Insight Enterprises, Inc.

Insight Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's alright
Account Executive (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free lunches, different vendor relationships
Cons: corporate politics
Great place to start because they accept pretty much anyone. Great if you want to learn about IT, but not so great in terms of management and it's a very sales oriented place since it's a public traded company. When I asked the CEO a question genuinely, I was looked at as trying to cause trouble.
nice place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2013
team orientated
how to divide work based on importance
management and coworkers there to help when needed
Great learning atmosphere great for young professionals
Account Executive (Former Employee), MontrealDecember 13, 2012
Pros: team atmosphere, facilities, learning environment
Cons: always on the phone
Amazing opportunity for young driven sales people fresh out of University. High pressure sales environment with high benefits if you put in the time and effort.

Great way to get introduced to the corporate world and chanel management.
Revolving Door
Account Executive - Business to Business Sales (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 20, 2012
Pros: professional environment
Cons: high turnover
High-Energy fast paced environment but lots of turnover. Many great salespeople got their start there but lots of room for improvement.
It was my company so clearly I am bias as to its operations.
Director/CEO (Former Employee), ManchesterMarch 27, 2012
Pros: to be able to help disadvantaged individuals, and their familys
Cons: non receptive local authorities.
New company formed in 1997 by myself. Exciting to develop from an idea to reality. Met lots of interesting people and established good relationships with most. Learning curve to identify funding availability and limitations. Long hours and lot of worries but exciting to see it all become a reralityu.
Contract employment at a large company
VMware ESX Administrator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 12, 2014
Pros: free gym
Cons: they don't keep there promises
Senior administrator responsible for a corporate wide data center consolidation and migration project for CVS Caremark. Once it was known that the project was going to be completed on time. In a meeting I was promised a permanent position with the company. When the contract was completed my position was never created.
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser (Former Employee), Norwich, ENGDecember 5, 2014
Cold calling potential supporters to raise funds for MacMillan Cancer Support. Working as part of a fantastic, motivated team that were always very helpful and forthcoming with advice and tips on how to get sales.
na
Account Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2014
Began professional career as an Account Executive for a Fortune 500 global provider of information technology (IT) hardware, software, communications, networking, and service solutions to businesses and public sector organizations.

• Completed comprehensive Sales & Management training program for new-graduates
• Managed business operations using MS – more... Office Products (Word, Excel, & Power Point) and SAP
• Provided technical support and removed barriers to sale
• Achieved metrics-driven quotas through cross-functional collaboration and follow-through with clients
• Presented performance results to management – less
Great start .
Direct Care Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: not enough time to work
loved working with the people that I had to take care of .
love helping everyone that is in need.
Project Based
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2014
Contract Work/Project Based. Clients are Fortune 500 and wonderful to work with.
Great Opportunity
Production Crew Member (Former Employee), Florence, KYOctober 12, 2014
It was a great opportunity to get my foot in the door. I learned a lot about the television industry when I was at ICN6.
Good atmosphere but not much room to grow and a lot of office politics
Network Operations Center Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good environment, tons of vendor shwag, free meals often
Cons: poor pay, office politics, no room for growth
I worked in their services division and as much as they like to say they promote within that's a flat out lie. They brought more external new hires on than they ever promoted from within. They would interview internally but if you weren't buddy buddy with upper management you weren't getting the promotion. It got so bad that the manager of a major department – more... resigned as manager and demoted himself to get out of the politics while he looked for a new job. It's not a bad place to work, the environment is good but pay is lacking and growth is not an option. I ended up leaving for a better job with better pay in the valley. – less
The company was very effective and caring.
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Fairfax, VirginiaSeptember 16, 2014
My work week is categorically divided into personal deliverables and team deliverables. The week concludes on a team review wherein I ascertain the effectiveness and efficiency of each team member vis-à-vis his/her deliverables. For instance, on Mondays and Tuesday, I would chalk out team deliverables and brief them about priorities and the methods – more... by which the targets could be achieved. On Wednesdays and Thursdays, I would keep a tab on the progress of tasks assigned to each team member whilst providing him/her feedback and problem solving guidance wherever required. On Fridays, I would call upon a team review meeting to analyze and ascertain achievements of targets.” – less
Productive work place with ping pong table
SQL Server Developer / ETL Developer (Former Employee), plano, TXSeptember 4, 2014
It is really Productive work place to work. All team members are really Supportive. Got Different job-related training. Learned so many things........
Job not as they describe
Corporate account manager (Former Employee), SheffieldAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good pay and bonus structure
Cons: targets soon get out of hand, figures can be manipulated to prevent bonus, very low staff retention, not competative in their market.
Sold the job on the basis of having regular client contact including face to face management which I feel is an essential part for the nature of this role. It turned out however to be a large call centre with possibly one of the lowest staff retention rates i've ever encountered, There is no face to face aspect and the training is based solely around – more... the company and not the multitude of products or advice you would be likely to encounter and discuss which at times left you feeling out of your depth, especially when speaking with boardroom members on how to best identify and deploy large networking and storage solutions.

The targets for both calls and achievement soon get out of hand as they double each month so for example if your Gross Profit was £2500 one month it would be £5,000 for the following month and £10,000 the month after which is very difficult on the margins you have to work with to remain competative.

There was very little I found to be enjoyable about working here and it was topped off with manipulation of figures to reduce bonus payouts, if you are established within IT sales and have a client base then the pay and rewards were excellent but for someone starting out I would look elsewhere as it will only disappoint. – less
Good company
Technical Architect Consultant (Former Employee), St Paul, MNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: c
nice place to work if you like being in the field as consultant or any other IT position
Produtive and fun place to work
Account Executive, Education (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: no work from home program.
A day at Insight is productive and enjoyable.
I have learned many things regarding channel business.
Managment is fair and helpful.
Loved the environment and coworkers, company as a whole was not equal.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 22, 2014
I love Insight's employees, there was just a lot of changes in management and team members that caused the department to be shaken up.
Bad schedule, customers do not come first
Telesales Supervisor (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 13, 2014
The schedule is not good for having a family. They have very little concern for customer service. Work environment was terrible. Huge lack of training and communication.
Management to demanding
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 11, 2014
Pros: nice location
Cons: weird organization of departments.
Always worried about making my quotes in sales every month instead of building a relationship with customers. The manager only cared if he made his numbers every month. I resigned the position after a year. Way to a...

1 2 3 4 5

About Insight Enterprises, Inc.

Our growth depends upon a commitment from our teammates. We’re legendary for taking care of our team—we want you around – Read more