AmerisourceBergen Canada is a leading supplier in both pharmaceutical distribution and service solutions. Serving healthcare providers, patients and their caregivers, and manufacturers, AmerisourceBergen Canada provides solutions for a wide variety of pharmaceutical products, from more common therapies to Specialty products for oncology, virology, rheumatology and other therapeutic classes.
AmerisourceBergen Canada is the Canadian division of AmerisourceBergen (ABC). ABC has annual revenues exceeding $80 billion and we employ more than 10,000 associates across Canada, the United States, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. Canada alone employs approximately 10% of all associates, and has representation in all provinces. Our Head Office is in Burlington, Ontario.
AmerisourceBergen Corporation entered the Canadian market in 2005, and is a multi-billion dollar corporation here. AmerisourceBergen has four business units in Canada:
- AmerisourceBergen Canada (ABCC)
- Innomar Strategies Inc. (ISI)
- AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group Canada (ABSGC)
AmerisourceBergen Canada grows by helping our customers grow their businesses: getting pharmaceuticals to market safely, quickly and efficiently; improving the health and wellness of patients and improving patient outcomes. Our customers are a priority and we continually look for ways to provide value in our solutions.
*Quality Assurance Specialist (Healthcare)
Location: Ville St. Laurent, Quebec*
The Program Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Patient Assistance Programs (PAPs), Adverse Event Reporting and other internal program related initiatives. The Program Quality Assurance Specialist will conduct internal audits/validations and prepare/participate in external program audits as required. Additionally the Program Quality Assurance Specialist will work closely with the Program Management and Health Outcome Department to ensure client contractual agreements and AmerisourceBergen Canada’s standards are followed. The Program Quality Assurance Specialist will report to the Compliance Officer.
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within different Patient Assistance Programs (PAP), Health Outcomes (HO) Department, and Clinics;
- Working closely with the Program Manager to assist in the creation, revision and tracking of SOP’s:
oEnsure that all policies and SOPs are strictly followed and adhered to;
oIdentify discrepancies, investigate issues;
oCreate corrective action plan, implement changes and train (re-train) associates as required.
- Implement and/or support continual process improvement related to specific Program and/or internal AmerisourceBergen Canada processes as assigned:
oIdentifies inconsistencies, suggests and implements solutions.
- Verification of program interactions (call notes and telephone interactions) for quality assurance and adherence to SOPs;
- Participate in regular meeting with Programs and Health Outcome Department;
- Organize and conduct internal audits for each assigned Program in order to ensure compliance with client requirements :
oReconcile caseworkers notes for accuracy, with reported Adverse Events;
oSuggest procedures to ensure consistency and compliance with SOPs and contractual Agreements.
- As required, prepare for and participates in external audits;
oTracks Corrective Action Plans (CAPA);
oFacilitates CAPA response and completion;
oEnsure adherence and compliance with CAPA.
- Support and provide applicable training as assigned, ensure training requirements are up to date, including retraining. Perform training record reconciliation;
- Understand and apply AmerisourceBergen Canada’s Confidentiality and Privacy Agreements in working with auditing procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent is preferred, in healthcare or related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the healthcare industry, preferably in a Quality Assurance, Quality Control or Quality Auditor role;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint);
- Extremely detail oriented and process driven;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and multitasking skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Demonstrate high adaptability and flexibility;
- Critical thinking and analytical skills required;
- Proactive, natural problem solver;
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma is considered an asset;
- Bilingualism, French/English is required.
How to Apply:
Send an updated resume and reference in the subject line: ABSG-QAS-VSL
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AmerisourceBergen Canada is an equal opportunity employer.