We’re driven to ensure the well-being of drivers. We’re working to keep rates low as possible, delivering excellent service consistently, and proactively partnering to reduce crashes and loss.
North Vancouver, BC
The Database Administration team has an exciting opportunity for a Database Administrator. This role will be a member of the Mainframe & Database Platforms department based in North Vancouver, BC.
You will be responsible to work closely with the team, to provide operational support of the database environments, and to participate as a technical resource in project work, cross-workgroup work, and tactical service delivery management. The focus of this position is operational support, project support, and some technology planning with the team, architecture, and external vendors.
Your qualifications should include:
- Strongly demonstrated Oracle technical skills, including an understanding of backup, recovery, maintenance and support of Oracle databases;
- Practical experience with MS SQL, including backup, recovery, maintenance and support of SQL databases;
- Practical experience with UNIX and/or LINUX would be an asset;
- Practical experience with SAP or Guidewire solutions would be an asset;
- collaborating with various IS colleagues, management, business areas, and vendors is required in support of cross-workgroup projects and operational support;’
- project management processes would be an asset;
- leading a team of technical staff, providing leadership and direction to a team would be an asset.
- Practical experience in:
- leading technical projects with demonstration of sound organization and planning skills;
- providing technical consulting and planning;
- problem resolution processes;
- vendor management;
As a valued member of the ICBC team, you’ll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results. Anticipate a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
If you’re ready to join a driven team, we’d love to hear from you. For full details on this and all other current positions visit www.icbc.com .
ICBC is a welcoming, equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates.