We’re driven to ensure the well-being of drivers. We’re working to keep rates low and stable, providing hassle-free service, and proactively partnering to reduce crashes and loss.
*Title: Systems Administrator
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Employment Type: Regular Full Time*
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our growing middleware infrastructure team and provide operational support to our web application servers that support our enterprise and critical business application environments. You will be joining a highly dedicated team of professionals with a growing portfolio of middleware technologies including but not limited to IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic and IBM WebSphere suite of integration software.
If you are an experienced middleware or UNIX systems administrator or JAVA developer with at least 3 years of experience providing operational support and you are looking for the opportunity to further develop your systems administration skills, and have a keen interest and aptitude for this area of IT technical support, we would like to hear from you.
As a Systems Administrator for middleware, your scope will include:
- Websphere and/or WebLogic Application Server support and general maintenance;
- Production migration of JAVA application to Pre-Prod and PROD environments;
- Tier 2 problem resolution;
- Tier 2 systems analysis through review of logs and application configurations;
- Scripting development and execution in support of automation;
- Monitoring the health of environments through logs and monitoring tools (OPNET, NAGIOS).
To be successful in this role, you will bring a depth of experience that is not limited to but includes:
Experience with the following technologies:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server or Oracle WebLogic Application Server administration;
- RHEL Linux systems administration;
- Scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Ruby, PowerShell or sh/ksh).
Technical knowledge in Systems Administration with:
- Directory services (e.g. LDAP and/or AD);
- Networking or firewall administration;
- Server and storage administration;
- Code repository and production migration tools (e.g. SVN, and/or Hudson/Jenkins).
Your experience would typically be acquired through professional or post-secondary education and a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a Systems Administrator in a Middleware environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
As a valued member of the ICBC team, you’ll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results. Anticipate a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
If you’re ready to join a driven team, we’d love to hear from you. For full details on this and all other current positions visit www.icbc.com.
ICBC is a welcoming, equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates.