Insight Enterprises, Inc.

Insight Enterprises, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's alright
Account Executive (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free lunches, different vendor relationships
Cons: corporate politics
Great place to start because they accept pretty much anyone. Great if you want to learn about IT, but not so great in terms of management and it's a very sales oriented place since it's a public traded company. When I asked the CEO a question genuinely, I was looked at as trying to cause trouble.
nice place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2013
team orientated
how to divide work based on importance
management and coworkers there to help when needed
Great learning atmosphere great for young professionals
Account Executive (Former Employee), MontrealDecember 13, 2012
Pros: team atmosphere, facilities, learning environment
Cons: always on the phone
Amazing opportunity for young driven sales people fresh out of University. High pressure sales environment with high benefits if you put in the time and effort.

Great way to get introduced to the corporate world and chanel management.
Revolving Door
Account Executive - Business to Business Sales (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 20, 2012
Pros: professional environment
Cons: high turnover
High-Energy fast paced environment but lots of turnover. Many great salespeople got their start there but lots of room for improvement.
It was my company so clearly I am bias as to its operations.
Director/CEO (Former Employee), ManchesterMarch 27, 2012
Pros: to be able to help disadvantaged individuals, and their familys
Cons: non receptive local authorities.
New company formed in 1997 by myself. Exciting to develop from an idea to reality. Met lots of interesting people and established good relationships with most. Learning curve to identify funding availability and limitations. Long hours and lot of worries but exciting to see it all become a reralityu.
Bad schedule, customers do not come first
Telesales Supervisor (Former Employee), Evansville, INAugust 13, 2014
The schedule is not good for having a family. They have very little concern for customer service. Work environment was terrible. Huge lack of training and communication.
Management to demanding
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 11, 2014
Pros: nice location
Cons: weird organization of departments.
Always worried about making my quotes in sales every month instead of building a relationship with customers. The manager only cared if he made his numbers every month. I resigned the position after a year. Way to a...
NOC Technician
Network Operations Technician (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 11, 2014
Great place to work, learned every networking platform. Great management, amazing co-workers. Plenty of troubleshooting.
Fun Job
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 28, 2014
Great Job to have wit co-workers and supervisors. learning something new everyday.
A great place to work
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 25, 2014
Pros: laid back environment and there's not to much pressure put on you
Cons: need to extend hours
There were two shifts when I work there each shift was 4 hours a piece. One in the day and one in the evening. Managers were always helpful .Laid back environment. I would call people and try and get them to donate to a worthy charity.
Good place to get your start, but not to stay
Network Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 12, 2014
Pros: give new people to it a chance, schedule flexability
Cons: no skills learned, pay is lower (but techs do nothing there anyway)
You aren't allowed as a network tech to do much of anything except to escalate tickets even if you know what to do. LEC calls and Engineer escalations is how technicians there resolve trouble tickets. Benefits are horrible, but not the worst. They are 24 hours, so are flexible for schedule. Going from tech (which basically does nothing technical) to – more... engineering there is usually within around 3-4 years. You will basically learn nothing for 3-4 years and move to an Eng role??? Maybe CCNP will help, but you will still be learning nothing for 4 years. I'd say work there and start passing CCNP certs, then move on in under 1 year from starting. If you come back 4 years later as an Engineer, then so be it. I wouldn't stay there as a tech though as it's a waste. The bright side is they will give you a chance (to do nothing), as I came in there with just a CCNA and no exp at all with any IT job what so ever on my resume. I thank them for that. I'm not talking down on the company as it is a good company. I'm mearly stating my review based on my goals and needs. I want to move up and not be an engineer forever. I did learn a little while I was there though. Pay is low concerning average, but the techs do no technical work anyway, so the pay is actually not low. It's just that their definition of a network technician is under par.

All in all it is a 3 out of 5 place to work. – less
Productive Positive work environment
Director of Client Relations (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 29, 2014
A wonderful environment. Great family/work life balance. Work days are busy but productive. A great positive company culture. Working with Clients and co-workers were a perk of my job!
Challenging with many great lessons learnt
Account Manager (Former Employee), LondonJune 27, 2014
Pros: i gained confidence on the phone, great team, learned a lot
Cons: long commute (2hrs there and back), stressful at times
This was a great experience for me as I had a mentor to guide me to become an amazing sales person. It didn't quite work out that way but I did learn an awful lot about how to come across over the phone to build trust, inform effectively without sounding too much like a sales person and how to go out of your way to ensure clients are well looked after – more... so that they come back and do more business with you.

A typical day at work was that I'd have to make an increasing amount of dials to potential and existing customers and see how I could help them with their IT needs - buy selling them IT. We also had "Killer Days" where vendors would come in and offer prizes for the person who sold the most of their product that day.
I was on the grad team which was a great spirited team, 5 young grads like myself each had a mentor to advise them every now and then.

The hardest part of the job was changing little habits I'd probable done for years that I had not noticed before. Such as the nervous laugh when no jokes had been made or taking so fast in an unusually higher tone when I got a bit nervous with a customer who'd been called 5 times by other people in the company that same day. It was also hard trying to build a strong relationship with customers and have to close a deal with each of them every month. Being forceful isn't my strongest trait and unfortunately its what I needed to be.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about being optimistic, being able to poke fun at nervous habits and learning to control them and having a great, supportive grad and encouraging management. – less
indoor business sales.
Account Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 12, 2014
Tough to make a living at it but the perks were great. They really do treat their employees well.
Decent benefits and good salary levels
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, work life balance
Cons: limited pto
Management is involved and approachable, Insight is innovative with benefits such as creating their own healthcenter. Starting people off with only 2 weeks vacation is a huge drawback if you value time away from work with your family.
Supporting Partner Company
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICHIAN (Current Employee), Dudley, MAMay 30, 2014
Supporting partner company in day to day desktop support and some server roles.

Learning patients on a daily basis supporting staff and manufacturing plant because every day is different.
Contractor
LMS Admin/Level II Support (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMay 20, 2014
desktop support
printer support
Terrible Place to work
Procurement Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 7, 2014
Pros: centrally located
Cons: terrible home/work balance
No home/ work balance and the management team cares only about bottom dollar. Do not appreciate their employees.
Fun Workplace not sure if compensation is on par with work, effort and knowledge required
Partner Incentive Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches once a month, flag football league, golf tournament
My typical day consists of clearing accruals that are dollar for dollar and researching any short/over payments. I learned what it's like working for a large company and office politics. My co-workers are the best part of my job. The hardest part of my job is that I don't always feel I'm being compensated for the work I'm doing.
Rewarding
Account Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2014
I like to help companies reach their IT needs so they can better serve their clients.

1 2 3 4 5

About Insight Enterprises, Inc.

Insight Enterprises, Inc., Peninsula Center for Independent Living (IEPCIL), is a private non-profit non-residential Agency established – Read more