Inova Health System

Inova Health System Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and client focused
Patient Accounts Representative Follow-up (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 22, 2014
Pros: medical and 401k
Cons: unable to recognize when management was unproductive towards staff
I received inbound calls from from patients, doctors and insurance companies requesting information regarding claims that were partially paid or paid.

I learned that insurance companies need to provide a more clear explanation as to how they pay/process their claims.

I had several managers. It was the follow-up manager that was unable to allow one – more... to shine when working their que (bucket).

My coworkers were of various nationalities and we all understood that we were their to help bring in the money.

The hardest part of the job was getting the documents required from the doctor's offices.

I really enjoyed being able to interact with a multitude of people and resolving their problem in a positive manner. – less
excellent
Health Information Management (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 13, 2014
Pros: great
since the merger in 7/2013 working at Inova has proven to be an exceptional working enviroment providing educational and practical information in healthcare information .
Very interesting people to work for. Providers are extremely thankful to the interpreters for their assistance. Appreciated by medical staff.
Medical Interpreter (Spanish-English-Spanish) (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: weak management
Very busy schedule and little time to waste. Great co-workers. Difficult to deal with trauma situations and loved ones but very appreciated by all. Sense of responsibility interpreting well for those who do not speak English. Enjoyed the position very much.
nice place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 28, 2014
Volunteer department is very flexible.
I cannot speak on benefits, compensation, or perks of being employed. The people I work along side seem to join working for Inova.
Long hours on feet, nice group of people overall to work with
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: 4 days off
Cons: underpaid and poor management
Lots of younfimmature nurses that enjoy gossip and talking behind one anothers back. Many will stabb others to make it tothe top. Management friendly relationships with specific staff and rules apply to some and not friends.
Outstanding organizatoin
Director (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAMarch 25, 2014
This organization is a premier healthcare organization. Both of my employment periods with this organization were satisfying and rewarding. I was mentored effectively, and given great responsiblity.
fast Pace
Unit secretary (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: love and admire my coworkers/rn's.
Cons: management wasen't very good and a lot of favoritisim.
Fast pace but good. The most difficult is to interpret for parents with babies in the NICU.
No Comment
Patient Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 13, 2014
Working at Inova is a great experience. A typical day at work is managing the evening staff staying within the budget with employees time. Management and co-workers are great. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients.
good benefits
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor training for new hire supervisors/mgmt
competitive pay, not enough training for new hire supervisors/managers.
Working for Universata
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 6, 2014
Very nice company to work for. In this position you had to be a self starter and can work efficiently with no supervision.
Innovative and Dynamic environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: growth opportunity
Cons: restructuring due to financial obligations
Inova Health system is a great place to work that allows for creativity, innovation, and growth.
Very productive
Data Specialist (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAFebruary 28, 2014
This a very detailed position. Love my coworkers. They make your job interesting.
job enviroment very good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 24, 2014
I worked on their telemetry unit and had good experience and had a wonderful head nurse and staffs
BUSY LABOR AND DELIVERY UNIT
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Alexandria , VAFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: short breaks if any too far from home
NICE JOB TOO FAR FROM HOME VERY BUSY, AND MULTICULTURAL UNIT AND AREA
Great place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), falls church, vaFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: local store discounts, health insurance
Cons: short breaks, cancelations, nurse to patient ratio
Teachable departments when fellowship is available. great benefits. pay needs to be more competative. no yearly salary increase. nurse to patient ratio could be better.
Productive, fast-paced med/surg unit
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: being apart of a team who saves lives and makes people happy
Cons: being understaffed
A typical day for me is having 10 to 15 patients. We have our morning huddle with staff and PCD and afterwards we get our report from the night shift staff. We find out the details of our patients and proceed with taking vitals while introducing ourselves to our patients. We find out if we need to collect blood or other specimens, change or insert IV's – more... and see who has to have their blood glucose done. We clean patients and change occupied and unoccupied beds. We receive report from the nurses who have the same patients with me. We check and provide skin care and we assist with wound care. We learn how to manage our time from day to day and manage our patients. The hardest part of the job is not having enough staff to handle patients who are not only total care but the ones who are very needy and confused makes it a little difficult to handle when you are working with 15 patients, but you become a team and work together with your coworkers and get the job done and we always do. My most enjoyable part of the day is making my patients happy, Sometimes when there is a rapid response it makes me happy when your patient comes out ok after the emergency and knowing that you were apart of saving a life. – less
Pleasant work environment
Bariatric Educator (Former Employee), Fair OaksJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: strong senior staff
Cons: too much doctor interference in nursing issues
Strong support from senior staff, who strive to meet their mission statement.
Patient care is in the forefront.
Many long term employees.
The Best Experience that I have had as a Nurse
INOVA Hopital (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 14, 2014
The largest Hospital I've ever worked in. Clean, organized, Helpful
I have no complaints about this hospital. Hands down the best experience for this nurse.
Good
coordinator/associate (Former Employee), Faifax,VADecember 27, 2013
Its a perfect place to work at . Daycare available for Mothers with young children. Excellent benefits.
Patient care
Staff RN / Intermediate Care Unit (Current Employee), AlexandriaDecember 20, 2013
I enjoyed caring for patients but felt I did not have enough time to spend with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Inova Health System

Inova Health System Foundation provides financial support and assistance to the Inova Health System, which operates about 10 not-for-profit – Read more