As a member of the Spragge Plant team, the Site Supervisor’s prime objective is to coordinate daily operations in order to meet safety, environmental, production, maintenance goals and cost control for the site.
- To serve as a role model in the areas of safety, environmental stewardship, leadership, teamwork, customer focus, and continuous improvement to ensure alignment with the company’s vision and critical success factors.
- Supervise site personnel to ensure ongoing compliance with safety requirements and as per established guidelines
- Coordinate daily site activities (personnel and equipment) in order to realize budgeted production and maintenance targets and KPI’s
- Responsible to support the annual training plan for plant personnel
- Provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Environmental compliance
- Resolution of personnel performance issues in a fair and consistent manner
- Ensure that site operations comply with all legislated regulations and corporate policies.
- Coordinate training activities for site personnel.
- Ensure productivity, housekeeping and quality of work standards are established and maintained.
- Being available to support the site during off-hours
- Achieve personal and site goals and objectives, including, but not limited to, safety, cost control and production/process targets.
Education and Work Experience:
- Relevant University or College education (I.e. Mechanical concentration) and/or related working knowledge/experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least five years manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of the mill grinding technology and manufacturing process considered an asset
Excellent leadership ability and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact with plant personnel.
Ability to work on many tasks at the same time while keeping excellent organizational skills.
Very strong computer skills.
Strong communicator (both oral & written).
Highly motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
Demonstrated commitment to achieving organizational and personal goals.
Proven ability to work well in a team environment
Well organized and systematic.
The incumbent will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
Plant Capacity: 200,000mt
Direct Reports 9
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Lafarge Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in aggregates, asphalt, cement, concrete pipe, pre-cast concrete, ready-mix...