Are you an outgoing, self-driven, motivated individual, driven towards building relationships and providing exceptional service to business professionals?
We currently have an opening for a professional with experience in customer service, sales and/or services support for the highly service focused position of Member Services Specialist in Toronto, Ontario.
The main objective for this position is to ensure the successful engagement with our current Members and creating awareness with new and prospective Members as it pertains to the IBAO’s programs and benefits.
The Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO) is a non-profit professional business association for independent brokers and it is the recognized symbol of excellence within the insurance industry. The IBAO is a voluntary membership organization serving the interests of more than 12,000 independent insurance brokers across the Province of Ontario. Working together, we are able to build and maintain a business environment that allows individual brokerages to thrive.
A day in the life of a Member Services Specialist:
- Strengthen relationships with existing IBAO Members through a variety of activities, which includes onsite brokerage visits, addressing questions and concerns and attending industry events;
- Remain current and promote IBAO products and services to existing IBAO Member offices;
- Networking and developing strong relationships with prospective and new Members;
- Tracking and reporting utilization of programs, feedback and recommendations;
- Maintain a high percentage of annual Membership renewals;
- Obtain Membership related feedback to help improve Association offerings;
- Develop articles for The Ontario Broker magazine and/or IBAO Member Blog, highlighting the features and benefits of Membership;
- Continuous communication and engagements with IBAO Members and prospective members;
- Participate in related projects and research in conjunction with other IBAO departments.
Key Competencies required:
Teamwork and Cooperation
Client Service Focus
The Ideal Candidate:
- Exceptional customer service experience with 3-5 years’ experience in a customer service, business/sales development and/or member services capacity;
- Committed to providing first-class service through their pleasant personality, networking skills and professionalism;
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related discipline;
- Willing and able to spend occasional time on the road in order to meet/network with current and new Members;
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a ‘hunters’ attitude and aptitude in seeking potential new Association members;
- Polished verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to listen and understand Membership needs and concerns;
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills;
- Not afraid of technology - strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media and iMIS database (or similar database application) is required.
We treat our team consistently and fairly to help them achieve personal and professional ambitions. Please quote “Member Services Specialist” in the subject line.
We truly appreciate you for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.