We’re driven to ensure the well-being of drivers. We’re working to keep rates low and stable, providing hassle-free service, and proactively partnering to reduce crashes and loss.
*Middleware Technical Lead - WebSphere Application Server
North Vancouver BC
The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) is one of BC's largest corporations and one of Canada’s largest property and casualty (P&C) insurers. We have 5,000 employees working with 3 million customers and business partners including 900 independent brokers and agents province-wide.
Our IT Infrastructure Middleware & Automation team supports the middleware servers for our critical enterprise-wide business applications. We need strong team and technical leadership, and proven operational experience in Web Application Server and middleware administration, engineering and architecture. You will bring specifically deep knowledge of the IBM WebSphere Application Server platform among other IBM middleware technologies although skills and expertise in other vendor platforms will be considered.
Your key focus and deliverables:
- Lead the technical planning, systems design/engineering, and support of the WebSphere Application Server environment;
- Provide technical and subject matter expertise to our architecture and integration development teams in support of the middleware infrastructure using on WebSphere Application Server;
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to a small group of middleware systems administrators;
- Lead Tier III senior systems administration and complex troubleshooting on WebSphere Application Server across critical business systems;
- Lead and establish best practices and standards across our WebSphere Application Server environments including deployment standards, and automation methods;
- Lead delivery new WebSphere application server environments and solutions in support of new and evolving enterprise and corporate business applications.
To make an immediate contribution in this critical role, you will have demonstrated experience:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server design and systems administration;
- LINUX systems administration including UNIX scripting in support of development support & automation;
- Oracle WebLogic Application Server;
- Production migration expertise using SVN/Hudson/Jenkins suite of products;
- Proven experience in supporting highly complex, enterprise-wide Web Application environments across medium to large size environments;
- Technical documentation skills – design, blueprints, procedural and configuration;
- Writing skills in support of technology refresh business cases and solution presentations
- Communications and presentation skills to facilitate meetings across key IS teams, stakeholders including management;
- Vendor management experience and skills relating to technical support technologies;
- Leadership skills – both team and technical;
- JAVA development experience is an asset;
- IBM WebSphere middleware integration suite (message broker, MQ, Data Power) is an asset.
As a valued member of the ICBC team, you’ll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results. Anticipate a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
If you’re ready to join a driven team, we’d love to hear from you. For full details on this and all other current positions visit www.icbc.com .
ICBC is a welcoming, equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates.