POSITION TITLE: Education Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Insurance Institute Northern Alberta
POSITION STATUS: Full Time
POSITION HOURS: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm ½ hour lunch
The successful candidate is responsible for managing the in-class education program that lead to our premier designation, the Chartered Insurance Professional. With support and assistance of the manager and the volunteer council, this individual will recommend the course offerings, hire the instructors, register the students, coordinate the exam process and see the implementation through to the final stage of gathering and reconciling the required audit material. The role offers the opportunity to work with instructors and students alike. Considering the seasonal nature of these tasks and working as part of a small team allows this role other opportunities to contribute to the success of this not-for-profit educational association.
CIP Course Selection
- Analyze historical trends
- Consider industry influences
- Survey Students and members for preferences
- Prepare course schedule (3 semester per year)
- Recruitment and payment
- Summarize Instructors evaluations and students marks and provide feedback to the instructor on a timely basis
- Prepare and provide Instructor Package
- Plan and organize the annual Instructors’ Development in coordination with the Education Committee.
- Provide credit letters for
- Coordinate Instructor Appreciation events
- Manage student registration and payments
- Assist students with course selection
- Produce class lists
- Provide examination accommodations
- Provide student guidance on request
Location & Texts:
- Coordinate course locations and / or reserve classrooms
- Order and distribute textbooks to instructor and students
- Manage the inventory of the textbooks.
- Establish marketing plan and promote courses
- Manage the local Social Media campaign with the External Communications Committee
- Enter course products in database (Aptify)
- Quality Control for local website
- Work closely with Education Committee
- Coordinate Exam Centres (rural and local), notify IIC of exams locations or enter in Aptify.
- Schedule proctors and centre supervisor and provide exam information package.
- Ensure exam process follows established guidelines
- Travel to Exam centres as required.
Licensing Courses (GIE, LLQP)
- Support the Education administrator with licensing queries.
- As required, participate in Career Fairs
- Promote the event
- Graduates: Create a positive graduate experience including invitation
- Day of set up/tear down
- Provide additional assistance as required by manager and seminar and events coordinator
- Reconcile accounts (course, exam, texts) and compile all supporting documents for the quarterly audit binder.
- Support Events Coordinator
- Provide General Industry information for members and potential members
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Good judgment and problem solving skills
Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities
Enjoy working in a busy environment
Proficient with Microsoft Office
At least 2 years of business / office experience
Enrolled in/or knowledge of the CIP program
Experience in education administration would be a definite asset
Experience working with non-profit organizations
Smart Board and Live Cycle experience would be an asset