We’re driven to ensure the well-being of drivers. We’re working to keep rates low as possible, delivering excellent service consistently, and proactively partnering to reduce crashes and loss.
North Vancouver, BC
The Unified Communications & Messaging Platforms team is looking for an Audio/Video Technical Specialist at the ICBC North Vancouver head office. This position requires expertise with audio/video streaming/encoding focusing on broadcast technology and video content creation. Job duties will include acting as the primary point of contact for technical coordination for ‘All-Company’ audio conferences and assisting teams with lighting, video and audio production needs.
Your qualifications will include experience in the following areas:
- Setup and operation of broadcast events: camera work – multi-camera switching and lighting
- Smooth/Adaptive HTTP video streaming technology
- Encoding technology specifically H264 video containers, multi-resolution/bit stream encoding, and Microsoft Expression Encoder
- Troubleshooting audio sound systems and live video broadcast delivery
- Audio/visual editing software and content creation: Adobe Master Collection, typography and graphic design, motion graphics, video bumpers, web design
- Server administration for streaming servers – IIS, scripting, patching
- Solid understanding of Cisco Telepresence conferencing technology
- Knowledge of Digital Signage systems
The following are knowledge, skills and abilities that candidates should demonstrate in order to be considered for this position:
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to deal with a live environment and related stresses while maintaining a professional and respectful attitude
- Practical experience in collaborating with various IS colleagues, management and staff is required in support of cross-workgroup projects and operational support
- Practical experience working with Vendors for support and service delivery
- Practical experience troubleshooting and maintaining streaming media, switchers, non-linear editing systems
- Practical experience with setup of conferencing projection systems, audio systems, microphones and room control systems
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical customers
As a valued member of the ICBC team, you’ll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results. Anticipate a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
If you’re ready to join a driven team, we’d love to hear from you. For full details on this and all other current positions visit www.icbc.com.
ICBC is a welcoming, equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates.