Inova Health System

Inova Health System Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work at and amazing people to work with!
Nurse Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 23, 2015
I absolutley loved my job here the only reaso i put my 2 weeks notice in is i had to move because i got married but i loved my job and everyone i worked with. Its lots of walking but you meet so many new people and patients its amazing
A model acute Nursing and Rehabilitation center with on-site, integrated ancillary support systems.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Rehabilitation UnitFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: shift(hours of work) options . worked 3 12hr shifts wkly.
Cons: n/a
Primary care nursing : duties involved administration of medications and treatments, assisting client through all stages of their personal care by promoting the clients highest level of self -care ,heath maintenance, and informed decision making through demonstration, teaching and practice. Multidisciplinary and holistic approach in delivery of care with full team involvement throughout length of stay. To assure continuity of care ,weekly / bi-weekly team meetings held to assess client progress and make any changes as needed through admission to discharge planning.High volume, fast pace working environment with multiple admissions ,transfers and discharges on a daily bases. While this is typical of most nursing and rehab settings,
having comprehensive on-site daily access and assistance from all members of the team(physicians,therapists, social workers,nursing care partners) helped make this a positive working atmosphere for clients and staff.
Nice place to work
sterile processing tech (Current Employee), falls church vaFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free snacks and cofee are offered to staffs
Cons: breaks are too short
It is a big hospital and always busy making it a great place to work. It is also a great place to learn many new things.There is also a cultural diversity because staffs are from defferent cultural backgrounds.
Needs Improvement
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Co-workers are great to work with. The work environment is a positive one. It does not seem that safety is a top priority and there have been a large number of layoffs in the last two years even with new construction occurring.
Honoring our high ranked officials and soldiers
Medical Support Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2015
Working for the military showed you how to serve in a place of diversity. I enjoyed listening to soldiers as they shared their experience. I worked in pre surgery services, which was a critical area. You had to ensure patient identifiers were accurate, and forms completed and signed by surgeons to prepare for surgery.
Very fun place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: team unity, patients, learning abilities
I worked on a Med/Surg unit for recovering surgical patients. It was fun and educational and gave me the opportunity to learn about different procedures and their treatments. I was able to work with and meet people from all walks of life. Management was ok, I didn't feel very connected or related much to the one of my supervisors. This lead to a social disconnection in being to communicate with her regarding some occurances. I did work with a great clinical team. The physicians, nurses, therapist and social workers worked as one complete unit. There was no challenge to hard working for the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was the unity between the staff, outer team member and the patients.
fun place to work
Logistics & Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: job ended
variety of work activies; always learning more about products. Supervise workers. Keeping track of production of product for customer.
Working with customers
Definitely Good place to work for.
Cost Manager (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 29, 2015
Great Company working as Cost Manager in Inova Facilities & Management Department.
working at the hospital
Environmental Services Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 26, 2015
the best job.. you get to meet alot of people it was like home working around family i treat the patients like there was my own family...
great place for new and advanced experiences
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 21, 2015
care of neuro critical pts, assmts q 1hr meds and labs as ordered, calling doctors with critical results or change in assmts, suctioning and evd and line care. , work with a team of nurses, doctors and respiratory. It is hard at times to deal with the not so favorable outcomes of the pts, some as young as 18yrs. The most enjoyable is of course seeing the positive outcome of our intense care.
PRODUCTIVE, GOOD ATTITUDE, PLACE TO BE IF YOU LIKE TO HELP OTHERS
OB/GYN Clinic (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 21, 2015
just be ready with a good attitude to help the patients who needs from us as employees. start the day with a I can do it :)
Great place to gain loads of experience and knowledge
Exercise Physiologist Intern (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 14, 2015
