Instadebit, www.instadebit.com, is a global provider of transaction processing, foreign exchange and risk management services available in 34 countries. The company has been in existence for over 8 years and has processed several billion dollars of transactions on behalf of its merchants. The company is seeking a Senior Java Developer to enhance their current development team. Instadebit is a privately held, entrepreneurial company based in Toronto with a small but highly skilled team of professionals focused on delivering quality web-based payment solutions.
INSTADEBIT, an online debit payment solution provider, is seeking a Senior Java Developer to lead the development of web applications that drive the company’s mission critical payment processing services. This role will have the opportunity to provide input into the technical direction of the company’s platform and promote best practices around the software development processes and tools that govern development within the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the full development lifecycle of Java Web application: requirement analysis, design, documentation, coding, test, build, QA, deployment and maintenance.
- Promote best practices of software engineering processes and tools that govern development within the organization.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines around coding standards and development best practices.
- Estimate level of effort, time, and external dependencies for completion of various programming scenarios.
- Recommend technical solutions and write technical specifications that meet business requirements.
- Analyze defect metrics to ascertain trends and problem areas.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related disciplines.
- Solid experience of full life-cycle development of large-scale Java Web application.
- Proficiency with MVC and OOD design and programming principles.
- Working experience of Eclipse IDE for development/debugging.
- Familiarity with online payment concepts and the ability to process/track/reconcile payments through various systems.
- Strong ability to translate customer requirements into a formal design.
- Experience working in an Agile development.
- Ability to create and amend detailed documentation and technical specifications.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via email. Only successful applicants will be contacted.