Position: Lab Technician (contract)
Location: Bath Cement Plant
Supervisor’s Title: Quality Supervisor
Department: Quality Control
Date: July 2014
Primary purpose of this position is to perform chemical l tests required in the cement manufacturing process in accordance with ASTM, CSA, and Lafarge Canada Inc. doctrines and procedures.
- Preparation of standard solutions that are related to Chemical testing requirements as outlined in CSA, ASTM, and Lafarge Canada Inc. sales and manufacturing doctrines and procedures.
- Routine sampling and testing of raw materials, cement, and other related cementitious materials.
- Routine laboratory stock control.
- Participate in special projects as required by Quality, Production and Process.
- Participate in CCRL and Lafarge Round robin tests.
- Participate in Safety meetings.
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping. Updates QIMS, calibration database and other pertinent records in accordance to ISO 9001.
- General Housekeeping duties of lab and sample retention areas.
- Perform daily XRF routine checks (standard samples for accuracy check) and updates records.
- Calibration of lab equipment, analytical balances, oven, LECO, blaine apparatus, alpine air jet sieves.
- Assists in trouble shooting of lab equipment.
- The tasks to be performed are not limited to the above and may include other tasks which are deemed necessary by the supervisor or lead hand.
- Preferred University Degree in Chemical Engineering or College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology - C.Tech. or C.E.T. Designation with a chemical background.
- Experience in Cement Production or Quality functions is considered an asset.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Indeed - 6 months ago
A world leader in building materials, Lafarge employs 65,000 people in 64 countries, and posted sales of €15.8 billion in 2012. As a...