The Junior Account opportunity is a full-time position for an 8 month contract period with the opportunity for extension or permanent full-time. This position will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to learn critical finance and accounting skills in the payment processing and global ecommerce industry with an opportunity to grow with the company. The Junior Accountant will report directly to the Finance Manager of Instadebit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Data entry into QuickBooks accounting system
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations (multi-currency)
- Enter and process vendor payments into the accounts payable system
- Prepare various monthly reconciliation and variance reports
- Preparation of various tax filings including HST, EHT
- Assist with monthly payroll and year end T-4, T-5 tax slip preparations
- Prepare and process expense reports
- Other general accounting duties
- Miscellaneous office duties such as ordering supplies, mail, filing etc.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate business degree with a focus on accounting or finance preferred
- Previous relevant work experience would be an asset but not a requirement
- Ability to work independently and solve problems with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience using QuickBooks accounting software preferred
- Word and advanced Excel
- Entrepreneurial spirit with great initiative and a strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Competitive compensation based on experience
Instadebit, www.instadebit.com, is a global provider of transaction processing, foreign exchange and risk management services with a consumer facing eWallet available in 34 countries. The company has been in existence for over 8 years and has processed several billion dollars of transactions on behalf of its merchants. The company has recently expanded into the social gaming vertical and through its partnership with PlaySpan (a Visa company), is now processing payments for the world’s largest social gaming platforms - Facebook and Zynga.
Instadebit is a privately held, entrepreneurial company based in Toronto with a small but highly skilled team of professionals focused on delivering quality web-based payment solutions.