It was an internship so I can't comment on benefits and salary. But all staffers were competent and knowledgable.
challenging ,caring place to learn healthcare skills
Clinical Technician, Cardiac Telemetry (Current Employee), Inova Fairfax HospitalJanuary 11, 2015
typical work day involved adult daily care to cardiac patients.
excellent manager
helpful co-workers
team players
the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients get well and
return home.
A good place to gain experience but working on a busy Med/Surg Unit has many challenges.
RN II (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Great co-workers for the most part but many times understaffed due to budgeting.
Inova Fairfax Hospital 1990-2008
RN II (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: opportunity to provide excellent patient care, many learning and teaching opportunities, high salary with excellent benefits
Cons: was terminated in a very hurtful and undeserved manner, and subsequently vindicated by the vec.
Please see experience summary in which this information is covered.
I loved most of my employment at Inova Fairfax Hospital, which was over 18 years. I was an experienced RN at the time I joined Inova Fairfax Hospital, with extensive experience as a medical surgical nurse with large knowledge base and adaptability and accountability. My vocation has always been for behavioral health nursing, I trained at Payne Whitney Clinic, worked on staff on the metabolic research unit and adolescent borderline units. Later I worked as staff nurse and then nursing coordinator at Psychiatric Institute in NYC. I yearned to master nursing competency and excellence in other areas, including but not limited to routine med-surg, oncology, and obstetrical nursing. I studied REBT , and had a small counseling practice for 4 years collaborating with a psychiatrist and LCSW. I moved to VA from NY in 1989, and joined the staff pool working full time at Inova Fairfax Hospital in the summer of 1990. The Nursing Coordinator of the Cardiac Telemetry Unit asked me to join their staff, which I did after about 3 months on the pool. I worked on the CTU and developed skills with pre and post surgical open heart surgery and heart transplant patients, as well as medical and cardiac patients on cardiac telemetry. I developed competency in this very demanding area and received good reviews. In 1993 I decided that I would prefer to return to psychiatric nursing, and was employed on Psychiatry 4 Main in the fall of 1993. I was held in high regard, received good reviews, became a Geriatric Resource Nurse, engaged wholeheartedly – more... in the Caritas initiatives, and was a member of the Ethics Committee. I was named Nurse Educator of the year in 2003 . I have an enormous love of psychiatric nursing and have highly developed skills and body of knowledge. In 1998 I completed my MSW from VCU, and applied the knowledge and skills from this study to my practice as clinical nurse. In 2006 I was accepted as a staff nurse at the Partial Hospitalization Program, which at that time was on the same floor as the inpatient hospitalization service. Over time I became the staff member doing the most groups per day and week; I love doing groups and have a high level of proficiency, having studied at Payne Whitney Clinic, Psychiatric Institute, 4 Main , and social work school, including internships as well as course work.
I have advanced skills in patient assessment and intervention in person and by telephone, crisis intervention, working with families, interfacing with insurance companies and other agencies, computer documentation, as well as team work, independent functioning, and accountability to agency and governmental policies. – less
the unexpected was intriguing
Security Officer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 30, 2014
i didnt't enjoy the favoritism shownbut the constant changing needs on a daily basis was a plus
love the hospital
Patient Transport (Current Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 23, 2014
this is what i love.
help people.
hate the staff tho
i hope with the years all the units will belong to inova again
Personal Banker
Patient Relations Representative (Current Employee), Los AngelesDecember 15, 2014
Evaluate client’s financial needs and recommend products to meet their needs.
Manage premier client portfolios of consumer lending as well as business banking products.
Cross sell consumer and business deposit products that assist in retaining and expanding the relationship with new and existing clients.
PCU
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lansdowne, VADecember 10, 2014
Progressive Care Unit. Good unit. Staff provide excellent care. Management motivated for quality and patient satisfaction. Poor ergonomics make assignments more difficult and reduce patient safety.
you always learn something new at inova
House Physician (Current Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 10, 2014
I have enjoyed working here as a house officer for the last decade

1 2 3 4 5

About Inova Health System

Inova Health System Foundation provides financial support and assistance to the Inova Health System, which operates about 10 not-for-profit – Read more