Food and Beverage Server
2 positions (full-time)
Afternoon and Evening Shifts available
Company Description: Our Client is a well-established and growing Indian restaurant in Mississauga, opening other branches soon. Looking to fill these positions within the month of August
The role of the food server is to create 100% Guest Satisfaction by delivering exceptional food and beverage service to restaurant guests, Guest satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The Food Server is responsible for the daily serving food and beverages; this would include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Greet patrons, present menus, inform of any specials, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverage items.
- Take food and beverage orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff in a timely fashion.
- Suggestive selling and Up-sell beverage items to compliment food selections.
- Serve all food and beverage orders efficiently using proper fine-dining techniques
- Ensure guest satisfaction and report any problems or concerns to Dining Room Supervisor and/or Chef.
- Maintain accurate guest charge accounts
- Present bills and process cash, credit or debit payments.
- Ensure that the dining room area is properly set, cleared and re-set throughout the entire shift.
- Ensure the dining room, bar, are always clean and tidy.
- Basic to Intermediate understanding of professional food and beverage serving skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous food service experience is an asset.
- 1 to 2 years of experience with Indian Culinary is an asset.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, food and beverage knowledge.
- Food Handlers permit required.
- Very good verbal communications skills, ability to read and understand the menu and cooking directions.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- Smart Serve preferred.
Interested applicants send your Resumes to the designated E mail by no later than August 14th. 2014
Please State the Position Title in the subject line
While we thank all applications, only those who are short-listed will be contacted further.
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our Client is a well-established and growing Indian restaurant in Mississauga, opening other branches soon. Looking to fill these positions...