Our client is one of the largest Canadian institutional investment fund managers with diversified investment portfolio exceeding $60 billion. Last year their funds paid out over $1B in pension payments.
Our client has modernized state of the art systems, an entrepreneurial mindset, a very low level of bureaucracy and empowers employees.
Imagine living in Edmonton, Alberta and being just a short drive away from the Rocky Mountains and the world's best skiing, hiking and biking.
The Senior Network Analyst administrates the Enterprise sized LAN/WAN network and infrastructure. This role is critical in supporting the investment management business processes.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provides expertise and direction of IT network infrastructure operations and controls, ensuring the integrity of networks, servers, and physical security of IT assets are maintained at all times.
- Provides technical networking expertise for projects and documents all networking components.
- Provides network strategic planning, architecting, design, network vulnerability assessments, network penetration tests, capacity planning, and project management.
You are a very senior level resource with deep experience in an enterprise environment resolving highly complex networking issues while playing a leading role in infrastructure projects. You bring experience failover and highly redundant network infrastructures. You possess strong analytical/problem solving skills to analyze technical issues, assess impact on existing infrastructure, and implement optimized solutions to address client needs.
- CCNP and/or JNCIP, or equivalent knowledge and experience, and be pursuing further learning
- STP (PVRST+) - understanding port roles, PortFast and BPDU guard
- LACP (or other link aggregation protocols)
- Layer 2 security
- OSPF - understanding of inter-area routing quirks, potential blackholing issues
- BGP - understanding of soft reconfiguration and BGP route preference
- QoS - understanding of congestion avoidance, the use of thresholds within queues
- HSRP (or other FHRPs) - understanding timer tuning, preemption and tracking
- DNS, 802.11, SMTP, IPsec
- VRF - understanding route distinguishers, route targets and inter-VRF routing
- Stateful firewalls
- Demonstrated ability to architect and manage networking components and complete tasks and projects assigned based on priorities.
Additionally Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering with minimum of 10 years of experience in IT, preferably IT systems architecture.
- VSS - knowledge of dual-active (split-brain) behaviour and prevention
N E X T S T E P S
To ensure you are considered, ensure the Essential Qualifications above are identified in your resume. Apply via this job board or send your resume to Rick @ Think-KMR.com, Subject: Sr. Network Analyst, ref id 9692