Instrumentation Laboratory Employee Reviews

Benefits are excellent. Workout gym
Mechanical Designer, Change order coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAFebruary 4, 2016
Excellent benefits, Nice place to work. Friendly atmosphere. Work hours are adjustable. Good advancement, Co-workers professional.Plenty of parking. Nice gym to work out in. Work area updated when you need. Computer equipment updated when needed.
Pros
Subsidized lunches from good cafeteria.
Cons
Long distance driving for me.
Pros and Cons
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Subsidized food and drinks, 8% match on 401K, 90% paid health/dental/vision, large company with money to burn, job security

Cons: Employees are spread thin with multiple job titles, unorganized structure for each department and affiliate branches, poor interdepartmental communication, no career advancement.
Interesting mix of science and business
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYApril 24, 2016
Great location. Close to New York City.Close to Westchester. It is an interesting mix of science and business. Plant is closed between Christmas and New Years.
Pros
awesome 8% 401(k) match after five years.
Cons
no cafeteria at the site
Nothing but chaos
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  OrangeburgMarch 26, 2015
No real management at all. Supervisors have no idea what is going on, only plan for the here and now no vision for tomorrow. Equipment is old and has not been taken care of in years. No teamwork or training, every man for himself. Money was great but not worth it. Health benefits were expensive 401K match is good.
Pros
401K, good hourly pay.
Cons
Everything else.
helpful team members on interesting project
SQA Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MADecember 8, 2015
Supportive and interesting environment and products. good work life balance. Even contractors are treated like employees. Very generous schedule during bad weather.
Good Company to work for.
Senior Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAFebruary 13, 2015
They provided interesting work in an environment where my supervisors appreciated what I did. I was able to continue developing my skills with in house training, outsourced retreats for training, and they compensated for online courses I completed.

They had nice company events and the 401K was great with 8% matching. If I did not leave for more education I would still be there.
European owned medical device company
Director, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Hard working knowledgeable people with instruments and reagents for blood testing. Appreciable attention by all company personnel to product line extensions.
Great benefit good salary
Incoming Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 27, 2015
This company has great benefits and good salary. Doing good in the market. In Operation department people are really nice and friendly. The other side of the building out of operation is a completed other company. There is some lack in communication.
Pros
good benefit, great cafeteria
Cons
no communication in between department
Nice facility, health & 401k benefits
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 6, 2015
Some departments are meant as overhead and treated as such, so you need someone who can build teams and make you feel as valuable contributor.

Selection process for management positions leaves something to wish for. You can contribute majority of departments performance and be paid $5-7/hr less than the 'next guy'.

Otherwise excellent place to master your skills and experience on best tools you can imagine.
Pros
Great to build experience
Cons
No career advancements
Great Place to Work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 22, 2014
I have been at Instrumentation Laboratory for 5.5 years and I really enjoy my job. Management really cares about employee's well being. I love the benefits. (Tuition Reimbursement, Health Care, etc.)
Pros
salaries, tuition reimbursement, vacation
excellent culture to get experience
Bio- Medical Engineer, Clinical Applicant (Former Employee) –  Srinagar, JKApril 5, 2015
A typical day during extrem condition when patient care and facilities are conflicting between personal intersets..you have to chose a best possible way between them..

To chose an option in best possible way so that work has to executed in a proffessional manner....

In any organisation management is a back bone to see the things in different way according to conditions and work culture..so that ultimate goals has to be achived for not only benificial to organisation but for subordinates as well ....

Excellent friendly atmosphere helpful and cooperative as well...

To improve in the healthcare system ,when professionals behave like unprofessional....

To learn and share knowledge is the most enjoyable part of job...
Past employee
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 28, 2012
Fantastic company. Worked as Field Service Engineer. Management great,coworkers would do anything to help you out. Tech. support very helpful when in need.
Pros
good salary, benefits and great coworkers.
Cons
eliminated field service, lost my job
friendly work environment with great cafeteria
Sr QA Scientist (Former Employee) –  Bedford MASeptember 10, 2015
I had a great relationship with my manager. management provide lots of mentor and leadership.
Interaction with other department mat be difficult at times.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
do not offer part time jobs
Great 401K, Management in flux
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 16, 2015
Company overall is a good place to work, but experiencing growing pains. Management is in flux. Top heavy in some departments. Having an impact on process and procedures. As a result the company is becoming less personal and less like a family than it was just a few short years ago. Many employees are starting to retire after long careers at IL, but new employees can't count on that kind of loyalty from the company any more. Bottom line and head count focused.
Senior Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 14, 2012
Plenty of work to be done. Great opportunities for progression. Continuously striving for excellence to be the best in the business. Takes great care of employees. Benefits are fantastic.
Pros
great employees
Orangeburg facility is not the best place to work
SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJanuary 23, 2014
like the fast pace at this manufacturing facility.
Co-workers are nice to work with
managment does not value talent and harness the expertise at hand
hardest part of a job is to work in a company where hard work is not appreciated except for some hand claps. Employee morale is low.
Fun part is co workers.
Management needs to change. HR needs to be more sociable and approachable.
Pros
free bagels (monthly)
Cons
no career growth for employees, low pay
A Broken System
Principal Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 19, 2014
The hardest part of this job is keeping up with rapidly changing priorities. Management plays favorites to the detriment of the rest of the organization. Recent run ins with the FDA have caused a massive shift in culture, which will improve some things once the dust settles.
Pros
subsidized cafeteria & gym
Cons
mismanagement
Material Handler
Material handler (Former Employee) –  OrangeburgApril 29, 2013
I worked at Instrumentation Laboratory for 6 weeks. The main supervisor is a very bitter older man who treats his employees horribly, especially his secretary. You could always hear him screaming and cursing at her. There was one team leader in particular who is racist against Hispanics and had no problem making it known. The work load is fine and the hours of operation as well. Its the people that work there who are not easy to work with.
Pros
nice work hours, allowed to take a lunch break
Cons
racist employees and alot of tension
Instrumentation Laboratory is a company that cares about its employees as much as it cares about progress in diagnostic technology
Immunochemistry R&D Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJuly 28, 2013
I enjoyed working in this environment. There was a demand for results, but as an intern, I received highly adequate training and preparation for my tasks. I believe it was the interpersonal guidance I received that allowed me to contribute to this company with impact under such as short amount of time.
productive is good
Operator of production (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMarch 5, 2013
In the instrumentation Laboratory , i work as operator production , i was taking the product the machinist and i clean them . i package , fix and bring in the warehouse for the shipping. I did learn many thing in this job and my co-workers was nice person with me in the company .
Pros
i have 45mns for lunch every day