Flexible work environment. Helpful management. At the time I was working for Intact Insurance, I moved homes and they were very helpful with transferring me from the Toronto office to the Durham office.
Not a great place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 May 2017
Found the corporate culture to be stifling. Very little interaction amongst co-workers and between teams. You felt chained to your desk all day. Management did little to promote interaction.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Exceedingly boring culture with little social interactions between employees
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 May 2017
The people were great to work with and it seemed to be a very productive environment where people could really enjoy their job and be proud of where they work.
Cons
It was a short contract position, but there wasn't really cons for the company.
Nice place to work and the people are cool. Not enough money.
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
The people along with the managers are pretty great. The benefits are really good but the pay is lacking. There are always outings and other cool things going on so the culture is great as well. But there isn't that many opportunities for people without degrees or not pursuing their CIP designation. However, if you have a degree and plan on completing your CIP designation, you'll be fine as long as your patient and don't mind making decent money for a bit. Low to high 30k.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intact. Our community is ready to answer.