Innovative Civil Constructors Inc. (ICCI) is a heavy civil contractor specializing in bridge construction/rehabilitation and civil infrastructure projects. With offices in Toronto, Niagara Falls, and Edmonton we have interesting projects across Canada. Due to recent project awards we are looking for highly motivated construction professionals who take pride in their accomplishments and seek opportunities to advance their career to the next level.
Province Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan
ICCI has an opening for a qualified Surveyor for multiple projects located in Western Canada. You will work closely with the Project Superintendent, Foremen and possibly the District Engineer, to effectively deliver the projects on time and to the specified quality.
As a Surveyor, your duties will include the following:
- Frequent travel required for Projects located across Western Canada
- Work independently, with limited supervision
- Planning, and conducting survey to establish major line and grade layout
- Working with computers and total station, GPS to determine precise locations
- Site grading, excavation layout, pile and foundation layout, building layout and elevations as well as changes to as-built drawings
- Coordinate 3rd party Survey groups / consultants
- Audit 3rd party layout
- Provide monthly quantity and quantity verification
- Earthwork cut-and-fill quantity calculation
The successful candidate will preferably be a technical graduate in survey engineering, geomatics engineering, survey science or equivalent. He/she will have a minimum of 5 years of “hands-on” experience in the capacity of surveyor.
Additional Training and/or Experience required in the following areas:
- High precision spirit level for elevation layout
- Total station /GPS layout
- Data entry from blue prints
- Good AutoCAD working skills will be an asset
- Valid Driver’s License required
When submitting your application, be sure to indicate “SURVEYOR” in the subject line
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in the ICCI Group of Companies, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.